Very dissapointed in our fans

bengal fan

Thanks for standing tall bengal fan! You still believe, and I do too! This ain't over yet! Anyone who thinks so is just a fair weather follower, undeserving of even the title of fan! We got one game left. So do the Ravens!!

Who stands with "bengal fan" and myself as real fans!! Let's hear it! B)

Whoa, pull it in fellas. Nobody's saying we're out of it, well some of us are but they don't get it. We got bitch-slapped today and the Ravens took care of business. It's disappointing, but there's a game to go.

Maybe we'll get a nice treat from Santa. He loves cats, nobody likes a stupid raven - they're smelly, obnoxious, disease carrying scavengers.

I'm with you bengal fan, Kirk and Billy.

I agree. I've been hearing on talk radio some fans already to give up. it's not over. It wasn't over at 0-3 and it's not over now. Realistically or mathmatically, we are in it.

Well, after the last 12 years I can see why some fans are ready to throw the towel in...I think they are just plain stupid for saying that....But damn, this team has a chance to do something the Bengals haven't done in 12 f'n years! that's finish over 500. Man I want that more than I want the playoffs to be honest...But now, don't think that the Arizona, Bills, and the Raiders games don't really stick in my craw....ugh.....

Well, after the last 12 years I can see why some fans are ready to throw the towel in

I can understand that position and those whom throw in the towel have every right as we do to cheering on our football team. In the end, it will be our satisfaction that we did all we could supporting them.

I don't know if I'm alone, but I will not be just satisfied with a winning record. Our team each week raises the bar, and a teams accomplishments are whether they can raise that bar. If this record were when LeBeau or Shula coaching, then I would say i'd be satisfied but we had a productive offseason, a highly rated draft; why can't we can raise the bar for the Bengals. I'm not satisified with the Bengals not going to the playoffs. I am satisfied with the strides, but that's a completely different discussion.

I understand the Bengals are like children and we have to clap and cheer for each positive stride, but most of these strides are accomplished. After a baby's first step do you 3 months later keep cheering on that child for still walking? No, you expect more and we should too.

I for one will be disappointed with a playoff-less Janurary.

I agree. I've been hearing on talk radio some fans already to give up. it's not over. It wasn't over at 0-3 and it's not over now. Realistically or mathmatically, we are in it. Let's keep the faith my friends, we know Sharon and Jessica are..

To quote from one of my favorite movies "Its not over till I say its over!" Mr. John Belushi

WHODEY!

Never give up. I would rather be a loser than a quitter.

I for one will be disappointed with a playoff-less Janurary.

I, for one, won't. The Bengals have already won more games than any fan of this team had any right to expect, by all rights ought to have their first winning season in 13 years after next weekend, and are still alive in the playoff race in week 17.

To expect this Bengals to go from 2-14 to the playoffs was always a pipe dream. Since the league went to 16 games, I don't believe *any* team has ever gone from 1 or 2 wins to the playoffs next year (and as that graphic I tossed up here a couple days ago showed, only 4 coaches, including Marvin Lewis, have even managed to come in and win 8+ games the year after such a disaster). That there's still an outside chance of it happening is a wonderful Christmas bonus.

I'm sure the Bengals themselves aren't happy with the prospect of next week being the last week they'll play in the 2003-04 season...which is yet another good sign. But if it turns out that way, as a fan I can't be disappointed.

I'm with ya all and its been 1 hell of a ride so far......were not down and out yet and the fat lady hasn't even begun to warm up.....so heres to kicking ass and taking names next week agenst the Browns........

NEVER give up! NEVER quit! Lets beat the Clowns next week so we can be 2-0 against them this year. That in itself is a major accomplishment. Doesn't matter what their record is. That is still our biggest game of the year. Plus it keeps all the Clowns fans quite around here.

Party hard next Sunday. Those lucky ones who have tickets make the place wilder than ever this year. I would imagine there will be plenty of Clowns fans there. Just let them know whose house they are in!

WHODEY!

We have a great chance! Steelers won strongly against the bolts and that will give them some confidence to beat the ravens.

Who would have guessed that we would be cheering for the Steelers!? Go Steelers!

Brownies are nothing, they have no life or chance. I do not worry about this game it's just the steelers and ravens game.

GO BENGALS! GO STEELERS! WHO DEY BABY! THERE IS STILL LIFE, BELIEVE!

:lol:

thank god we finally have a LIFE line that is realistic and realizes we can still win the division. stand 100% behind OUR team and go for it. yes we need help from PITT. but what a better way to win the division then with: @ home beating CLEV and the announcement comes over the p.a. system: final score: PITT 3? BAlt 2?.... what a way to go. i believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

This is the first time since 1990 that the final game of the year actually means something! It would be very disappointing to not make the playoffs, but I'd gladly take a season like this over any we've had in the decade. There is still life in us, and now is not the time to give up. How many people thought Oakland would beat Baltimore last week? Probably about the same number who think Pittsburgh will beat Baltimore next week. Oakland won, so why not Pitt? This is the NFL and strange things do happen.

Anyway, my prediction for that game is Steelers: 31, Baltimore: 0. I'm sorry it has to be this way. :P

thank god we finally have a LIFE line that is realistic and realizes we can still win the division. stand 100% behind OUR team and go for it. yes we need help from PITT. but what a better way to win the division then with: @ home beating CLEV and the announcement comes over the p.a. system: final score: PITT 3? BAlt 2?.... what a way to go. i believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The announcement can't come over the PA as the Ravens-Steelers came is a Sunday night game... unless you are still partying in downtown Cincy and con someone into announcing the game at PBS :)

Whodey! Kick the Brownies.

YEAH, LET'S ALL ENJOY NEXT WEEK'S GAME, HECK 9-7 IS STILL AN INCREDIBLE FEAT AFTER GOING 2-14 LAST SEASON. Marvin Lewis will get the coach of the year honors, deservedly so, and he'll have proven he's the right coach in WHodeyland. I remember all those empty seats at the Oct. 19 Ravens-Bengals game, something like 15,000 empty seats and my wife wondered where everybody was at, well, we've got to ROCK THE JUNGLE next Sunday. WHO DEY !!!! I'm driving in from Cadiz, KY -- just outside of Paducah -- for the game and will be getting home at the time the Ravens-Browns game is wrapping up. WHO DEY !!!! I sent in my $$$$ for Bengals playoff tickets and I wanna come back and ROCK THE JUNGLE at least one more time in January... but first things first, if we don't beat the browns, there's no hope at all to make the playoffs. GO STEELERS... JEROME BETTIS, YOU STUD, I never liked the Steelers, going back to the days of Terry Bradshaw, but for this one day -- RISE STEEL CERTAIN!!! RISE !!!! RISE FROM THE DEAD AND HAND DEFEAT TO THE EVIL RAVENS... who dey who dey who dey think gonna beat dem bengals.... NOOOOOO BOOOODDDDDYYYY!!!!!!!! :blink:

please excuse my blunder, i meant to say ravens-steelers game... we're playing the browns and hopefully have the same results the ravens had..... 35-0.... that was a thumping... brownies will finish in last place in the afc north -- that's almost as good as the bengals making a playoff run.. who dey

The Bengals have already won more games than any fan of this team had any right to expect

Why do we have to be satisfied with that? Next season, if they go to the playoffs and lose in the first round are we going to be satisifed with that because they haven't done that in so many years? Of course not. We need to evolve our expectations with each game.

At the beginning of the season I expected 8-8 and thought that would have been great. But now I'm thinking playoffs, I'm just raising my level of expectations and not satisfied watching games in the post-season without Cincinnati being represented.

I understand everyone is content with the strides we've made, but let's one up ourselves and the hopes for the Bengals.

Maybe I'm alone in this one.

The Bengals have already won more games than any fan of this team had any right to expect

I understand everyone is content with the strides we've made, but let's one up ourselves and the hopes for the Bengals.

OH NO! I like your thinking. Never be content. Always want to win and always expect to win. It is called desire, pride, commitment. If you want examples of those traits come watch our local HS football team play, 16 and 17 and 18 year old kids that totally leave it all on the field. That is what football is all about! ALWAYS Want more!

I like your attitude kirkendall

THE DRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE AND NEVER SETTLING FOR THE HAND YOU WERE DEALT is exactly what Marvin Lewis is all about... Today's game, for example, 47 seconds left in the first half, past Bengals coaches would have run out the clock and went into the lockerroom down 17-7 with their tails between their legs, but he instructed his troops to march downfield and they got three points out of it. The same thing at the end of the Steelers game, if the Bengals didn't bounce back then and won that game, we'd all be crying in our beer and talking about NEXT YEAR.... right now, NEXT WEEK is the only thing on MY mind. WHO DEY !!! :o:rolleyes:

At the beginning of the season I expected 8-8 and thought that would have been great. But now I'm thinking playoffs, I'm just raising my level of expectations and not satisfied watching games in the post-season without Cincinnati being represented.

Hey I said I would be happy if they finish at 9-7 and no playoffs. But, never said I would be content. Hell I would love to see the Bengals make the playoffs as the AFC North champs. Yes my expectations are higher now than at the start of the season, but I predicted a 9-7/10-6 mark, so I'm not surprised at where they are at now...The thing is, I know they ain't gonna win the Super Bowl this year even if they make the playoffs and I also know they have a few holes that have to be patched up in order for them to make a deep run in the playoffs next year (and yes, that's what I expect) So, I won't lose any sleep if they don't make it, draft a few places higher than what they would if they made the playoffs and have another offseason with FA's and draftees like they did this year and make a serious run at the SB next year because I feel that they are just a few players away from that kind of team.

Now after saying this, they'll go and win it all this year just to prove me wrong ;)

We are far from finished. We beat the Browns, the Steelers beat the Ravens and we're in. Steelers can beat the Ravens. So keep the faith...we'll know late Sunday night.

Regardless of what happens this weekend, two things are certain:

1. We have had an incredible year!!

2. For the first time in a very l-o-n-g time, the following statement has not rang as true as it does now "Just wait 'till next year!"

That number 2 statement goes into effect when the season is officially over for us, whenever that is. IMO, the playoff tickets some people were lucky to obtain are still usable!

Marvin Lewis and his staff have the Bengals screaming in the right direction!

For the first time in a long time there woun't be any jokes attached to the Bengal gear I get for Christmas. It would be nice to make the playoffs but I'll still be happy if we don't. Look at all the fans of all the teams we beat. Everyone in KC who thought they were gonna kick our ass. Just hearing Priest Holmes cry like a baby was priceless. Who needs American Express? Maybe Sam Wyche can throw snowballs at the Browns during the game. Raise a glass and sing the song.....Cleveland sucks, Cleveland sucks,Cleveland sucks, Cleeveland sucks.