College Basketball

PMThor

I am so happy that the college basketball season is finally here. I must admit, it is my first love.

While I don't want to start a war here, I will say this. UC fans, come over to Xavier. Yes Xavier. We don't have the messy break ups with our coaches. Ummm, at least not in the last year and half.

No really, UC should be ecstatic to be in the Big East. Great move for that school. Whereas my beloved Muskies are stuck in the crappy A-10. Once again, I love this time of year. College basketball and football, and the NFL. Ahhh the times are good.

I am honestly annoyed by college basketball... I don't know if it because of Dick Vitale or just the massive number of teams competing for one goal that only about 10 schools have a shot at. It can be fun to watch though, I usually root for the Dayton Flyers or the Bearcats.

At least half of all division I schools get a chance to win it all. There's roughly 120 schools and 64 at least get an opportunity More than I can say for college football.(when will they realize they'll make millions more this way) I predict a great season and now that Hockey isn't on ESPN there will be a game on every night just like last year :D

At least half of all division I schools get a chance to win it all. There's roughly 120 schools and 64 at least get an opportunity More than I can say for college football.(when will they realize they'll make millions more this way) I predict a great season and now that Hockey isn't on ESPN there will be a game on every night just like last year :D

I love college hoops, and I don't care for hockey. ESPN will be the network for me!

I am honestly annoyed by college basketball... I don't know if it because of Dick Vitale or just the massive number of teams competing for one goal that only about 10 schools have a shot at. It can be fun to watch though, I usually root for the Dayton Flyers or the Bearcats.

See this is why I love college basketball. Sure, there are perennial powerhouses year in year out, but teams can and do come out of nowhere to win, and compete in the dance. I just love that. I can honestly watch any college basketball game, no matter who plays. I love watching different styles of offense, defense, coaching, everything. To me it is just so intriguing.

And I am sorry you root for dayton. They are evil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it was funny leading up the purdue xavier game the papers made it sound like it would be a real test for xavier... ha! we suck alot... we lost to loyala the other night too... sheeze where is gene keady when you need him

Look out for 'Zona - with Hassan Adams, Mustafa Shakur, Chris Rodgers and Jawann McClellan, they have some athletes. I guess that's not anything new for Arizona, but still... look out for 'em.

Oh, and speaking of Xavier, what ever happened to Lionel Chalmers - that guy was awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, now is the time.

Crosstown Shootout time.

Screw watching Pittsburgh in the playoffs (that made me gag typing it).

It is all about bragging rights in the city.

I will take X. UC has no depth. Xavier will exploit that. The first half may be competitive, but X will wear them down.

GO XAVIER BEAT UC.

xu.jpg

I like the Bearcats in that matchup.! B)

Ok, why? UC is very, very shallow. Their starting five are solid, but damn, they drop off horrendously. X goes 8 deep and sometimes even 9.

The shootout will be close in the first half, but then X will pull away simply because of the benches. Hicks should have a good game, but J Mohammed is going to throw up some wacky shots and Xs defense (a highly ranked defense mind you) will shut down the rest. Both teams will be nervous off the bat, but X is just way too deep for UC.

X by at least ten.

69-54

I like the Bearcats in that matchup.! B)

Ok, why? UC is very, very shallow. Their starting five are solid, but damn, they drop off horrendously. X goes 8 deep and sometimes even 9.

The shootout will be close in the first half, but then X will pull away simply because of the benches. Hicks should have a good game, but J Mohammed is going to throw up some wacky shots and Xs defense (a highly ranked defense mind you) will shut down the rest. Both teams will be nervous off the bat, but X is just way too deep for UC.

X by at least ten.

69-54

I'm not going to pretend I follow college basketball very closely. I look at the two teams playing, and go by my own bias. Go Bearcats! :sure: