It All Comes Together

Bengal_Brad

Ok, you all are about to think I've been dipping into the Kool-aid too much.

I was thinking about how great this season is and how nice it is to have some respect in Sports Bars, the Media and the NFL in general. Along that line of thinking I couldn't help but think back to the awful years. I often think when we go through bad times that there is a plan, that at some point we look back and say "if it wasn't for this, then I wouldn't be here now".

So think about this. If Akili Smith would have been a average QB would we have Carson Palmer now? If Dave Shula, Bruce Coslet, or Dick Lebeau had this team at 7-9 or 8-8 constantly would one of them still be coach and would Marvin Lewis be coaching elsewhere? If we wouldn't have gone through a decade of losing would Mike Brown still control all movements of this team?

You see Grasshopper, it all makes sense now. We have gone through the pain only to be healed, we have been beaten down only to become strong. We have been constant loser, only to become constant champions!

Who Dey!!!

ok, back to my hooka

The 2 & 14 season was the last straw for the fans and I think Mike Brown knew it. I give him credit for the changes, but IMO the fans forced his hand. I think he was too proud to relinquish control, but he knew he had to or face a drastic loss of his fan base.

That brings up another discussion. You hear the term fair weather fan. I have either attended, watched or listened to (when blacked out) every Bengal game for the past 17 years. It is obvious that there are more fans now than 5 years ago. But, you know what? I don't go around calling people 'fair weather' fans. In fact, I hate that term. If everyone was an idiot like me, Brown would have never made the necessary changes. When fans stop spending money on the product, it forces the ownership to make a move.

Fair weather fans do not bother me. The more the merrier. No, what bugs me are the people that have lived in Cincy their entire lives, but do not support the local teams. Instead of supporting the Reds, Bengals or any number of local basketball teams, they like the Yankees, Patriots and North Carolina. These are the people I want to smack. The front runner fans. I can not stand these people and I wish they would go away! If you are from Chicago and are a Bears fan, hey more power to ya. Heck, I met a Marine from Houston at the bar when I was watching the Texans / Bengals. Good dude. But, if you are from here and still talk smack about the Bengals...BITE ME!

I was thinking about how great this season is and how nice it is to have some respect in Sports Bars, the Media and the NFL in general. Along that line of thinking I couldn't help but think back to the awful years. I often think when we go through bad times that there is a plan, that at some point we look back and say "if it wasn't for this, then I wouldn't be here now".

So think about this. If Akili Smith would have been a average QB would we have Carson Palmer now? If Dave Shula, Bruce Coslet, or Dick Lebeau had this team at 7-9 or 8-8 constantly would one of them still be coach and would Marvin Lewis be coaching elsewhere? If we wouldn't have gone through a decade of losing would Mike Brown still control all movements of this team?

You see Grasshopper, it all makes sense now. We have gone through the pain only to be healed, we have been beaten down only to become strong. We have been constant loser, only to become constant champions!

Who Dey!!!

ok, back to my hooka

Yep, the 2-14 season in 2002 was the best thing that could have happened besides winning the Super Bowl.

Who Dey!!!

ok, back to my hooka

Alternatively, what if Mike Brown never took the role as Bengals "god" and delegated a majority of his football "powers" to people that know how to run an organization. Maybe we'd already have 3-4 Super Bowl wins under our belt. ^_^

One of my employees has lived in Southwestern Ohio all his life yet is a fan of the Yankees, Tar Heels, and Steelers. When I accuse him of being a front runner he acts like he doesn't know what I am talking about, he claims to have supported all these teams through the "bad times". I then laugh at him and tell him that the Steelers last "bad time" was before he was born, the Tar Heels "bad time" lasted two seasons, and the Yankees have won 26 WS titles in 100 years...i.e. 1 out of every four. I then laugh at him and call him a front runner. I maybe a pathetic schmuck for rooting for the Bengals and my alma mater (Indiana Football) all these years but at least I am a loyal one.

One of my employees has lived in Southwestern Ohio all his life yet is a fan of the Yankees, Tar Heels, and Steelers. When I accuse him of being a front runner he acts like he doesn't know what I am talking about, he claims to have supported all these teams through the "bad times". I then laugh at him and tell him that the Steelers last "bad time" was before he was born, the Tar Heels "bad time" lasted two seasons, and the Yankees have won 26 WS titles in 100 years...i.e. 1 out of every four. I then laugh at him and call him a front runner. I maybe a pathetic schmuck for rooting for the Bengals and my alma mater (Indiana Football) all these years but at least I am a loyal one.

These people are not real fans anyway. They are not really disappointed when the Yankees lose, they just like how it looks for them to be a Yankee fan. They also get off on ridiculing true fans. You know what these people are all about. Nothing! They are about nothing! They would never risk being a true fan of anybody, because hey, they might lose. They are not really Yankee fans, they just like wearing a Yankee hat. There is a difference.

Who-Dey!!!!!! give it up for the Decade of Doom :lol:

That actually does make sense.

Dear Akili, David Klingler, Neil O'Donnell, and Jeff Blake,

Thank you for sucking ass, because we wouldnot have Carson.

WOW I have a whole new outlook on the decade of doom.

I'd rather enjoy winning now and sucked then than have won then and sucked now.

:sure:

[

These people are not real fans anyway. They are not really disappointed when the Yankees lose, they just like how it looks for them to be a Yankee fan. They also get off on ridiculing true fans. You know what these people are all about. Nothing!

We get the exact opposite here in Columbus. I am a true Michigan fan because I graduated from there. But lots of Columbus residents go around wearing Michigan gear just to make Ohio State fans mad. This really pisses me off. I don't want people supporting my team just to make some other team's fans mad!