Carucci: Bengals "Not a Factor" in AFCN

HoosierCat

:D I don't know if this was posted before, but I just picked up Sporting News Predictions for 05' and they have the Bengals winning the division at 9-7..and losing to Jacksonville in the wild card game.

About the word "Realistic." My view is that sometimes it's used where the words "Odds" or "Percentages" should be. Almost every team in the league thinks they have a shot at making the superbowl, and actually they do. Yes...even Miami or San Francisco. The only difference between them and the Patriots or the Eagles are the ODDS!

I mean how "Realistic" was it to say this time last year the Steelers would go 13-3 and deep into the playoffs without the experienced Tommy Maddox as their QB? Not very, which I translate to mean low odds. Yet those low odds ended up to be just as real as the Colts much higher odds. So who knows? If I could forcast such events with regularity, I'd be getting stinking rich in the stock market with it and not prognosticating the fortunes of NFL football teams!

BTW, I'm not ready to go throwing the word "Dominating" around either, although I will throw "Improved!" out there like a frisbee! :player: I'm really hoping to tag "Vastly" on to it as well!

Billy, what's up ?? How's things ??

Anyway, I digress and concede that realistic can and should be replaced with "odds". That's pretty much what I was trying to say, you just clarified my thoughts.

Our D is still a question until we see otherwise. Improved ?? Hell yeah !! Dominant ?? Not yet !!

WHODEY !!!

:D I don't know if this was posted before, but I just picked up Sporting News Predictions for 05' and they have the Bengals winning the division at 9-7..and losing to Jacksonville in the wild card game.

Hell yeah, gotta love Sporting News for that call. At the same time, they may not be trustable, as they picked three teams from the AFC south to make the playoffs. The Colts are a lock, the Jags are a contender, and the Texans are lesser clones of the Bengals. If any division is putting three in it's the AFC North. :player:

"smegma" is the secretions on a dogs penis, which would also be a good snack for vic

You've got to love meassage boards. Where else can you find a seemless transition from gnoshing to smegma.

BTW, the veterinary students at the OSU used to have an unofficial fraternity called Smegma House. I remember attending many fine parties. I remember meeting interesting people. I also remember an odd smell coming from the hot tub.

Last, several years ago I attended a Christmas dinner at a friends house. The host made a very lovely speech, one that I can't remember a word of, before asking everyone to raise their glasses in a toast. What he might have said next is anyones guess because his 5-year old son shattered the mood by beating him to the punch. So with glasses raised high about 35-40 people gathered around the table happily repeated his sons toast of...."Penis Wenus"

"smegma"  is the secretions on a dogs penis, which  would also be a good snack for vic

You've got to love meassage boards. Where else can you find a seemless transition from gnoshing to smegma.

Last, several years ago I attended a Christmas dinner at a friends house. The host made a very lovely speech, one that I can't remember a word of, before asking everyone to raise their glasses in a toast. What he might have said next is anyones guess because his 5-year old son shattered the mood by beating him to the punch. So with glasses raised high about 35-40 people gathered around the table happily repeated his sons toast of...."Penis Wenus"

My wife always uses the word gnosh on Sundays when we are deciding what appateasers we are going to have during the Bengals game. But I have never heard anyone say smegma. And the definition makes my stomach a little ill. But yes, only on a message board can you go from one abstract item to another.

But I have to agree that the defense is the unproven entity for the Bengals. People now know about Carson and company. But the defense has not shown the complete Marvin fingerprint. There have been times when the D showed up since Marvin became coach. But the following week, they seem to forget how to play. Nothing is more frustrating then that. But as had been stated in an earlier post, maybe they will sneak up on people like the offense did last season. :D

Billy, what's up ?? How's things ??

I'm fine Army. I've just been doin' the regular stuff, going to work in the morning, then come home and log on here to maliciously pick on the deaf or disabled at night.

Your typical "Feel Good Story" straight out of the Family Channel's primetime lineup. Well maybe except for one small detail. It's less "Touched by an Angel" than it is more "Kicked by an A$$h**e."

And you???