Hating on Skyline

AMC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They opened an Empress Chili in Nashville many many years ago (before I lived here), but it didn't survive...

Empress Chili? Sounds too "foo-foo" for Nashville types! They shoulda opened a dad-gummed "Dixie Chili" down there! The southern folks would have felt obligated to eat there! (I can hear 'em talkin' about it now...Now honey, it's got the name "Dixie" in it. It's GOTTA be good!! Now help me comb out my Mullet in the back so we can go!)

Then all you gotta do is throw in one Dixie Chili commercial with Willie Nelson endorsing it by chowin' down on a couple Cheese Coneys 'cause he say's "His "killer weed" done gave him the monster munchies, and these Coney's are the best thing fer it!" You couldn't build them places fast enough down there!

You'd be seeing more of these stickers on the back windows of pickemup trucks:

dixie-logo.gif

than you would of this very commonly seen sticker! You probably have one too Eric!:

dale3.gif

Skyline rocks! Whenever I go to Cincinnati, going to Skyline is one of the highlights of the trip, we usually go there on the way into Cincinnati and again on the way out. We used to have a Goldstar in town here, but it just went out of business a couple months ago :angry: .

Skyline rocks! Whenever I go to Cincinnati, going to Skyline is one of the highlights of the trip, we usually go there on the way into Cincinnati and again on the way out. We used to have a Goldstar in town here, but it just went out of business a couple months ago :angry: .

So where do you live anyway WhoDey42?

You really know how to push my buttons, don't you?

So you're saying you intentionally drive your vehicle in Nashville Tennessee without a #3 Dale Earnhardt emblem in the rear window corner!?!

How are you not being pulled over and harrassed constantly by the Police due to fitting the state of Tennessee's only requirement for the legal profiling by law enforcement (those rugged "Roscoe" and "Barney Fife" types) of a member of an Al Queida sleeper cell!?! :rolleyes:

So where do you live anyway WhoDey42?

I live in Athens

Georgia ?? New York ??? Greece ??????

I get packs of mix in care packages form friends who still live in town. I also make my own.

Coneys .... ( 4 ) extra cheese and onions .... no mustard ... and Little Kings.

I'm dying here ....... When I was coming home on leave, I used to make a list of things I wanted to eat as soon as I hit town. B)

like some of u i dont live in cincy anymore either and one out of a thousand reasons i hate being away from cincy is because of the chili espically gold star!!!i usally order 3 cheese coneys with onions and mustard or 1 chili cheese coney and chili cheese fries!!GOLD STAR>SKYLINE

Is it the Newport Skyline? <shameless plug> I hear they have great food there, and the interior is one of the most unique and aesthetically pleasing you will find in a chili parlor. Oddly enough, there are still plans for a remodel soon.

AAHHHHH, the Burrito Buggy. I can still remember 9/11 when a bunch of drunk guys tipped it over while the guy was still in it!. I miss late night biscuits and gravy at the Union Street Cafe :D I know it's a long walk, but it was always worth it

And, for that matter, I hate it when someone mentions Athens. It always makes me wish I was still there :(

Man, I practically moved to Cincinnati for the chili...those sportsline folks don't know what they're talking about....

I'll be in Cincy Aug. 8-17. I am marking down the days on my calender with little cheese coneys!!!!!!!

Lets see, lunch and dinner at Skyline or Gold Star over about 9 days....

Thats alot of Rolaids!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I practically moved to Cincinnati for the chili...those sportsline folks don't know what they're talking about....

I'll be in Cincy Aug. 8-17. I am marking down the days on my calender with little cheese coneys!!!!!!!

Lets see, lunch and dinner at Skyline or Gold Star over about 9 days....

Thats alot of Rolaids!!!!!!!!!!

I had it for lunch today, three cheese coneys, no onions, lots of hot sauce, and a Mountain Dew. Forget church, I've found God already...and his name is Skyline!

By the way, all of you out of towners know you can have Skyline Chili shipped to you right? Along with Graeters, Larosas and Montgomery Inn!

http://www.cincinnatifavorites.com

MMMMMM....Graeters Blackberry Chocolate chip ice cream.....and don't get me started on Larosa's....

Can't wait to get home next week for awhile!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone ever check out Pomodori's or "Pomi's" pizza????? Another place I always hit while I am in town.....

You would be surprised how many people drive up from Tennessee to my parents' Skyline, and beg them to open one down there.

Your parents own a skyline?

I would never, ever, move out. :o

I prefer to order 5 cheese coneys with everything. Usually drink water with them, I am on a diet afterall :lol:

lmao!

Well i am in jackson tennessee, kinda s**tty place for certain stuff, to far west for white castle to far south for Frisches got Shoneys..

But you've probably got Bob's Barbeque. That stuff is delicious. :P

Once in awhile, I get the urge for some Steak-n-Shake Chili. It's thicker than Skyline and has a peppery flavor. Good stuff with a steakburger.