Hook Em Horns!

John Stofa

I know there are a lot of Ohio State fans on this site, so please don't think I'm trying to rub salt in your wounds. I've lived in both Ohio and Texas during my life, but I have family still in Texas and some of them are Texas alumni. So I was pulling for the Horns tonight! Vince Young is absolutely incredible, and if his receivers could catch the ball the game may not have even been close. It was a great game, but a bad day for the Big Ten. It now appears that USC and Texas are on a collision course for the national championship.

While i agree that the field goals bit the bucks tonight, the most frustrating part of the game was the way it felt that they quit in the later stages of the 4th quarter. I know that both teams were tired but still it seemed that OSU became a little complacent and made some mental errors during the final couple Texas drives. Still definitely an exciting game well worth the experience for both schools.

Mike Green

Waynesville Ohio

The Texas D looked pretty suspect and beatable.

Rod Wright was virtually a total non-factor except for one drop back where he batted down a pass. Otherwise he was pretty much shoved out of the way most of the night by a single blocker.

The Texas LBs are too undersized and teams should be able to run down their throats. Their strength is their secondary. Michael Huff lived up to his billing as a mobile, hard-hitting safety. Cedric Griffin is a decent cover corner, even though he got beat by Santonio Holmes once for a TD.

The Buckeyes have a much better defense, especially at LB. Hawk is a no-brainer, mid-first rounder and Bobby Carpenter was all over the place, showing speed and great instinct for the ball. They did a number on Vince Young - both vs. run and pass.

In the secondary, Donte Whittner was more impressive than Nate Salley. Whitner blew up his fair share of plays. He's got more speed, more aggression, and is a for real gunner. But the Bucs CBs are a liability.

Overall, the Bucs let this one slip away. Ted Ginn couldn't run a route to save his left nut and Troy Smith should've been their QB the whole game. If the TE catches the ball in the end zone instead of playing hot potato with it, the Bucs are #2 in the nation.

To start, Green66, your avatar creeps me out.. No biggie, just thought I'd mention that. Now about the game... The Bucks needed more than FGs when they got the turnovers and didn't capitalize to the fullest. You can say what you want about the UT defense being suspect, but after the turnovers, they still kept OSU out of the endzone and gave their team the opportunity to win the game. Where was Ted Ginn ?? Playmakers need to get their hands on the ball. Overall I felt bad for the linebackers of OSU after playing an absolute stellar game. Is there a better linebacking corps in the country ?? I think NOT... A.J. Hawk is a machine !!! Well, it's better to take your losses early in the season. It was a great game, but would have liked to see it turn our the other way of course.

WHODEY !!!

What was up with all the field goals? Isn't the Ohio State University supposed to score more touchdowns than that?! If you settle for field goals, it's gonna come back to bite you. That's what happened tonight.

I don't think it was a case of either team wanting to "settle" for field goals. The defenses just tightened up more when the other team got closer to the goal line. It was just a great college football game. After all those field goals, it took an awesome throw by Young and a great catch by his receiver to score the go ahead touchdown.

I thought OSU looked good too, but as an impartial observer, I think they have some issues at quarterback they need to resolve.

In the first half, I remember ABC showing us a stat about how Texas' avg. starting position was the 44, while OSU's was 24. Then in the second half, it had practically reversed. The worst part about that was that OSU, with all its dangerous offensive weapons, was starting near midfield almost every drive, and couldn't get more than a field goal, and several times they just punted it away after disappointing 3 and outs.

I think Coach Tressel needs to decide between one QB and stick to them. You can't just throw in a different QB whenever you feel like it. A successful football team needs rhthym and flow, and OSU did not have that last night. I'm very disappointed by this loss, because Texas, an EXCELLENT team, made some crucial mistakes, and the Bucks were not able to capitalize.

The Bengals better win. WHO DEY!