Big Ben To Have Surgery

Well, it is hard to deny that GB is better than their record indicates. Of their the 6 losses, only two of them have been by more than 3 points... and that includes losses to good teams like TB and Car. Us, beating them by 7 was actually the 2nd worst loss of their season. They might not be quite as bad as we thought.

Having Ben out is a huge blow to the Steelers... but we can't expect another QB performace like Maddox gave against Jax... and the Jags are much better than GB, no matter how you slice it. With all the injury issues with GB, I think Pittsburgh is just too good for them. Ben is sitting out at just the right time for Pit fans.

Jacksonville had to go into overtime, and have Maddox give them two turnovers in OT to win that game. I wouldn't expect Pittsburgh to be so generous this week @GB, since they seem to play better on the road anyway. I would not be blown away if GB won the game... but I wouldn't put money on it. I still expect Pittsburgh to win this game... possibly in similar fashion to the Baltimore game on Monday night, giving GB another heart-breaking loss.

I didn't see that this had already been posted... how about a mod merging them?

Yeah that's a good post Derek. Yet, without Bettis, and no Ben, on the road in GB, against a Pitt Def that isn't so hot against the pass as they are the run, it's hard to say.

Can Batch win with Willie Parker as his only real RB up there?

Cowher is quite an amazing coach, best in the NFL by far, not even a question at this point, considering how he wins with the hands he's constantly dealt (you thought the Bengals' were cheap). If he wins Sunday in GB with freakin' Charlie Batch and a non-name, 4th string RB, I can do nothing but bow down to the guy with respect.

Yeah that's a good post Derek. Yet, without Bettis, and no Ben, on the road in GB, against a Pitt Def that isn't so hot against the pass as they are the run, it's hard to say.

Can Batch win with Willie Parker as his only real RB up there?

Cowher is quite an amazing coach, best in the NFL by far, not even a question at this point, considering how he wins with the hands he's constantly dealt (you thought the Bengals' were cheap). If he wins Sunday in GB with freakin' Charlie Batch and a non-name, 4th string RB, I can do nothing but bow down to the guy with respect.

The funny thing is over at Stillers.com they all want Cowher fired

I am not one to be happy about an injury. No matter what uniform or jersey one puts on if you have played sports you know how bad some injuries hurt! Dislocated knee, collar bone, etc. So I'm not happy to hear Ben went under the knife and I pray for him to have a FULL recovery.

Now, I also see this as an opportunity for the Bengals to pick up some breathing room. If the Ravens game was not a "must win" before...it certainly is now! The Packers are NOT as bad as their 1-6 record shows. They have lost by close margins all year. Their one win was a route! I think with Ben out the Pack can take the Steelers.

The browns are another question. However, you must remember this is the NFL. They are ALL pro teams. Just ask the Bucs about the loosing to the 49's. Any given Sunday.

WHO-DEY

I am not one to be happy about an injury. No matter what uniform or jersey one puts on if you have played sports you know how bad some injuries hurt! Dislocated knee, collar bone, etc. So I'm not happy to hear Ben went under the knife and I pray for him to have a FULL recovery.

Now, I also see this as an opportunity for the Bengals to pick up some breathing room. If the Ravens game was not a "must win" before...it certainly is now! The Packers are NOT as bad as their 1-6 record shows. They have lost by close margins all year. Their one win was a route! I think with Ben out the Pack can take the Steelers.

The browns are another question. However, you must remember this is the NFL. They are ALL pro teams. Just ask the Bucs about the loosing to the 49's. Any given Sunday.

WHO-DEY

There's already a topic about this in the NFL forum. Moving it there.

More bad news for Pitt...Parker & Farrior both hurt in GB win...dunno how bad...

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/9027608

Edit:checked the steelers site, it says:

Parker left in the third quarter with an ankle injury, but the injury does not appear serious…Linebacker James Farrior suffered a grade two MCL injury and could miss a couple of weeks.