Bengals vs Browns Game Thread

ShulaSteakhouse

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Chad can clearly mark "Yes" as to whether he was stopped today. He was not on his game and Carson wasn't either.

But ther is no column for "PW", pretty win, or "UW", ugly win. it is simply a win. Way to handle the game. Nice to see Brat stay with the run....could have been bad is he'd kept pressing with the pass.

They looked less than spectacular but it's nice to ethem battle for the win at the end.....that showed character and a brass set...

Wow.. it may just be me but I think the Browns got ripped off at the end of that game.. I think the Browns deserved to win that one. You can't deny those penalties were more than questionable.

This is exactly why I have said this team won't go anywhere far in the playoffs, if they somehow make it to the Colts game then they will be stomped.

Good game.

One more thing.. Nice game Chad.

Yeah, Browns should have won because before those plays they were winning the game. Oh wait, it was tied. I guess in case of a tie the sorry ass team with the losing record wins.

Wow.. it may just be me but I think the Browns got ripped off at the end of that game.. I think the Browns deserved to win that one. You can't deny those penalties were more than questionable.

This is exactly why I have said this team won't go anywhere far in the playoffs, if they somehow make it to the Colts game then they will be stomped.

Good game.

Oh, come on Who....Don't be like a Steeler fan....you have some respect here in these forums....play it cool....

The penalties helped us no doubt....but hey, what can you do

:cheers:

Seriously.. we got robbed out of that game, we outplayed the Bengals today, but got cheated at the end, those calls were horrible. First, Johnson runs straight into Bodden, turns around, messes up the play (As he did all day) Second, Johnson is within the five yards, we get cheated on that play. Usually I dont' bitch about calls, but TWICE on the same drive? That's being totally biased.

Good game.

The calls were legitimate, he mugged Chad on both plays, clearly.

The better team won - but the Browns brought their A game and are playing well.

Yeah.. other than Chad ran straight into him on the first one, definitely a mugging.

I don't think throwing a receiver to the ground is a questionable penalty... In fact I think they let the Cleveland secondary get away with a whole bunch of stuff because they were the underdogs.....

But jeez we need a pass rush....

Wait wait wait.. did you even watch the end of the game? You have got to be joking. The Cleveland Secondary got away with a whole bunch of stuff!? Man..

Good game.

Oh, come on Who....Don't be like a Steeler fan....you have some respect here in these forums....play it cool....

He has no respect on these forums, and will now go about proving why. He wanted the Browns to win? Don't commit penalties at the end.

Good game.

Seriously.. we got robbed out of that game, we outplayed the Bengals today, but got cheated at the end, those calls were horrible. First, Johnson runs straight into Bodden, turns around, messes up the play (As he did all day) Second, Johnson is within the five yards, we get cheated on that play. Usually I dont' bitch about calls, but TWICE on the same drive? That's being totally biased.

Yeah, the Browns had more yardage so they deserve to win. Oh wait, the Bengals had more yards. Well, the Browns forced more turnovers and should have won. Oh wait, the turnovers were equal. Well, the Browns had more sacks...no, not that either. How did the Browns deserve to win? They deserved to be in a close game, that is all. I guess in Browns land a close loss is a win.

Good game.

He has no respect on these forums, and will now go about proving why. He wanted the Browns to win? Don't commit penalties at the end.

mem, welcome to the 1000 club!!!!! :cheers:

Gotta admit, our D made Frye looks like Steve Young at times. Our D is still flashing good instinct and exectuion, immediataly followed by poor fundamentals and lax coverages. I gotta wonder if bres is Bi-polar or something.

As for the playcalling, it showed good discipline to stay running the ball but the failed 4th down (AGAIN) and miserable red-zone playcalls were very troubling. to me, this is on Brat. have another drink, man....happy hour is almost over.

Good game.

Good game.

The calls were legitimate, he mugged Chad on both plays, clearly.

The better team won - but the Browns brought their A game and are playing well.

Yeah.. other than Chad ran straight into him on the first one, definitely a mugging.

I don't think throwing a receiver to the ground is a questionable penalty... In fact I think they let the Cleveland secondary get away with a whole bunch of stuff because they were the underdogs.....

But jeez we need a pass rush....

Wait wait wait.. did you even watch the end of the game? You have got to be joking. The Cleveland Secondary got away with a whole bunch of stuff!? Man..

The defender put his arms into Chad's shoulder pads beyond 5 yards - "running straight into him" makes no difference - you can't impede a WR's progress.

The 2nd time - and I watched these on tape just now to make sure - Chad was leveled before the pass got to him - watch it again - it's plain as day. He was also 7 yards downfield - it's plain as day on tape.

I really don't know what planet you are on, but those are legitimate penalties. They were in FG range any ways on the 2nd one.

You didn't stop the Bengals - you lost - get over it! :cheers:

Good game.

So you're saying the penalties weren't questionable? Quit being such a homer for about two minutes of your life.

Good game.

So you're saying the penalties weren't questionable? Quit being such a homer for about two minutes of your life.

:excitedgroup::excitedgroup:

10-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a homer and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who-Dey....

I hope the Bengals are more entertaining in the playoffs for you Cleveland fans, so that you have some good football to watch in January at home! :)

It has only taken the Bengals 15 years.. We were gone three years, and still accomplished it before you.

to who if we would have played a real nfl team we would have lost . browns played there best game and the bengals played thier worst and we still won.

The referees had quite the game, eh?

I will admit Rudi ran ramped.. we definitely need to address our front seven in the draft and free agency, we have absolutely no talent in that area.

Zzzzzzzz......Zzzzzzzzz.....Zzzzzzzzzz........

Lol.. "you're crrazzyyy man, but I like you"

Sorry everyone for my ranting, I have calmed down, but I think you know where I'm coming from. (Other than you membengal, you're ridiculous)

If I were a browns fan, right after I whipped myself in a closet somewhere, I'd probably be a little chapped about this game.

The ref's got the calls correct. The second one was more blatant than the first but they were both correct. It sucks for you but it is the truth. Thee were about 7 holding calls on the brownie line that never were called so it probably evens out.

Beyond the result, the Browns have shown improvement but I'm not sold on Frye. He had virtully no downfield throws but with Edwards gone how can he be blamed. For a rookie, he looked pretty good. He needs time and weapons but he and the O will definatley get better by next year.

For all the Browns who laid $ vs the line, have fun counting your cash...and watching the Bengals in the playoffs!