Aren't we 5-2...Then act like it

cHaD711Johnson

Every thread that I look at you would think that we were the Baltimore Ratbirds, or the Cleveland Clowns..We've loss the same amount of games that they've won!! This is our best start since '90!! We have aspects of our team that are weak, as does every team in the NFL..New England has a weak Run D, Indy has soft corners, and Pitt has soft corners too. We have a real good shot of running of another big win streak after losing this game today. For those who said that Carson choked, I wouldn't put it on him as much as I would Brat's predictable play calling. As the season goes on the D will get better, and Carson will get better which is very scary. The thing is that today everyone didn't DO THEIR JOB..And I'm sure that Marvin will have this corrected by next week and we definitely won't lose two straight at home.The beauty about playing Pitt is that they're a divisional team so we will get another chance to whoop on them..

WHO DEY!

This is when we find out who the real fans are..

Every thread that I look at you would think that we were the Baltimore Ratbirds, or the Cleveland Clowns..We've loss the same amount of games that they've won!! This is our best start since '90!! We have aspects of our team that are weak, as does every team in the NFL..New England has a weak Run D, Indy has soft corners, and Pitt has soft corners too. We have a real good shot of running of another big win streak after losing this game today. For those who said that Carson choked, I wouldn't put it on him as much as I would Brat's predictable play calling. As the season goes on the D will get better, and Carson will get better which is very scary. The thing is that today everyone didn't DO THEIR JOB..And I'm sure that Marvin will have this corrected by next week and we definitely won't lose two straight at home.The beauty about playing Pitt is that they're a divisional team so we will get another chance to whoop on them..

WHO DEY!

Well you see, most fans are probably worried because now they realize that the Bengals aren't the powerhouse they had thought, and the two decent teams they have faced have beat them.

I understand that we are 5-2 and still in first. But, the issue at hand is that we haven't beaten anyone we shouldn't have. This team is good for sure, but there are some blaring issues to overcome, and until that happens there will always be people questioning this team.

WHO DEY!

well said

I am one who is happy that we are 5-2, and if all goes well we will be 6-2 after next week

They probably aren't going to beat Indy.

At this rate, that is an impossibility. Imagine what that Colts offensive line and Edgerrin James will be able to do to us if we don't improve quickly. Then again, I'll be at the game, and I've never seen a professional or college team I like lose live, in about 15 chances. B) I need season tickets.

WOW, we finally are a good team and instead of being bungholes or bungals, we turn into a bunch of mannic depressants. We are 5-2 Still atop the AFC North, We have the same amount of losses as PIT, We've played 1 more game than them and it was a W, so that means that they would have to make up that W when we got our Bye. We can do this, we have been through worse, this isnt the 1993 season when we didnt get our first win until we beat the LA Raiders, we are a damn good team, Act like it!!!!!!!

RELAX we will be fine, 1 game does not make or break a season this early.........unless you are the Texans.

We're NOT the Bungals, we dont look at our schedule saying " this game is a definite Loss!" We are good enough to hang with anybody and beat anybody. Every game is winnable

Here is the rest of our games: (and here is what I think, you can take it for what it is worth)

GREEN BAY: (W)we'll win this one, (they are a car rolling down hill with no brakes)

@ Baltimore:(W) We can beat their D, but their O couldnt beat my HS team the year I graduated.

BYE: Crucial week PIT is playing Cle, they should win. Most likely we'll be tied by then.

INDIANAPOLIS: (W/L) this is a game where I described that this used to be a game that we couldnt win, but we could beat anyone with this team. Close game

BALTIMORE:(W) at home c'mon, we got this.

@ Pittsburgh: (W/L) winnable, we'll be lookin for payback!!

CLEVELAND: (W) Oh, PUHHHLLEAZZZZZZZZZZZEE, if we lose this one we deserve to be called the bungals.

@ Detroit: (W) Last loss to an NFC team was week 16 2003 vs the Rams 27-10, wont lose!!!

BUFFALO: (W) IF we contain McGahee and force Holcomb, beat us we will win.

@ Kansas City ( W/L) We can outscore KC, our o is too good for their D.

The way I see it the worst we will finnish is 11-5, but I think that we could win one or even two of those games that I have marked as (W/L).

I see 12-4 or 13-3

As long as Klingler is not QB, Shula(Dave) is not coach, McGee and Battaglia are not our TE's and Pickens is not our #1 reciever,... We'll be fine!

Just have faith, we've been through worse. Be thankful we're not the Texans(0-6..huh we know what that's like)

WHO-DEY WHO-DEY, I would not want to be Green Bay next week.

Yes, the Bengals are 5-2, and yes they are in first, but I think why everyone is so disappointed is that we know the Bengals are capable of beating the Steelers, they lost it, and could have won. So yes, we should be disappointed, but I feel that the Packers are going to be a good pick-me-up and maybe the Bengals will be able to pull it off in Pittsburgh, which is possible.

WHO DEY!

This is when we find out who the real fans are...

well said

I am one who is happy that we are 5-2, and if all goes well we will be 6-2 after next week

Sorry you guys... I'm just not content. We should have beaten Jacksonville. We were the better team, but stupid special teams in the first quarter and a fumble in the 4th gave it away.

We also should have beaten Pittsburgh. Ben didn't look to be bothered by that knee, but they still had key injuries in their secondary, and it was in Cincy. Not to mention the squandered opportunities in the first half that would have changed this game completely. (You know that Pittsburgh fans were sweating bullets, and were amazed and elated that we came away with a mere 3 points on those first two drives. We owned them).

Anyway... yes 5-2 is good. Good enough to be a 1/2 game up in the standings. Probably good enough to make the playoffs. But this team is talented enough to be 7-0, with a 2 1/2 or even 3 1/2 game lead on Pittsburgh. We are much better than inferior teams like Chicago, and Cleveland, and GB coming up... but the teams that are decent, we haven't found a way to come away with victories. I'd be content with 5-2 if we played New England's schedule... but the only 2 teams we have played, we've lost to. Until we beat Indy, or Pit, I won't be satisfied.

I'm not fair weather. I've been with this team a long time... I just expect excellence now under Marvin Lewis. If we can't manage to beat the good teams, how will we ever get a playoff win? We are lucky enough to have an easy schedule this year. I just hope we don't get to the playoffs never having to beat a team with a winning record.

Anyway... yes 5-2 is good. Good enough to be a 1/2 game up in the standings. Probably good enough to make the playoffs. But this team is talented enough to be 7-0, with a 2 1/2 or even 3 1/2 game lead on Pittsburgh...I'm not fair weather. I've been with this team a long time... I just expect excellence now under Marvin Lewis. If we can't manage to beat the good teams, how will we ever get a playoff win?

Yup yup yup. The biggest thing the Bengals lack, I think, is consistency. This manifests itself in dumb penalties, missed assignments, dropped passes...all the stuff we saw not just yesterday but for the last four games. Some of that lack of consistency can be chalked up to youth (Odell, Pollack, Henry) and some of it to injury (o-line shuffles, Madieu's loss), but the bottom line is that if they want to be more than a one-and-done playoff footnote, they need to tighten things up substantially.

WHO DEY!

This is when we find out who the real fans are...

well said

Sorry you guys... I'm just not content. We should have beaten Jacksonville. We were the better team, but stupid special teams in the first quarter and a fumble in the 4th gave it away.

We also should have beaten Pittsburgh. Ben didn't look to be bothered by that knee, but they still had key injuries in their secondary, and it was in Cincy. Not to mention the squandered opportunities in the first half that would have changed this game completely. (You know that Pittsburgh fans were sweating bullets, and were amazed and elated that we came away with a mere 3 points on those first two drives. We owned them).

Anyway... yes 5-2 is good. Good enough to be a 1/2 game up in the standings. Probably good enough to make the playoffs. But this team is talented enough to be 7-0, with a 2 1/2 or even 3 1/2 game lead on Pittsburgh. We are much better than inferior teams like Chicago, and Cleveland, and GB coming up... but the teams that are decent, we haven't found a way to come away with victories. I'd be content with 5-2 if we played New England's schedule... but the only 2 teams we have played, we've lost to. Until we beat Indy, or Pit, I won't be satisfied.

I'm not fair weather. I've been with this team a long time... I just expect excellence now under Marvin Lewis. If we can't manage to beat the good teams, how will we ever get a playoff win? We are lucky enough to have an easy schedule this year. I just hope we don't get to the playoffs never having to beat a team with a winning record.

It's not that I am content by any means, but I just think that we are in a position to run of 6 or 7 straight games , but around here on BZone we are acting like it is the end of the world. We have another shot at Pitt, and more games to establish ourselves among the elite. I think the Indy game is very winnable, and the weather will be cold which is bad for the Colts.

It's not that I am content by any means, but I just think that we are in a position to run of 6 or 7 straight games , but around here on BZone we are acting like it is the end of the world. We have another shot at Pitt, and more games to establish ourselves among the elite. I think the Indy game is very winnable, and the weather will be cold which is bad for the Colts.

Seriously, if you're bothered by this... then I worry about you. This place can be crazy when things don't go the Bengals way. However, this is incredibly tame than before. Last season, losing to Arizona, I thought the world would end...

Oh, and the loss to Buffalo was INSANE!!!!

This is tame... we're actually discussing the loss and not going off on anti-Bengals rants like before... this is tame. We know what this team is capable of, that's why we come back here and every day and talk about our favorite team. And just because it, at times, gets negative, that by no means anyone is "acting like it's the end of the world"... it's just all of use bulls**tting about our favorite thing.

This was a game the Bengals needed to win because it would have sent a message to the rest of the divison that the divison championship would have to go through Cincy. Because of the loss, it still has to go through Pittsbugh. Plus, it exposed the defense for what they are. Weak against the run. Pittsburgh showed the rest of the league that if you have a good running game, you can beat the Bengals. Everyone knows that you need a good run defense to not only get into the playoffs, but to win in the playoffs. The fortunate thing is Cincy only has a few games left against teams that have good running offenses. But this does not ensure they will beat those teams that don't run very well. What eveyone may be missing is the fact the defense has been living on the turnovers. When those dry up, then the defense will HAVE to stop the run. And I don't think that will happen.

Now before I get blasted, please understand that I think the Bengals will make the playoffs this season and for years to come. But I just don't want the Bengals to be another Indy team that can't get to the Big Game because of a weak run defense.