White on White on Orange

rob_justdmb

First time since 1996 we wore white on white with orange socks. we switched to the black socks in 1997. So that leaves:

orange on white on black

orange on black on black

black on white on orange

as the only combos we haven't worn now right? I think the orange on white on orange was the only time we've worn the white pants with orange socks the last 2 years.

Black on black is the color. I still remember how during the last superbowl season when our D wore the black, they were unstoppable.

Or maybe it was b/c of Krumrie. Oh well I still dig the black.

Black on black is the color. I still remember how during the last superbowl season when our D wore the black, they were unstoppable.

Or maybe it was b/c of Krumrie. Oh well I still dig the black.

Either that or we wore black at every home game, and went 10 - 0 at home, 12 - 1 overall in black.

Yeah, I think they did go against the Uniform Schedule. But I'm glad they did. The white jeresey is my least favorite out of all of them, but they look 50x better with white pants. Whenever they were the white jerseys they should be wearing white pants.

Agree absolutely, love the white uni's, the black/white combo is too much. I wonder if Marvin went with it because of Pitt's home black uni's, sounds silly, but who knows.

Every since my high school days playing soccer (and having all-purple and all-white being two of our uniform options), I've thought that athletes looked FASTER in white.

I doubt it played into Marvin's decision, but when you're trying to influence your opposing team's game speed/pacing, like forcing the Steelers into a shoot-out when they've always been a run-first team, it doesn't hurt to look like the fastest mf'ers that have ever played in that stadium. Though I think having Chad, TJ, Henry and Tab on your team helps in that regard.

Even seeing a bruiser like Rudi break into a little open space is that much more impressive when he's dressed in white.

And for what it's worth, this is the main reason why I don't like the black-on-black. Our guys look stockier and slower in darker threads. And teams in white-on-white (like the Browns) look like they're leaving them in the dust. I know it doesn't put points on the board, but I feel better about my team when they LOOK good.