No More 1360 Homer Games

Ox

Just dropped by the Homer, and I noticed for the first time,

"Due to NFL regulations, we are not permitted to broadcast Bengals Games via the internet."

When the hell did this happen?

That does suck. From what I hear around here, that's how a lot of guys hear the game. A new option could be to listen to the live stream of www.wtue.com during the games. That should work the same.

I doubt that would work either, the whole point of NFL doing this is so they can force more people to pay them to listen to the same broadcast with their "feildpass" crap. If they stopped letting one radio station air the games, im sure they are doing it to all of them.

This is precisely what MLB did a few years back, it is why WLW cannot stream Reds games anymore.

You have to pony up for field pass to still hear it.

Worst part is, 1360 has not been coming back at all quickly after the blackout, and I have been unable to pull in the postgame call-in show either. Pisses me off.

Any chance 1360 can't stream because WLW will be?

They are sister stations (or brother stations as they call it). They're owned by the same people.

I know the NFL has Field Pass where you pay to hear the games, but I haven't heard, read, or seen any press releases regarding anything about the NFL enforcing anything like MLB's money grubbing ways.

The FCC regulation could be not allowed having the same broadcast in the same market, maybe? I also have a heard time believing the NFL would mandate this in the middle of the season...

The FCC regulation could be not allowed having the same broadcast in the same market, maybe? I also have a heard time believing the NFL would mandate this in the middle of the season...

While it wouldn't surprise me that the NFL would do this, it would surprise me if they did it only after the season started. That is just not good business.

A couple weeks ago when the Homer wasn't streaming, I was able to find stations that broadcast both the Texans and Saints. I only listened to each for a minute to make sure that I really was hearing the game. If the NFL was really putting in such restrictions it would apply to all teams, and I haven't heard anything regarding the on-line broadcast of the Texans, Saints or Cowboys.

Its true but you go to the lexington station, Homer sucks any way. I always go nfl game live and all the stations come up. so you can at least hit the away team which they have to broadcast. so you can get around these cheap bastards for now. Also get it loaded first because it might not reload! Trust me they did this to me last year!!!! If they keep it up i know a hacker here that can get us in!

Its true but you go to the lexington station, Homer sucks any way. I always go nfl game live and all the stations come up. so you can at least hit the away team which they have to broadcast. so you can get around these cheap bastards for now. Also get it loaded first because it might not reload! Trust me they did this to me last year!!!! If they keep it up i know a hacker here that can get us in!

Spain, you rock. Simple as that. I like your thinking getting a hacker to beat the NFL at their own greedy game.

Take it to the man! :angry:

Spain, cut the BS man. I say that the hacker thing is a bunch of crap. I can't see how it can be done.

thegame live-nfl(yahoo it) ,I have it on my favs. Has every game. So you can the other cities because one of the oponents is always on the road! its that easy ! the site has evey game and it loads with windows. However no comercials it just goes dead. But those cheap asses cant get away with that s**te! Lexington is the best!

This is precisely what MLB did a few years back, it is why WLW cannot stream Reds games anymore.

You have to pony up for field pass to still hear it.

Worst part is, 1360 has not been coming back at all quickly after the blackout, and I have been unable to pull in the postgame call-in show either. Pisses me off.

I've noticed the same thing. Last week it seemed like it was a couple hourstopick up the stream on 1360 after the game. WTF???