Madieu hurt?

kingwilly

Sorry bros, haste makes the king look shabby.

If there ever was a week that we could AFFORD MW or any key player be out, it would be this week.

Better to sit him now and have him later, same with Big Willie.

I'm sure that's exactly Marvin's thinking. Kinda stinks in regards to Willie's streak, but it's for the best.

I don't think we should overlook the Texans, though.. yes, you're right.. but.. they're due for a win and we're due for a loss..

This is a BIG trap game...

I agree the Bengals shouldn't overlook the Texans, as they would focus any week on any team. I don't, however, feel like this game has that "trap game" kind of feel. Usually trap games come from teams who have had subpar seasons, but are starting to get hot (such as last year's Bengals game in Baltimore or in New England). The way I see it, the Texans are just downright bad, and considering the turmoil they've gone through during their bye week, I can't imagine this game being anything to worry about. It's so hard to win on the road when you can't run the ball, and the Texans can't.

But sorry y'all for my going :offtopic: (yes, I just wanted an excuse to use the smiley - no offense intended you you Lita)

As for Madieu, I wouldn't mind him sitting the week out. The same goes for Willie. They are both staples of our schemes on their respective sides of the football, and risking further injury to them in a game we could win with our backups seems foolish for obvious reasons. If the Bengals are struggling, could Madieu and/or Willie just come into the game?

TDB is right. Trap games usually don't happen all of a sudden. There are indications that precede the game such as one team starting to go cold or the other team starting to get hot. Right now I don't see any indicators out there. Sure, we're 3 - 0 and they're 0 - 2, but win-loss stats are no indicator.

One of the "trap" games in recent memory that we all know about was when KC brought their perfect record into Paul Brown stadium and we beat them by double digits. In that game, you had a Bengals team that was getting hot and a Chiefs team that had slowed a little over the course of the season. That combo led to an upset. Right now, I see nothing on the Texans side that shows they are getting better and nothing on the Bengals side that we're slowing down.

Oh, and I'll give myself an :offtopic: for good measure. I wanted to use the smilie too. :sure:

If ever a team had weaknesses that fit into the schemes the Bengals will use this week its the Texans... Trap game?? I dont think so...

Ill predict that the Texans will struggle with their basic offense and have one heck of a time covering our receivers.....

Will we win? Id say our chances look allot better than theirs!!!!

31-10 Bengals.

"don't overlook the Texans" I don't understand people saying this to other people on a message board.

we can overlook the Texans all we want. I don't really feel my individual mindset at the game will have any impact. It's the team that can't overlook the Texans. I can say 16 - 0 all I want and it doesn't make a difference.

"don't overlook the Texans" I don't understand people saying this to other people on a message board.

we can overlook the Texans all we want. I don't really feel my individual mindset at the game will have any impact. It's the team that can't overlook the Texans. I can say 16 - 0 all I want and it doesn't make a difference.

Well I'm sure they're not referring to us as posters, but just "we" in reference to the team. We kind of fit the word "we" as fans, and it becomes habitual to use it as such.

The thing with Willie, from what I understand, is the spasms come & go and may be aggravated due to his conditioning or lack of , so it may be something he has to play through & hopefully get better with more playing time. I don't think you sit a player if he's able & cleared to play . Maybe when/if we get a lead or have control of the game.

This game can only be a trap game if we lose because everyone will say they was looking past them, come out flat, this was a classic trap game but when we win all they'll say is so what they beat a team they were supposed to beat & it being a trap game will never be mentioned . ML will not let these guys look past anyone & we will win so this not is a trap game .

Doesn't look like a trap game or letdown from here.

The Texans got some quality skill players on O and some decent defenders, but it just don't look like they ultimately got the guns to upset the Bengals.

If Madieu don't play, the Bengals should be fine w/ the switch of K2 to FS and Ohalete to strong. Ohalete over K2 at SS may be the way to go regardless if there's a lot of 3-step drop, Carr taking off, or Davis bouncing outside on the run because Ohalete will make folks pay when they get the ball and not get blocked as easily as K2.

Too much over-confidence here fellas..."win this one with our backups?" I don't think so.

I could not find anything on Williams' injury but assume it was on there somewhere, which sucks because I am going to the game again this week and enjoy watching him.

They need him and Willlie EVERY week. Sure if there was a week they had to sit out, on paper this would be it, but in the NFL these days, I don't think there's an easy week - this isn't college ball. The Texans are fully capable of beating the Bengals tomorrow.

A trap game is like this...

Even the worst Bengals' teams played well once in a while. And even the best teams play bad. If there's one time that will happen, it's this game. Cincinnati clearly has the better team and the Texans are in disarray.. but.. they WILL pull it together eventually. And with all of our penalties and sloppy play, when another team plays well, we will be in trouble...

That's this game. It's a trap. That's more for the fans than the franchise, though... we expect we'll win, and we should.. but... Bad teams win sometimes. And they beat good teams. This is important that way... the superbowl teams don't let it happen.

<That's this game. It's a trap.... Bad teams win sometimes. And they beat good teams. >

I do think trap games are more likely to happen on the road though (if Tennessee loses this week and next week, that game will definitely be a trap game for the Bengals). The Bengals were definitely a trap game for KC two years ago. At home, I don't think the fans will let the Bengals play lackadaisically.