Carson Palmers QB Ratings/Over 100

BengalszoneBilly

I was just going over the numbers on NFL.com and to see this from a QB with less than 25 NFL starts is simply incredible! Maybe God is rewarding us for all those 1st round QB busts we had to suffer with. If he is...let's give thanks! (With a little "about time" mumbled under my breath! :rolleyes: )

qbratings8ni.jpg

I was just going over the numbers on NFL.com and to see this from a QB with less than 25 NFL starts is simply incredible! Maybe God is rewarding us for all those 1st round QB busts we had to suffer with. If he is...let's give thanks! (With a little "about time" mumbled under my breath! :rolleyes: )

qbratings8ni.jpg

I am so glad to see another great QB. It seems like yesterday I used to watch teams with bad QB's and think "man, I'm glad we had Anderson then Boomer."

BTW...add 3 more td's to Carson's numbers. He is about at his goal of a 4:1 TD to int ratio.

IF I heard it right on espnews, and I was kinda teary eyed at the time and all, I believe the NFL record for games with a passer rating over 100 in a season is 11. Which Carson just got to in 12 weeks. The last three quarterbacks to achieve that? Peyton Manning in 2004, Kurt Warner in 1999 and Steve Young in 1994. All MVP seasons according to espnews.

Linda Cohn seemed to wake up at that, and started murmuring that Palmer should be getting MVP buzz....Late, but wonderful to finally hear.

Welcome to the Carson Palmer experience to the rest of the NFL. YES, he is THAT good. We're glad the secret is finally getting out.

We are so blessed to have Carson.

Not many may realize it...but having this kind of QB is absolutely great. Carson is the number one reason we are where we are...every other player feeds off of him. An elite QB determines everything for a team. I am ecstatic we finally have the best. THE BEST.

We are so blessed to have Carson.

Not many may realize it...but having this kind of QB is absolutely great. Carson is the number one reason we are where we are...every other player feeds off of him. An elite QB determines everything for a team. I am ecstatic we finally have the best. THE BEST.

It's almost easy to take his greatness for granted because he makes it look so effortless...until you watch other teams and see QBs sailing passes 10 yards over receivers' heads, missing badly on so many plays, and making dumb mistakes. Man, the guy is good, it's easy to forget how young he is.

Mike Greenberg has caught Palmer fever, and has spent the first three hours on Mike and Mike on espn radio singing his praises, and forcing the big doofus (Golic) to admit that Palmer very much deserves to be in the MVP discussions.

Greenberg is also citing with approval the games over 100 passer rating record that Palmer now shares and will soon own.

I am loving this.

[it's almost easy to take his greatness for granted because he makes it look so effortless...

That's funny because Carson only has one major national media detractor left in the country - Cowherd. He just got done saying Carson was "nowhere near" Peyton Manning for exactly the same reason cited above - Peyton is so effortless in his performance that people underestimate him.

I can't quite let this thread go yet.

Carson Palmer is a legit MVP candidate in his second full year starting, and just his third year in the league, currently in the middle of one of the better statistical years in league history (considering yardage, completion percentage, td/int ratio, etc. etc.) and perhaps the best year in Bengals history.

Never, in my wildest dreams, and I had some wild ones, did I foresee a year as good as this from Palmer.

The question now, where does he go from here? Consistently excellent MVP threatening seasons for 10-15 years? Sure, why not? Nothing (barring injury) to suggest that this is an anomoly. He has the tools, the mental make-up, the leadership ability etc. etc. to hint that this has staying power. Unreal.

I celebrate that in particular today.

I'm loking at the stats and his qb rating pretty much plummeted after yesterdays games it;s a 106.6...

that's half a point on the avg that means he was at least 7 points below his avg..so I assume he didn;t have a 100qb rating yesterday,

how the hell do you throw 3tds not 1 int and have a qb rating below 100.

I have to do some investigated I still believe he should be #1 in rating

I'll be back.

hmm it was a 101.5

idk how a 101.5 drops a 107.1 .5 points.

o well.