@#$&!!! CB Now Priority 1

HoosierCat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm not overly concerned...Simply double team his ass every down....No one else can catch the damn ball for them (not counting their TE) Besides, how many balls did he drop this past year? I know he is a great reciever....But I think this will motivate Chad even more to be the best WR in the AFC North...

Garcia in Cleveland doesn't worry me too much; that team is such a wreck right now that he'd be pushing 40 before he could take it anywhere. Owens, on the other hand, threatens to give Baltimore a real offense. Between him, Heap, and Robinson, Boller will have targets. And every corner or safety or linebacker we commit to double-covering T.O is one less to stop Jamal.

To quote the horse from the old Ren & Stimpy cartoon: no sir, I don't like it.

2 silver linings, tho: first, they're going to have to work out a new deal with owens and he wants a $20 million signing bonus. So that deal should cut deep into their abundant salary cap space. And second, they won't have a draft pick until round 3.

The ravens were "good" last year but now they are going to be even better......i can see the bengals and ravens fighting for first again this year.....*%@#@#* i think i hate the ravens even more than i do the browns now !!! :(

Terrell Owens isn't a totally positive package, in the same way Corey Dillon isn't. He's carrying plenty of negative baggage too. And he's carrying this to a team that is already overflowing with attitude. It may, or may not jell with the Ravens.

Besides, they still have to get the ball to Terrell from him to be of any value, and I think they are still weakest at the QB position! B)

Remember Jerry Rice couldn't have caught all those passes without a Joe Montana or Steve Young type QB getting him the ball! :blink: It's a two part problem which I believe Baltimore has only half solved!

Terrell Owens isn't a totally positive package, in the same way Corey Dillon isn't. He's carrying plenty of negative baggage too. And he's carrying this to a team that is already overflowing with attitude. It may, or may not jell with the Ravens.

That team is Ray Lewis'. He isn't going to take any of TO's s**t. The only thing holding TO back was his attitude. After he gets bitchs-slapped by Lewis, he might be even better. There QB situation isn't great, but they won it all with Dilfer.

This isn't good. It may not be the end of the world, but it's not good. There's got to be someone in our backfield that can line up against that guy or it'll get ugly. Dealing with Heap is enough and this adds another threat.

This division is going to get tougher and tougher to play in. If Marvin can keep us on track, these next few years will be a blast to watch!

This isn't good. It may not be the end of the world, but it's not good. There's got to be someone in our backfield that can line up against that guy or it'll get ugly. Dealing with Heap is enough and this adds another threat.

This division is going to get tougher and tougher to play in. If Marvin can keep us on track, these next few years will be a blast to watch!

Hey Boobie!! Glad to see you back here!! You're workin' too much dude!

All in all, your probably right, and the Ravens will in all probability benefit from this deal!! I was just hoping it doesn't. <_<

steelers will always be dangerous with cower as their coach. I see them playing better than last year...and if the browns get garcia, and actually start him, they will be "ok". Other than that, hopefully now that theres some good receivers to cover in our division some corners will take competition as a blessing and come aboard.

Getting herring today was good for us cuz were going to lose roman and beckett. If we can get Garnes and a solid corner opposite James we should be fine...especially if we pick up some good DL help in the draft.

With the T.O. Signing... I think it puts an emphasis on us bringing in a Bobby Taylor or Troy Vincent. We may not want to spend the money that Ahmed Plummer might get, but we have to be able to make our secondary a strength ,whether we can get pressure or not.

I can tell you this...with the signing of Kim Herring,and Nate Webster...Our primary draft goals should be the defensive and offensive lines. maybe add a linebacker late. But we'll need to address the corner position in FA... no way i'm putting Burris on that guy again... Let alone Kevin Kaesviharn...

And the plot thickens...the gossips over at profootballtalk.com claim TO is going to file a grievance and fight the trade the Baltimore because he had a deal in place (for way more $$$, of course) with the Eagles, which is where he wanted to go. Here's the Philly Inquirer's take:

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/fo...all/8114840.htm

Just having him lineup takes all the heat off Heap and Jamal (assuming his exoneration)

Today is a great day to be a Ravens fan :)

Per Garcia: This guy is a joke, he's 34 and he can't throw a ball further than 25 yards. I pray Cleveland makes him their starter. Both of our defenses will eat him up!

I still think you guys are making much ado about nothing....Don't you know that TO really pushed the 49ers over the top.....NOT....I know, you'll say that San Fran never had a defense like the Ravens....Well, a few years they did actually have a top defense, and TO never pushed them over the top, despite a pro bowl QB, and a really good running attack.....So why do you think he's gonna push the Ravens over the top? He drops too many damn balls, he has no other WR that will help take the pressure off of him.....Simply put he ain't that good, and he don't make the Ravens Super Bowl contenders....

Kevnz: I respectfully disagree, I guess we'll have to wait 6 more months for any conclusion.

However, going into this offseason and the past three or four years he is and has been one of the 3 best receivers in the league, why should I not be excited???

He was never surrounded by Jamal, Heap, and our defense which with Ray Lewis is better than any SF had ever put together since '96.

Im not saying we are winning the Super Bowl, but you cannot deny that all the Ravens really needed was a top flight wide receiver and we just got him. If I were a Ravens opponent, I would be scared.

Billy: Im not proclaiming Boller or Wright great, but they don't have to be.....

Im not saying we are winning the Super Bowl,

Of course not. Why would you say such a silly thing when it's perfectly clear that the Bengals will be hoisting the Lombardi early in 2005? :lol::lol::lol:

(Sorry, but that was just too big an opening to ignore... :P )

Im not saying we are winning the Super Bowl, but you cannot deny that all the Ravens really needed was a top flight wide receiver and we just got him. If I were a Ravens opponent, I would be scared.

I wouldn't be...Simple...Double cover Owens, and who the hell else is gonna catch the ball? Yeah yeah, I know you'll say heap, but Heap is more of a safety valve rather than a legit #2 threat...Maybe if Jamal was more of a recieving threat I'd be a bit concerned, but Owens drops too many damn balls...

Besides, no matter what the ravens do they'll still only have the second best reciever in the AFC North...

Jam,

Doesn't it infuriate you that Owens is filing this grievance to the league because he would rather be part of the Eagles organization? Doesn't it also infuriate you he is only doing that because of the money and not being part of a winning club? I'm sorry but when you have a top 5 receiver in ability, not production and there is a quote "small" market for him doesn't that set off some sirens and warning alarms? This guy's tremendous on the field ability is almost nullified by his off the field tirades and "me first" attitude....Am I the only Bengals fan that somewhat welcomes this trade? I thought the Ravens were a much scarier team when they had one option, Jamal Lewis and you still couldn't stop him. Now, you have a loud mouth troublemaker lining up outside demanding the ball come his way 10-12 times a game and all of a sudden this team isn't as frightening anymore....You have two quarterbacks who will struggle to satisfy Owens demands and all that means is less totes for Jamal...Bengal fans, remember last year at PBS when Boller was dropping back to pass, he was like a deer in headlights, we rocked the poor kid.....I'll take my chances with Owens so long as it means that Jamal Lewis' carries and overall production go down... I also thing Chad is really going to bring it this season to prove he still is the premier receiver in the North. I cannot wait to see the first display of fireworks when Boller underthrows Owens in the endzone or when Jamal carries the ball 25 times and Owens only gets 3 balls. Ravens had a great thing going, I'd have invested in someone with less baggage that would come in and quietly do his thing and allow your stud, Jamal to do his....I think Billick is arrogant enough to think that he can deal with the attitude of Owens....That is laughable. I know you'll say that I am nothing but a jealous Bengals fan......Trust me, I covet nothing that the Ravens have especially the headache that just arrived at your doorstep.

Simple...Double cover Owens, and who the hell else is gonna catch the ball? Yeah yeah, I know you'll say heap, but Heap is more of a safety valve rather than a legit #2 threat...Maybe if Jamal was more of a recieving threat I'd be a bit concerned, but Owens drops too many damn balls...

Besides, no matter what the ravens do they'll still only have the second best reciever in the AFC North...

I agree! After you put TO in double coverage, and smack either of those two MARGINAL AT BEST quarterbacks a time or two, just start lining up for the turnovers their gonna be tossing up to the defense!

I also sincerely expect friction between Owens and Lewis. Especially after the grievance Terrell filed with the players union trying to get out of being traded to Baltimore! His desire to play in Philly ain't gonna wash after a while!

I'm glad they got this turd! B)

ahhhhhhhh no worries mate the ravens are NOT going to be the same this year...they will be worse

1 - all the egos couldnt fit or even gell together

2 - nine times out of 10 jamal is going to be running away from a big guy named BUBBA..... while BUBBA is smacking him from behind saying who your dady now bitc*

3 - All the bengals fans can say jamal is finaly in stripes

4 - 9/10 owens wont even be a raven he is allready filing a greivance and it should be ruled in his favor

5 - if everything goes the way the whole NFL world is seeing it go... then you will be out both lewis & Owens without those 2 the ravens will be in a world of hurt and celler dwellers in 2004 :P