Jets vs Bengals

smizzy

What I wanna know is how the hell could you live with yourself after losing to your crosstown rivals the N.Y. Giants in week 9 in overtime last year? At home no less!?! My buddy who is a devout Giants fan said no matter what else happened the rest of the season, it was a success!

Do you remember how we lost?....we botched the game winning field goal...they went down the field and kicked theirs in...

It was awful loosing to the giants at "home" but we iddnt get dominated.

And yes, Marvin sure as hell would have shown Spikes (or anyone else for that matter!) the door. If you're reluctant to do that, you end up with what happened in Oakland last year! What a pure example of a team decending into NOT being a team that was!
I agree...thats why im very happy to be shipping M.Lewis,M.Jones and A Beasley the door...

Thats fair ...i thought Kevnz would atleast aknowledge the facts...guess not.

Would Marvin have had shown hi m the door if he didnt want to go?

When you last time you won your division Kevnz?

The facts are that both Spikes and DIllon have signed contracts, and agreed to play by the rules of the union. Spikes knew he had the transistion tag and the Bengals could do what they wanted, they had the upperhand...To hell with what he wanted, it's the Bengals call....It didn't stop the Bengals in the past from signing who they wanted....

As for Dillon he is under contract, a contract he signed....He can flap his jaws all he wants, but the Bengals are holding all the cards....I wouldn't be surprised to see him ride the pine for the Bengals all season long, and the first time he runs his mouth slap a fine on him for every word out of it...(I say the first time he sneezes put his ass on the IR...But that is a discussion for another time) The Bengals have the upper hand....

They may not have wanted to be with the Bengals, but in the end it's not their call.

I could go on a rant about selfish players, piss poor attitudes, and a need for them to be a man....But I won't....

I think maybe Marvin would have shown Spikes the door if he didn't have Spikes at 100%....Remember that the money that would have been used on Spikes got the Bengals 4 free agents that all started....one probowler for 4 good starters....sounds like a fair trade to me.

Yeah, it's been a while, but the Bengals will win their division again before the Jet's win theirs.

Yeah, it's been a while, but the Bengals will win their division again before the Jet's win theirs.

I absolutely agree. First of all the Bengals, with a few refinements on defense, is the better team. Secondly, the Jets have to compete with Buffalo, Miami and New England. That's a far better division than the AFC North.

Your all correct...

Except The NYJ won the AFC east last year...and went the AFC championship game...

I hope C.Dillon does ride the bench all year....you do hold the key to his future his should p-lay out his contract and SHUT UP.

As far as sharing a stadium....Our will be here 2008....Mid-town Manhattan.

Would Marvin have had shown hi m the door if he didnt want to go?

Sorry to jump in late, but I just got back in town.

We had this discussion some time ago. This was actually a mutual agreemnet. Spikes wanted out of Cincinnati, and Lewis wasn't a big fan of his anyway. Lewis has been careful not to say anything negative about Spikes since he signed with the Bills. When notified of the Bills offer though, he did say " that's an awful lot of money for someone who doesn't rush the passer" ..... not exactly a resounding endorsement.

As to whether he would have kept Spikes if he had wanted to stay, I checked the dates of the transactions and he had signed Hardy the same day the Bills made their offer to Spikes. During an interview, Hobson ( from Bengals.com ) asked Lewis what his real feelings were towards Spikes. Lewis' answer was if you really want to know, turn off the tape recorder. He then said that 15 minutes later he knew exactly where Lewis stood. His next question was does Spikes know you feel this way? To which he replied.. " everything I've said to you, I've said directly to him on the phone." Again, if it had been good he wouldn't have asked for the tape to be stopped.

Spikes is a great tackler ..... if you come into his area ( about 5 to 7 yards downfield ). He had a great first game for Buffalo, and then reverted to form. Lots of tackles and lots of assists. Very few fumble recoveries, no int's etc. etc. Everybody on this board can tell you about Spikes, but the best statement came from a local sportswriter who said Spikes should be MVP this year because by leaving we were able to get 4 players for what it would have cost to keep him, and it improved the defense.

Except The NYJ won the AFC east last year...and went the AFC championship game...

Gotta agre with everyone else, I don't see them winning the AFCE in '04. Ya never know, it's a crazy league, but the Jets D is in at least as bad a shape as ours (Abraham's about it for you guys) and while Pennington is a heluva QB, he's only got one receiver worth sheot, Moss. (If Chrebet comes back that gives him another good weapon, but he doesn't seem to use it enough and Chrebet ought to call it a career before his brain gets knocked out his ears. Hate to see that happen, I'm a big Chrebet fan, but multiple concussions are not something to ef around with.) Curtis Martin is still chuggin' along, but the guy can't do it by himself, and he ain't getting any younger.

I don't envy Herm Edwards. He's got a lot of work to do and Woody isn't going to give him much rope. I'd say right now he's only got a 50% chance of surviving the season, and if he gets canned that would suck, because it really isn't his fault.

Gotta agre with everyone else, I don't see them winning the AFCE in '04. Ya never know, it's a crazy league, but the Jets D is in at least as bad a shape as ours (Abraham's about it for you guys)

I don't see them winning the AFC East either :lol:

Hey we have Shaun Ellis too...Victor Hobson...Jon Magraw is a player....

and while Pennington is a heluva QB, he's only got one receiver worth sheot, Moss. (If Chrebet comes back that gives him another good weapon, but he doesn't seem to use it enough and Chrebet ought to call it a career before his brain gets knocked out his ears. Hate to see that happen, I'm a big Chrebet fan, but multiple concussions are not something to ef around with.) Curtis Martin is still chuggin' along, but the guy can't do it by himself, and he ain't getting any younger
Your right...i hope Wayne calls it quits....Im thinking J.McCareins or D.Jackson to help at WR.

Your right its Terry Bradways fault...

Rumor has it Gibbs wants Pennington too!  Just read about it, I think the Jets are asking for a 6th round pick for 2004 and a 7th for 2005.  Man, tough times...  :D

Don't quit your day job.....if you have one. :D

LOL.. in all honestly and seriousness; I've admired the way the Jets handled Pennington and hope the Bengals take the same model (so far so good). Question though, what was the reaction like in New York when Testiverde (sp?) was the starter for awhile?

The reaction was optimistic but the reality set in.

We run the WCO....its all timing...When Vinny came in here threw off course and set us back a whole year.

He had not that much practice with the 1st string offense and ever since his achillies injury he has been scared of getting hit..

that ended up being the biggest problem....he would see the blitz and throw ball way too early and just float them up there :rolleyes:

He would crumble when the defense got near him...He cost us alot og games early...Washington was close till he threw a 9yd pass on 4th and 10...also the !st patriot game in NE(Iwent) he threw the game an INT to lose in the 4th.

We drafted Brooks Bollinger but he is coming alon very slow...having a hard time getting the timing down.