The "Official Don't Trade Rudi And Keep Schobel" thread

BengalszoneBilly

If you go agaist schobel you go agaist jesus er I mean marvin he's stated hes happy with schobel and thinks he was one of the more improved players from last year.

we have other places that need love first. DT (ngata plz?) SS then even mybe a DE if ours don't start stepping up. then again i haven't given up on justin either or geathers(who is getting use to being a full time player)

we have other places that need love first. DT (ngata plz?) SS then even mybe a DE if ours don't start stepping up. then again i haven't given up on justin either or geathers(who is getting use to being a full time player)

No doubt. I'd love to see a new tight end in the mix, but if one gets drafted on the first day (unless Mercedes Lewis miraculously falls to us in the 2nd round), I might just cry.

I've always liked Schobel, but cllearly the TE position is nver going to become more than an occasional contributor to the passing game (at least in terms of receptions). So if we aren't going to bother, I continue to toy with the idea of just lining Stacy the Dancing Bear up at TE; just make a 6-man o-line and be done with it.

Stacy Andrews lining up as a TE? Damn, until they drafted Heathy Miller this year I'd say that idea was positively Steeler-like.

As for Schobel, I can't defend the guy anymore. Not after watching a pass blocking Schobel ruin a day of my vacation by getting blasted backwards about 6 or 7 yards by a blitzing Steeler LB on his way to a sack of Palmer. BTW, this play prompted a guy sitting two barstools down from me to shout loudly in a very thick caribbean accent..."The Bengals may be better than they were, but they still sook."

There's simply no physical side to Schobel's play. None. His speed may make him the best pass catcher amongst the Bengals group of TE's, but in all phases of the game he's a weak sister.

So not only will I not defend Schobel any longer...I'll chip in for the cab fare when it's time for him to go.

No doubt. I'd love to see a new tight end in the mix, but if one gets drafted on the first day (unless Mercedes Lewis miraculously falls to us in the 2nd round), I might just cry.

I woulden't mind having day from oregon :P

Not in the 1st rnd though :P thats for ngata mybe in 2nd :P if not 3rd if lucky

As for Schobel, I can't defend the guy anymore. Not after watching a pass blocking Schobel ruin a day of my vacation by getting blasted backwards about 6 or 7 yards by a blitzing Steeler LB on his way to a sack of Palmer. BTW, this play prompted a guy sitting two barstools down from me to shout loudly in a very thick caribbean accent..."The Bengals may be better than they were, but they still sook."

Next time you see this Rasta dude shouting loudly about how Cincinnati is "better," but they still "sook," kick him as hard as you can, square in his bag of Ganga. That should be hidden directly in in his crotch! Feel free to pick up and keep any buds knocked loose as your reward. :grass:

Then tell the Bob Marley wannabe just as Bob's original version of "I shot the Sheriff" begins playing for the 30th time in the jukebox...Either you "sook," or you don't "sook!" It's not possible to "sook," improve your won loss record from the same time last year by almost 50%, and still "sook!" <_<

Why don't they start Brad St. Louis? He's a tight end isn't he? Maybe he can catch.

Marvin says he wants his longsnapper to only be just that, a longsnapper. As far as his physical traits, I think he'd be too slow to make anymore impact as a true tight end than any of the current options.

Schobel is fast for a TE, but thats really it. Every now and then you will see a play by Schobel that makes you think maybe hes going to start to live up to his potential, but then he goes back to sucking. We may keep him because its hard to change 3 TEs in one offseason, but hes never going to amount to anything.