Carson Palmer

TecmoFever

I say that it will come next year, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he sneaks in this year.

What's the competition look like? Manning & Brady both have to have bad years to not get in, so Palmer would probably have to beat out all but one of Pennington, McNair, Carr, Leftwich, Roethlisberger, Green, Plummer, and Brees.

I'm doubting that Fiedler, Losman, Boller, Dilfer, or Kerry Collins will be a threat, though I guess Collins could just throw it up to Moss all day and get 4000 yards.

That being said, Houston and Jacksonville fans were probably all ready to put their boys in the Pro Bowl last May. It normally takes a little while.

Well, you have to assume that unless he gets injured, Manning is going to be in there. After him in the AFC you have Tom Brady, and a bunch of guys that the media seems to love because they are good stories (i.e. Roethlisberger, Brees, Leftwich), and there is always potential that a guy like Pennington, Trent Green or Steve McNair (if healthy) could have big years. So I doubt he'll get in this year, unless the Bengals wind the division decisively.

On the other hand, because of his weapons, he just might put up big enough numbers to gain national recognition, but as my vote says, I still think he's a year away. The Pro Bowl will come in his 3rd year as a starter, even though I do think based on talent alone he is right up there.

If Carson doesn't get in this year with CJ, TJ, the Squirrel, possibly P-Dub, Tab Perry and Chris Henry to throw to, I don't know if he ever will.

I say he makes it in this year, due to the recognition he receives from a top-10 offense and a playoff run :player:

I think Carson will make it to the probowl this year, and he won't need a number one defense to help him either like Big Ben did. Thats the only reason Roethlisburger made it last year because he had his defense carry him. If Carson puts up numbers like he did the last three games he played in last year, he'll make it. :player :player:

If Carson doesn't get in this year with CJ, TJ, the Squirrel, possibly P-Dub, Tab Perry and Chris Henry to throw to, I don't know if he ever will.

I say he makes it in this year, due to the recognition he receives from a top-10 offense and a playoff run :player:

Don't forget Chris perry on 3rd downs ;) Carson could have a better year then brady and still brady would make it before him because of all the sheep votes.

Carson could have a better year then brady and still brady would make it before him because of all the sheep votes.

But I think that's fair considering that Brady has the hardware and you're supposed to pay your dues a little in the NFL. Carson will get a few cheap ones later in his career because of his Super Bowl MVPs. (I might have just wet myself just typing that last line.)

Guys, guys, I'm a homer just like anybody else. And based on his last 3 games, I too am excited about what kind of numbers he will put up, but it is unrealistic to think he will do that week in and week out. He will have good numbers, but he isn't going to have Peyton Manning's numbers. It is his 2nd year as a starter. He learned a lot last year, but he is far away from a grizzled veteran.

He is the only player I have every bought a jersey for, so I love the guy, but I will be really surprized if he makes the pro bowl this year, simply because there is really only one open spot. He won't make it ahead of Manning or Brady unless he breaks a yardage, or TD record (possibly both). He won't do either, despite his high powered weapons.

He will make the pro-bowl in a year or two, and will eventually carry this team, maybe even by next year, but at this point I don't want him to have to carry the team. Those weapons are the only chance we have to go to the Super Bowl, because he is still just too green behind the ears.

P.S. Despite everything I just said, Palmer will be the league MVP next year, and lead the Bengals to the promised land.

P.P.S. - let's not let the fact that I said "promised land" spiral into a religious conversation about God giving haironfire cancer.

arguing1.jpg

That is funny, but wrong all at the same time.

On the afternoon blitz on Sirius Satallite Radio, Tim and John were talking up Palmer for this year. Basically they were saying if Carson stepped up the Bengals will be making BIG noise in the AFC. It is weird to hear media types actually talking up a Bengals player, much less one of our QB's. It made me pumped to hear that, however. It is weird, you get this sense of pride when you hear your team finally getting props on sports radio, instead of getting slammed.

On comparing manning just look at his first year stats and then Carson's first year. I know that manning started right away but if anyone remembers he was an INT machine his first year and they went like 3-13. Right now all we have to compare is each others first years starting and Carson gets the nod on that one(or whatever you got to tell yourself ;)

I'm doubting that Fiedler, Losman, Boller, Dilfer, or Kerry Collins will be a threat, though I guess Collins could just throw it up to Moss all day and get 4000 yards.

all Carson has to do is just throw it up to Chad!!and even tj chris henry pdub kelley and tab ;)

P.P.S. - let's not let the fact that I said "promised land" spiral into a religious conversation about God giving haironfire cancer.

What's that, I've got cancer? Man, that sucks. I bet I got it off of the internet. Now I kinda wish I believed in God so I'd have someone to blame....or to pray to hoping if I beg just right....he'd take it back.

Then again....

"We all have a cancer growing in us. Some of us have had it diagnosed and are getting whatever treatment they can...others haven't got a clue. But we've all got it growing in us somewhere. As for me I love my cancer because it's mine, and I love everything about me." --George Carlin