The Top 10 Excuses We Will Hear From Media & Steeler Fans

BengalszoneBilly

Top Ten Excuses  

50 members have voted

1. 1. The Top 10 Excuses We Will Hear From Media & Steeler Fans

• The Debilitating "Oweee-Boo Boo" On Ben Roethlisbergers Thumb.
    • The Bengals Getting "Lucky" By Going +4 In the T/O Ratio.
    • Ben Roethlisberger Was Still Rusty, Even Though He Threw For Almost 400 Yards.
    • The Refs Were Biased Against The Home Team.
    • The Steelers Hadn't Gotten Over The Bird Flu From The Ravens Loss.
    • The Steelers Hadn't Gotten Over Being Bitch Slapped On Primetime By Indy.
    • Bill Cowher Was Caught Smiling On Camera Early When They Were Up 14-7.
    • The Crowd Wasn't Loud Enough Because Of A Shortage Ricola Throat Lozengers.
    • Golic Jinxed Them By Picking Them To Win.
    • Dick LeBeau Is Still Carrying The Old "Bungles Curse," And Infected The Steelers With It!

this was a reply from a steelers fan on another board.

o well who cares you guys won't win the superbowl..

talk about a sore loser.

Hey its getting better, now I guess they think we are playoff bound!! :bengal:

talk about a sore loser.

Yeah but I think we just won the division and they might not make the playoffs. Weren't they 15-1 last year with home field advantage? They didn't win the Super Bowl either because they didn't even get there.

PS: Ben has lost to someone besides the Patriots too. :lol:

talk about a sore loser.

Yeah. Take his comments as pure "Money." I'm sure he said the same thing about today's game!

He not a sore loser as much as a plain old LOSER! smileyloser7zh.gif

Great poll. Somebody should cc: Peter King, so he knows what to write.

And you only have to look over to the Kansas City thread to see a Cleveland fan response:

I just want to say this.. good luck beating the Colts in the playoffs. (It's not gonna happen)

To me, that's the true sign we've done something good...when the rivals can't even think of a good insult! Call it Joey Porter Syndrome.

YOU WILL hear this from the media...."Well, the Bengals didn't win the game, as much as the Steelers lost it"...I hate that crap....

Peter King will still have the Steelers over the Bengals in his Power ratings....HA! Actually I don't care- he can kiss my lily white a$$ and then drink his Starbucks and talk about his daughter's field hockey accomplishments on the company dime...

There is ever so much, and I and Jungleman have tried to catch some of it in the pinned thread. The most funny thing I'm hearing right now is that a caller is blaming the DESIGN of the stadium for not allowing the crowd to disrupt Palmer. WHAT?!?!?!?!

What a town!

It just occurred to me why the Steelers lost (after all, the Bengals didn't actually win)...it was the mistreatment of the Terrible Towel! Come Monday morning, the U.S. representative from Pittsburgh will be introducing a bill to ammend the Constitution, banning the desecration of the Terrible Towel.

talk about a sore loser.

Well they wont even make the playoffs, so I wouldnt put much into what hes saying. :lol:

WHO DEY! :bengal:

Speaking of excuses, did you hear those announcers today? I swear they mentioned Ben's hurt finger after every play. If it was a bad throw it was because the finger was getting to him, if it was a good throw, they go on about how much of a warrior he is for playing through this injury. :lol:

You will probly hear the thumb excuse on espn, and likely a mention of how they were down 4-0 in turnover differential yet still had a shot at the end to win it, but I think they will give us our respect for the most part.

YOU WILL hear this from the media...."Well, the Bengals didn't win the game, as much as the Steelers lost it"...I hate that crap....

But let's be honest. This is true. They choked. How many turnovers? 4? Potentially 6? And we barely take advantage of it too. Sure, winning on the road is very hard, but Pitt stunk it up.

Hey a win is a win is a win.

I went with Dick LeBeau. After all, if you look at the game stats, the Steelers "won in every category but the score." :lmao:

He did that when he was our coach too. :lol:

talk about a sore loser.

Well they wont even make the playoffs, so I wouldnt put much into what hes saying. :lol:

WHO DEY! :bengal:

Speaking of excuses, did you hear those announcers today? I swear they mentioned Ben's hurt finger after every play. If it was a bad throw it was because the finger was getting to him, if it was a good throw, they go on about how much of a warrior he is for playing through this injury. :lol:

You will probly hear the thumb excuse on espn, and likely a mention of how they were down 4-0 in turnover differential yet still had a shot at the end to win it, but I think they will give us our respect for the most part.

For a minute I had him confused with the other (media favorite) warrior, Jim Kelly.

Yeah, my 9 year old son picked up on it early. " Daddy, Why do they say he has a bad thumb on every pass the Steelers don't catch, but every pass they catch it's a great effort?"! I told him that I'm used to it and don't worry about it because the BEST team will come out on top. I guess I've been used to it so long that I didn't notice. THE TIDES HAVE TURNED!!!

Like Chad says: Get Used to it! :D:D:D:bengal::bengal::bengal::cheers: