Sirius NFL

walzav29

yes SIRIUS RADIO is way cool. especially when you're too far out of the Cincy market and need a Bengals fix every Sunday. WHO DEY !!!!

Here ya go:

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/...22/sirius_2007/

Now they are saying they contract may start in 2006 instead of 2007 that is just a rumor currently, but it is starting in 2007 for sure.

Wow! I'd seriously look to be hooking up with Sirius! ^_^

The NFL-shield.jpgand nascar-logo.jpg???

The two biggest spectator sports on the same network is a lot of clout!

Here ya go:

http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/...22/sirius_2007/

Now they are saying they contract may start in 2006 instead of 2007.

Sirius will be a part of XM by the time that contract starts. They are trying to beat XM by overpaying on everything and it's going to bankrupt them before long.

Both companies are losing money, but Sirius is better at it. Signing Stern at what $500 million over 5 years when XM wasn't really in the running was insane. O&A are way better than Stern.

They give everyone a radio show. Lance Armstrong and Tony Hawk radio shows?

Wow, NASCAR on the radio. The mind boggles.

"And now they all turn left...and then left again. Just listen to them boys drive cars! Wait a minute, there's another left turn coming up....which reminds me that I had to turn left to get in the parking lot this morning. Never mind though, I managed it like a pro. Now there's another left turn coming up. This sure is exciting. The winner is bound to be the good old boy who gets the best gas mileage! Left turn again. Then another. Whoa, Cooter Johnson just turned right! What was that boy thinking? There's a wall there. Well would ya look at that car burn. Sure is purty. So what say we all take a break for a few minutes before resuming the discussion of the left turning."

Cue the banjo music.

It's not just going to broadcast the races. It is a 24/7 channel just like the NFL one that will have shows and discussion on the sport.

Don't mind "Hairy" there Riz. He pokes fun at just about everything. Not even God gets off his hook. Come to think about it, He don't get off mine either. :rolleyes:

Plus he never considered the exciting possibilities of a road course, where there'd be right turns too!

Don't mind "Hairy" there Riz. He pokes fun at just about everything. Not even God gets off his hook. Come to think about it, He don't get off mine either. :rolleyes:

Yup, some people make fun of God, others make fun of Nascar, while still others make fun of the deaf. And absolutely everyone makes fun of the Cleveland Browns. It's like I've always said...life is a rich tapestry.

BTW, I found this on one of my favorite authors blog.

"I lived in Cleveland for most of my life. I rather liked the city. But I knew I had to move when I kept waking up each morning wanting to punch everyone in the mouth." --- Christopher Moore

the instructions will tell you everything you need to do to get it going.

As in everything else you need to buy. The Receiver alone looks pretty cool, but without the almost equally expensive mounting/antenna kits, (like for the house, the car, the boat, etc) it doesn't do squat except for it's "Tivo" like playback feature.

You're going to drop well over $200 just to get set up for use in the house and car, but compared to an Ipud, I say it's a pretty good deal! All the variety in the world, and best of all, NO STINKING COMMERCIALS!! :angry:

I despise regular radio for that very reason! Over half of it is easily some stupid DJ who's had wayyy too much caffeine yakking incessantly, or worse yet, commercials! Eff dat!

All the units come with the car kit or the home kit. Some come with the car kit and home kit. The unit I have is going for 50-55 dollars on ebay right now and it is combined with the car kit. Home kits are usaully 30-40 dollars seperate. The most expensive add on is a boombox for your reciever.

So whatever reciever you buy it will have everything you need to begin listening to it.

All the units come with the car kit or the home kit. Some come with the car kit and home kit. The unit I have is going for 50-55 dollars on ebay right now and it is combined with the car kit. Home kits are usaully 30-40 dollars seperate. The most expensive add on is a boombox for your reciever.

So whatever reciever you buy it will have everything you need to begin listening to it.

That's a whole lot less than what's quoted on the Sirius web site! Well except for the car package that requires your vehical have a cassette deck for $74, except that wouldn't work for me because I sold my Chevette 8 years ago!

I wonder why the website hoses you so bad? :blink:

Let me tell ya, once you go Sirius, you don't go back. All I ever listen to is the NFL radio. They actually have some decent guys on there that KNOW what the hell their talking about.

My two personal favorites -

Movin' The Chains

With Shannon Sharpe, Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan (Weekdays 11 am - 3 pm ET)

The Opening Drive

Dan Reeves, Carl Banks and Chris Moore kick off your day. (Weekdays, 8 - 11 am)

I call in reguarly, and it is pretty easy to get on the air, too.

I enjoy the afternoon blitz with Adam Schein and John Riggins.

Yeah it is fairly easy to get on the air which is good times.

I wish their training camp tour went to all teams and not just some of them. I am upset they are not going to stop by the bengals camp.

All the units come with the car kit or the home kit. Some come with the car kit and home kit.  The unit I have is going for 50-55 dollars on ebay right now and it is combined with the car kit. Home kits are usaully 30-40 dollars seperate. The most expensive add on is a boombox for your reciever.

That's a whole lot less than what's quoted on the Sirius web site! Well except for the car package that requires your vehical have a cassette deck for $74, except that wouldn't work for me because I sold my Chevette 8 years ago!

I wonder why the website hoses you so bad? :blink:

Well the website it is the normal prices you would find in the store. Ebay is always cheaper.

You don't have to have a tape deck. All the recievers transmit wirelessly to your radio over an unused fm station.