Shocking NFL announcement

:o OMG. What's next?

AP_News: The NFL announced today that for financial reasons, they've decided to combine some of the smaller market teams currently in the league. The first of these will be in the NFC, with the Green Bay Packers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They will split home dates between Wisconsin early in the season, and Florida later during the colder months. When asked, NFL officials acknowlege that forming one hybrid team could initially cause many layoffs, but will end up saving millions of dollars in costs.

It was revealed that this new team will now be known as the "Tampacks." As you might suspect, they're only good for one period and have no second string!

:lmao::rolleyes::blush: I'm sorry...I couldn't help myself!

Other possible combinations under discussion:

In the AFC, the NY Jets and Houston Texans would be combined into a single squad, the Jetsans. Their helmet logo will feature iconic cartoon character George Jetson endlessly running in place on a treadmill and getting nowhere.

Also, the Oakland Raiders and Cleveland Browns will be merged. Initially, the new team was to be called the Brown Raiders, but market research found the much-catchier Turd Burglars had higher fan appeal. The new helmet logo will feature MTV's "Beavis and Butt-head."

buttbowl.gif

**Appropriate image graciously donated to Joisey's post by billybroome.**

If the Saints do indeed move to San Antonio and abandon the New Orleans area, there is a group that is interested in moving the Pittsburgh franchise in. They would be renamed the Squealers and a charicature of Ned Beatty would be their new mascot. Team colors will be changed to olive drab and grey.

beatty8hg.jpg