@#$&!!! CB Now Priority 1

HoosierCat

Well, according to today's story about the grievance, the argument seems to be that the 49ers didn't have the rights to TO, or something like that. There's apparently a dispute about how many years he had left on his deal, believe it or not...

When Owens failed to file the request to void the contract, it was believed he had three seasons left.

However, Gene Upshaw, the union's executive director, said there are two years left.

"That was a mistake by the 49ers," Upshaw said. "There are just two years remaining, and we think we have a good case for voiding them."

My only response is: :huh: ???

But anyhow, the more enjoyable news is TO's continued dissing of the Ravens:

"So that there is no misunderstanding, regardless of what happens with the grievance, under the present circumstances I do not see myself playing for the Ravens," he said in a fax sent to The Associated Press.

Oh. My. Gawd. Y'know, I don't know what would be better for TO. To end up as a Raven, show up on the first day of camp, and have Ray-Ray kick your a$$ all over the locker room, or lining up as an Eagle against the Ravens next season, and letting the entire Balti defense tee off on you. Either way, it should be fun to watch.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, according to today's story about the grievance, the argument seems to be that the 49ers didn't have the rights to TO, or something like that. There's apparently a dispute about how many years he had left on his deal, believe it or not...
When Owens failed to file the request to void the contract, it was believed he had three seasons left.

However, Gene Upshaw, the union's executive director, said there are two years left.

"That was a mistake by the 49ers," Upshaw said. "There are just two years remaining, and we think we have a good case for voiding them."

My only response is: :huh: ???

But anyhow, the more enjoyable news is TO's continued dissing of the Ravens:

"So that there is no misunderstanding, regardless of what happens with the grievance, under the present circumstances I do not see myself playing for the Ravens," he said in a fax sent to The Associated Press.

Oh. My. Gawd. Y'know, I don't know what would be better for TO. To end up as a Raven, show up on the first day of camp, and have Ray-Ray kick your a$$ all over the locker room, or lining up as an Eagle against the Ravens next season, and letting the entire Balti defense tee off on you. Either way, it should be fun to watch.

I would love for him to sit out a season. Maybe he'll shut the HELL UP!

Oh. My. Gawd. Y'know, I don't know what would be better for TO. To end up as a Raven, show up on the first day of camp, and have Ray-Ray kick your a$$ all over the locker room, or lining up as an Eagle against the Ravens next season, and letting the entire Balti defense tee off on you.

Oh, I'd definately prefer having the Raven D take him apart... and you know they would. I wouldn't be surprised to see TO refuse to go back to the huddle at some point.

Either way, it should be fun to watch.

I may be sick, but you made my day.

Actually I wouldn't mind if TO was a Raven and they all were in happyville

Well Josh...you can forget the trip to "Happyville" for T.O. and the Ravens! I think if he was foolish enough to show up at M&T Park, he's be knifed to death before he reached the locker room, and this time Ray Lewis would actually be innocent! The fans there hate him that much!

Actually I wouldn't mind if TO was a Raven and they all were in happyville

Well Josh...you can forget the trip to "Happyville" for T.O. and the Ravens! I think if he was foolish enough to show up at M&T Park, he's be knifed to death before he reached the locker room, and this time Ray Lewis would actually be innocent! The fans there hate him that much!

I think as soon as he showed up in a Ravens jersey they'd promptly forget everything TO has said...These are Baltimore fans after all....

I think as soon as he showed up in a Ravens jersey they'd promptly forget everything TO has said...These are Baltimore fans after all....

I doubt that. Believe me...they've lost that "Lovin' Feeling...whoa that Lovin' Feeling...they've lost that Lovin' Feeling, now it's gone, gone, gone...and they can't go on...whoa." (My apologies to the Rightous Brothers!) :P

Just having him lineup takes all the heat off Heap and Jamal (assuming his exoneration)

Today is a great day to be a Ravens fan :)

Per Garcia: This guy is a joke, he's 34 and he can't throw a ball further than 25 yards. I pray Cleveland makes him their starter. Both of our defenses will eat him up!

B) Who knew that the great day would be just that .............. 24 hours ???????

B) Who knew that the great day would be just that .............. 24 hours ???????

Whoa Redsfan2! You had to do a little diggin' through the archives to find that now quite irrelavent quote! I honestly would have come un-freakin'-glued had something like that had happened to Cincy!

I think Ravens fans handled it well due to them being so used to dealing with major controversy! :rolleyes: