Free Agents

WHO DEY AGAIN?

If I was an owner of an NFL team, I wouldn't use any draft pick awarded to us EXCEPT...as trade bait. Give me someone that knows how to do the job!

Lets put it in terms we can all relate to. For example lets say...women. Take a virgin for instance. Oooohhh!! Sounds sooo exciting, and it is! That is until you find out this hot little prospect that looks so freakin' good...doesn't know a goddam thing about what she's supposed to be doin' here!! Next thing ya' know, you've gone from happy participant, to a sex 101 instructor. (Ow! Ow! sweetheart...could you watch the teeth? That's not salt water taffy ya' know!)

Give me a woman that's experienced and aged like a fine wine. She's well seasoned, and she knows how to do things...things that I want done, specifically to me!! Don't give me some rookie who's fumbling around, unsure of what to do! Give me someone who can take the ball and run with it!

:lol::lol::lol:

Great post and interesting point. One thing to be careful with your strategy is the fact that often after a player gets a new contract his level of play slips a bit.

There's a problem with searching for big fatties that run like deer. They're freaks of nature more rare than 30 year old virgins.

A solution could be to switch the D to a 3-4 and just get one big old hog for the middle.

When it comes to women... you're missing the fun part.... training them. i don't care if they're virgins or not... every man has what he likes... and the woman you get.. she only knows how to F*&K the guy she F*&ked before...

there is no guide to sucking a mans genitalia... if it was.. we as men should make it "required " reading in every womans' bathroom !..

The draft is SOOO over rated, it borders on insanity!

No, it isn't. It's *over-hyped* but not overrated. After all, just about every good player in the league was drafted, right?

Well you're pretty much right by saying every good player was drafted, but lets be honest...every freakin' player in this league, both good and bad, were drafted. That's how they got here in the first place. Each and every one of those sons of bitches were drafted to some team in the league.

But here's the ugly and undeniable truth...the vast majority DID NOT live up to expectations! All the draft day gee whiz numbers and talk about ability and past accomplishments? Didn't mean s**t once they showed up here to play.

Now let me flip to the other side of this draft argument...if you can freakin' believe it...now don't tell nobody I said this but...the draft can work. There! I said it! You heard me right! Let's use my favorite. I'll use the example of the best and highest rated QB of all time. He was a Bengal too. His name? Kenny Anderson from the huge Augustana College.

Did he go in the first round? No. I'm not sure which round, but I'm pretty sure it was much later than that. (Help me out here Josh!) All I'm saying is the talent in ANY draft is hidden. You have to have a scouting staff to find it. Marvin is rekindeling that scouting. He realizes what that can do for a team, in and out of the draft. I trust Marvin. He's doin' the right things, and I'll be patient. Even if he want's to use the freakin' draft, well, I'm still with him! B)

But here's the ugly and undeniable truth...the vast majority DID NOT live up to expectations! All the draft day gee whiz numbers and talk about ability and past accomplishments? Didn't mean s**t once they showed up here to play.

"The vast majority"??? Billy, put down the bourbon and back away from the bottle...slowly :P

By no means do the vast majority of draft picks fail to live up to expectations. In fact, the vast majority of draft picks bring with them little expectation. *Any* day 2 pick who contributes anything at all is automatically labelled a "steal." And even a third round pick who becomes a starter usually raises eyebrows. It's only the first and second round players who carry the expectations baggage. And generally speaking there are more hits than misses in any first * or second round class.

Is it a crap shoot? Of course -- and as you correctly pointed out it all comes down to scouting, something the Bengals have traditionally defined as "buying a copy of The Drug Store List." Lewis appears to be changing that -- look at last year: 3 solid contributors in the first four rounds -- and I'm looking forward to seeing how he plays his cards this year.

(* just a note: I *would* argue that it has become all but impossible for players chosen in, oh, about the top 10, to ever live up to the ludicrious contracts those positions command. Face it, even if Carson Palmer has a career equal to Dan Marino's there will be people saying he was a bust because we paid him 50 gazillion dollars and he never won a Super Bowl.)

When it comes to women... you're missing the fun part.... training them. i don't care if they're virgins or not... every man has what he likes... and the woman you get.. she only knows how to F*&K the guy she F*&ked before...

there is no guide to sucking a mans genitalia... if it was.. we as men should make it "required " reading in every womans' bathroom !..

Yo Chris. I think you got my point, and took it a step further! Hold on while I run and get a pencil to write this s**t down!! :lol:

My list of free-agents the bengals should try to get. I might have missed a few people, but here is most of them. They are not in a sertain order.

Unrestricted Free-angents

Shane Mathews

Kevin Faulk

Kevin Dyson

Dez White

Jim Kleinsasser

Jevon Kearse

Ted Washington

Warren Sapp

Randall Godfrey

Chris McAlister

Charles Woodson

Shawn Springs

Champ Bailey

Bobby Taylor

Troy Vincent

Rogers Beckett

Brandon Bennett

Rich Braham

Brad St. Louis

Glen Steele

Restricted Free-agents

Rudi Johnson

Steve Smith

Drew Bennet

Boo Williams

Edgerton Hartwell

• 3 weeks later...
My list of free-agents the bengals should try to get. I might have missed a few people, but here is most of them. They are not in a sertain order.

Unrestricted Free-angents

Shane Mathews

Kevin Faulk

Kevin Dyson

Dez White

Jim Kleinsasser

Jevon Kearse

Ted Washington

Warren Sapp

Randall Godfrey

Chris McAlister

Charles Woodson

Shawn Springs

Champ Bailey

Bobby Taylor

Troy Vincent

Rogers Beckett

Brandon Bennett

Rich Braham

Brad St. Louis

Glen Steele

Restricted Free-agents

Rudi Johnson

Steve Smith

Drew Bennet

Boo Williams

Edgerton Hartwell

The two free agents we just signed aren't listed here...who's got the full, unabbreviated list? :blink:

:rolleyes: Nevermind, I just answered my own question. I needed to look a little further down that websites list. Duh!

Here's the complete rundown per "Draftblitz":

Sorted By Team (All Players):

Atlanta Falcons UFA: CB Juran Bolden, S Keion Carpenter, RB Travis Jervey, QB Doug Johnson, TE Brian Kozlowski, S Gerald McBurrows, LB Twan Russell, LB Artie Ulmer.

RFA: TE Sean Brewer, PK Jay Feely, OG Kynan Forney, OG Roberto Garza, WR Quentin McCord, LB Karon Riley, LB Matt Stewart.

Arizona Cardinals UFA: CB David Barrett, TE Steve Bush, OG Chris Dishman, S Justin Lucas, CB Emmanuel McDaniel, DT Derrick Ransom, OT L.J. Shelton, C Jason Starkey.

RFA: DT Marcus Bell, WR Bryan Gilmore, PK Bill Gramatica, CB Renaldo Hill, WR Kevin Kasper, S Adrian Wilson, LB LeVar Woods.

Buffalo Bills UFA: TE Mark Campbell, FB Sam Gash, DE Keith McKenzie, RB Sammy Morris, LB DaShon Polk, CB Dainon Sidney, CB Antoine Winfield.RFA: FB Phillip Crosby, DT Ron Edwards, OT Marques Sullivan, C Ross Tucker.

Baltimore Ravens UFA: OT Orlando Brown, C Mike Flynn, LB Bernardo Harris, TE John Jones, CB Tommy Knight, CB Chris McAlister, DE Riddick Parker, QB Chris Redman, PK Wade Richey, WR Marcus Robinson, PK Matt Stover, DE Adalius Thomas, WR Dedric Ward, QB Anthony Wright.

RFA: OG Bennie Anderson, OT Damion Cook, DE Marques Douglas, DT Kelly Gregg, LB Edgerton Hartwell, LS Joe Maese, OG Casey Rabach, FB Alan Ricard, CB Raymond Walls.

Carolina Panthers UFA: OG Kevin Donnalley, WR Kevin Dyson, LB Greg Favors, S Deon Grant, CB Reggie Howard, OG Jeno James, PK John Kasay, LB Jason Kyle, TE Kris Mangum, DE Kavika Pittman, OG Tutan Reyes, LB Lester Towns, DE Al Wallace, TE Jermaine Wiggins, OT Matt Willig.

RFA: LB Brian Allen, S Jarrod Cooper, FB Nick Goings, RB Rod Smart, WR Steve Smith, S Travares Tillman.

Cincinnati Bengals UFA: S Rogers Beckett, RB Brandon Bennett, C Rich Braham, OG Mike Goff, QB Shane Matthews, OG Matt O'Dwyer, S Mark Roman, TE Brad St. Louis, DT Glen Steele.

RFA: PK Shayne Graham, WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, LB Riall Johnson, RB Rudi Johnson, S Kevin Kaesviharn, OG Victor Leyva, TE Tony Stewart

Chicago Bears UFA: S Mike Green, OG Corbin Lacina, CB Todd McMillon, FB Stanley Pritchett, OT Scott Sanderson, DT Keith Traylor, OG Chris Villarrial, WR Dez White.

RFA: OT Mike Gandy, LB Bobbie Howard, DE Joe Tafoya.

Cleveland Browns UFA: LB Brant Boyer, P Chris Gardocki, TE Rodrick Monroe, WR Dennis Northcutt, OG Shaun O'Hara, DE Tyrone Rogers, CB Lewis Sanders, OG Barry Stokes.

RFA: WR Andre King, OG Paul Zukauskas.

Dallas Cowboys UFA: C Gennaro DiNapoli, CB Mario Edwards, DE Ebenezer Ekuban, DE Eric Ogbogu.

RFA: DT Willie Blade, RB Aveion Cason, OT Javiar Collins, RB Troy Hambrick, C Matt Lehr, S Lynn Scott, LB Markus Steele, TE James Whalen, WR Randal Williams.

Denver Broncos UFA: DE Bert Berry, OT Blake Brockermeyer, LB Keith Burns, WR Chris Cole, FB Reuben Droughns, S Nick Ferguson, LB Ian Gold, TE Patrick Hape, TE Mike Leach, CB Jimmy Spencer, LB Al Wilson.

RFA: OG Ben Hamilton, DE Reggie Hayward, OG Steve Herndon, LB Donnie Spragan.

Detroit Lions UFA: OG Eric Beverly, OG Ray Brown, RB Shawn Bryson, QB Ty Detmer, LB Jeff Gooch, LB Barrett Green, DE James Hall, WR Shawn Jefferson, P John Jett, DT Kelvin Pritchett, CB Otis Smith, S Bracy Walker, LB Brian Williams, CB Jimmy Wyrick.

RFA: WR Scotty Anderson, LB Donte' Curry, QB Mike McMahon, RB Stephen Trejo.

Green Bay Packers UFA: P Josh Bidwell, OT Chad Clifton, S Antuan Edwards, WR Antonio Freeman, CB Michael Hawthorne, QB Doug Pederson, OT Marcus Spriggs, TE Wesley Walls.

RFA: S Curtis Fuller, CB Bhawoh Jue, LB Torrance Marshall, TE David Martin, DT Rod Walker.

Houston Texans UFA: FB Greg Comella, LB Steve Foley, OT Jimmy Herndon, RB Stacey Mack, DT Steve Martin, OT Greg Randall, DE Corey Sears, CB Jason Simmons, OG Todd Washington.

RFA: CB Jason Bell, DE Jerry DeLoach, TE Jabari Holloway, S Marlon McCree, FB Moran Norris, CB Darrick Vaughn.

Indianapolis Colts UFA: CB Cliff Crosby, CB David Macklin, QB Peyton Manning, LB Jim Nelson, LB Marcus Washington, DT Josh Williams.

RFA: S Cory Bird, TE Joe Dean Davenport, OG Rick DeMulling, OT Ryan Diem, S Jason Doering, CB Nick Harper, RB Dominic Rhodes, LB Donnel Thompson.

Jacksonville Jaguars UFA: DE Lionel Barnes, CB Fernando Bryant, LB Danny Clark, S Donovin Darius, WR Matthew Hatchette, OT Leander Jordan, C Brad Meester, LB Keith Mitchell, OG Jamar Nesbit, DE Paul Spicer, CB Kiwaukee Thomas, CB James Trapp, OT Sammy Williams, TE Joe Zelenka.

RFA: P Chris Hanson, LB Joe Tuipala.

Kansas City Chiefs UFA: CB William Bartee, WR Dameane Douglas, TE Jason Dunn, LS Kendall Gammon, DE Eric Hicks, CB Darrius Johnson, QB Jonathan Quinn, OT John Tait, S Greg Wesley, S Lyle West.

RFA: P Jason Baker, LB Monty Beisel, RB Derrick Blaylock, LB Quinton Caver, DT Eric Downing, WR Curtis Jackson.

Miami Dolphins UFA: FB Obafemi Ayanbadejo, CB Terrell Buckley, DE Rob Burnett, S Arturo Freeman, LB Tommy Hendricks, OG Jamie Nails, LS Ed Perry, RB Charlie Rogers, P Matt Turk, OT Todd Wade, S Shawn Wooden.

RFA: LB Morlon Greenwood, RB Travis Minor, DE Adewale Ogunleye, QB Sage Rosenfels.

Minnesota Vikings UFA: RB Doug Chapman, OG Lewis Kelly, DT Cedric Killings, TE Jim Kleinsasser, OG Everett Lindsay, DT Fred Robbins, C Cory Withrow.

RFA: RB John Avery, CB Eric Kelly.

New England Patriots UFA: S Chris Akins, TE Fred Baxter, S Je'Rod Cherry, RB Mike Cloud, C Mike Compton, LB Don Davis, RB Kevin Faulk, DE Bobby Hamilton, S Antwan Harris, QB Damon Huard, DT Rick Lyle, RB Patrick Pass, DE Anthony Pleasant, DT Ted Washington, C Damien Woody.

RFA: OG Russ Hochstein.

New York Jets UFA: WR Michael Bates, PK Doug Brien, OG J.P. Machado, DT Chester McGlockton, OG Brent Smith, P Dan Stryzinski.

RFA: LB Jason Glenn, CB Jamie Henderson, OT Kareem McKenzie, DT James Reed, LB Quincy Stewart, WR Kevin Swayne, LB Kenyatta Wright.

New York Giants UFA: C Chris Bober, CB Ralph Brown, WR Ron Dixon, QB Jason Garrett, DT Cornelius Griffin, S Johnnie Harris, LB Dhani Jones, CB Kato Serwanga, LB Brandon Short, DE Keith Washington.

RFA: DT Lance Legree, QB Jesse Palmer, CB Will Peterson, TE Marcellus

Rivers.

New Orleans Saints UFA: QB Todd Bouman, CB Fakhir Brown, RB Ki-Jana Carter, OT Spencer Folau, C Jerry Fontenot, S Victor Green, DT Grady Jackson, RB Fred McAfee, TE Walter Rasby, LB Derrick Rodgers, FB Terrelle Smith, CB Fred Thomas.

RFA: S Steve Gleason, LB Sedrick Hodge, DT Kenny Smith, TE Boo Williams.

Oakland Raiders UFA: OG Brad Badger, S Anthony Dorsett, FB Chris Hetherington, S-LB Eric Johnson, CB Clarence Love, QB Rick Mirer, WR Scottie Montgomery, TE O.J. Santiago, CB Terrance Shaw, OL Matt Stinchcomb, DT Dana Stubblefield, WR Alvis Whitted, CB Charles Woodson.

RFA: OT Chad Slaughter

Philadelphia Eagles UFA: DE Marco Coleman, LB Carlos Emmons, DT Paul Grasmanis, RB Duce Staley, CB Bobby Taylor, CB Troy Vincent, OG Bobbie Williams.

RFA: LB Keith Adams, RB Correll Buckhalter, QB A.J. Feeley.

Pittsburgh Steelers UFA: DT Kendrick Clancy, TE Matt Cushing, WR Chris Doering, LB Clark Haggans, FB Dan Kreider, S Mike Logan, LS Mike Schneck.

RFA: DE Rodney Bailey, DE Chris Hoke, CB Chidi Iwuoma, OT Mathias Nkwenti, C Chukky Okobi, OG Keydrick Vincent.

San Diego Chargers UFA: P Darren Bennett, LS David Binn, PK Steve Christie, OG Kelvin Garmon, OG Bob Hallen, RB Leon Johnson, OT Damion McIntosh, OL Solomon Page, S Jerry Wilson.

RFA: DE Otis Leverette, LB Zeke Moreno, LB Carlos Polk, LB Jude Waddy.

San Francisco 49ers UFA: DE Chidi Ahanotu, C Brock Gutierrez, S Ronnie Heard, TE Brian Jennings, DT Travis Kirschke, WR Terrell Owens, LB Julian Peterson, CB Ahmed Plummer, WR Tai Streets, TE Jed Weaver, CB Jason Webster.

RFA: RB Kevan Barlow, DT Devone Claybrooks, CB Rashad Holman, TE Eric Johnson, PK Owen Pochman, CB Jimmy Williams, WR Cedrick Wilson.

Seattle Seahawks UFA: CB Doug Evans, LB Randall Godfrey, WR Darrell Jackson, OT Walter Jones, LB Isaiah Kacyvenski, DE Lamar King, P Tom Rouen, CB Shawn Springs, CB Willie Williams, DT Cedric Woodard

RFA: WR Alex Bannister, FB Heath Evans, LB Orlando Huff, C Dennis Norman, OT Floyd Womack.

St. Louis Rams UFA: TE Cameron Cleeland, S Rich Coady, QB Scott Covington, P Sean Landeta, OG David Loverne, OT Orlando Pace, S Jason Sehorn, OT John St. Clair, OG Adam Timmerman, CB Fred Weary, DE Grant Wistrom, DT Brian Young.

RFA: QB Marc Bulger, CB Jerametrius Butler, DE Bryce Fisher, TE Brandon Manumaleuna.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers UFA: WR Reggie Barlow, OG Cosey Coleman, LB Jack Golden, OT Cornell Green, RB Thomas Jones, QB Shaun King, DT Warren Sapp, RB Aaron Stecker,P Tom Tupa, LB Nate Webster, TE Todd Yoder.

RFA: FB Jameel Cook, DT Chartric Darby, S John Howell, DE RonWarner, DE Ellis Wyms.

Tennessee Titans UFA: PK Gary Anderson, DE Jevon Kearse, TE Erron Kinney, S Scott McGarrahan, DT Robaire Smith, QB Billy Volek.RFA: WR Drew Bennett, WR Eddie Berlin, WR Justin McCareins, TE Shad Meier, DE Juqua Thomas.

Washington Redskins UFA: LS Ethan Albright, CB Champ Bailey, DT Martin Chase, OG Lennie Friedman, DT Bernard Holsey, WR Pat Johnson, LB Kevin Mitchell, S David Terrell, DE Peppi Zellner.

RFA: LB Orantes Grant, FB Bryan Johnson, WR Darnerien McCants, S Ifeanyi Ohalete, LB Antonio Pierce.