Very dissapointed in our fans

bengal fan

As for me and my family, we have not given up hope!

This has been a great year! At the beginning of the season my family relucantly joined me for a few minutes of the games. Now my family looks forward to every Sunday, watch the game in its entirity, read every column, every little nugget on ESPN, or other sports shows, and are die-hard Bengal fans thru and thru!!!

The only drawback.......................there's less room in my den :lol:

BengalBob - I believe Melissa was only out this season and will be back next year (God I hope so). Do you know of anything more affirmative?

Hey K,

I have only heard rumors. Two things I know for sure:

She got married.

She had a baby.

We'll have to wait and see if she HOPEFULLY returns to MNF. I certainly hope so!!!!

The only drawback.......................there's less room in my den

I imagine you have to explain each little thing about the game. That was fun when I did that with my ex, then she did the worse thing I've ever encountered in my life! She became a 9er fan because Steve Young looked cute!!! What the hell was that? I ended up going to the bar on Sundays to get away, we split not long after that (unrelated).. :lol:

She was hired by NBC..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I don't want to live!!!!

I DO NOT want to live!!!!!

Mama!!! Mama!!!!!!

(Quote from Young Frankenstein)

Well, good for her, bad for us. I watch very little of the Olympics anymore.

At least she's on TV somewhere! She would be the main reason I watch the Olympics!

For the first time in a long time there woun't be any jokes attached to the Bengal gear I get for Christmas. It would be nice to make the playoffs but I'll still be happy if we don't. Look at all the fans of all the teams we beat. Everyone in KC who thought they were gonna kick our ass. Just hearing Priest Holmes cry like a baby was priceless. Who needs American Express? Maybe Sam Wyche can throw snowballs at the Browns during the game. Raise a glass and sing the song.....Cleveland sucks, Cleveland sucks,Cleveland sucks, Cleeveland sucks.

Hey anybody got that clip of Wyche making his famous comment? I would love to have that. I have heard it on WLW many times but have yet to find a mp3 file of it. That would be about perfect for this weekend.

Well guys, 8-8 isn't that bad. We should be very thankful.

8-8 my ass. If they lose to the Browns I'll be one pissed off SOB. 9-7 all the way and go Steelers....oh that steel feels dirty.

Of course I want them to finish 9-7. Of course where I picked them to finish so I'll look psychotic...er I mean psychic....

:D

Hello all,

First of I will say I am not a fair weather fan I am 31 years old and have been a fan all my life. I am a season ticket holder and I have a tattoo of theri new logo on my right arm. Hell I am divorced now and part of the reason whi is I was married on a bye week in 1998 and came back from the honeymoon a day earky to go to the Bengals and Steelers game with my best friend and left her at home. She didnt understand that nothing in this world comes before my BENGALS during the season. I have skipped family holiday gatherings to go to games, BENGAL footbal is more important than breating.

Now thats out of the way. I feel all fans have a right to give up hope and be angry this team has not won a road game against a winning team in 40 contests or 13 years if your counting and the mark of a good team is to win the big game on the road against a winning team. They can not win the big game on the road (loss at baltimore and at st, louis) and both of those games were games to control their own destiny. As always they self destruct at gut check time. They couldnt block, couldnt run, couldnt pass , couldnt stop the run, couldnt stop the pass, couldnt get pressure on the quaterback and on special teams (that great punt return by Burris) couldnt get out of their own way.

Some people say wow this has been a great season we could be 9-7 and thats awesome. WAKE UP the only successful end to a season is a post-season. If your not in the playoffs you have FAILED and the bengals chances are, are gonna fail. They probably will beat the browns but the steelers beating the ravens come on get real not this year. All of those other steeler wins in baltimore the past 6 have been with good steeler teams and the steelers are not a good team this year. What good is 9-7 if you are not in the playoffs they will be sitting at home just in the same way as they were at 2-14.

This team lost to the cardnials for crying out loud a team that we should of pounded but we couldnt score in the second half and we were run over by a back-up running back Marcel Shipp and beaten by Jeff Blake of all people a man who is every teams cast-off. The worst part of it is the baltimore loss and the St. louis loss we were totally out played, out hit, and out coached.

The emotions of these fans that you all accuse of giving up allready are of anger and dissapointment. Look at it this way for 13 years this team was horrible and we all got used to them losing. Now we start to win a few games and they get us as fans to believe in them that they are for real then WHAM they throw a bucket of cold water on our faces as they lose the 2 biggest games of the year and bring us back to reality. The reality is they went from the worst team in the NFL to a mediocre team that probably will just miss the playoffs.

Well let me know what you think.

airportfire

Some people say wow this has been a great season we could be 9-7 and thats awesome. WAKE UP the only successful end to a season is a post-season. If your not in the playoffs you have FAILED and the bengals chances are, are gonna fail.

I totally disagree with that. After a 2-14 season, going 9-7 is a victory. Why? It restores pride to a team (and the fans) that has been lacking since 1991. We WILL attrack more quality free agents instead of FAs looking for one more year (like we have in the past).

Yes, we should've beat the Cardinals, or the Raiders, or the Bills. We didn't, it's the way it goes sometimes. If we win even one of those games we would still be in control of our post season destiny. Damn...get 'em next time!

And yes, post season is the main goal. The ultimate goal is reaching and winning the Super Bowl. Something we will do with Marvin Lewis in control. This is only the first year in the Marvin Lewis rebuilding plan.

And I am THRILLED with the first year results!

Some people say wow this has been a great season we could be 9-7 and thats awesome. WAKE UP the only successful end to a season is a post-season. If your not in the playoffs you have FAILED and the bengals chances are, are gonna fail.

Sorry, but you're wrong. What's the point of the playoffs if you don't win the Super Bowl? The Playofffs are nice cause they bring in more money for the players and the teams, but the true measure of success is the championship...Nothing else matters. John Madden said it best when he said that the only measure of success is a championship, no one will care who made the playoffs in another year, only who won it all(sorry don't have the exact quote with me at work) What's the point of making the playoffs and not winning the big one? That's failure...Damn, the Bengals haven't even been this close to the playoffs since 1990...And the best thing about this late season run is that next year when they are in the playoffs they'll be ready for the pressure. Marvin has done an excellent job in bringing in players with experience, but you can't replace a whole team and now this team has felt what it's like to play in a pressure packed game with the season on the line, and they've won and lost so that will only make them hungrier and better equipped to deal with a long march into January next year...One season doesn't make or break a team. This team needs to be in it for the long haul and we as fans have to recognize that we are in it for the long haul as well, that for success year in and year out it takes a solid foundation, not a big flash playing above themselves and then having a let down the following year.

One more week to go, now we have to throw the Steelers' monkey off of our back

We shall see, either way, with Marvin you guys aren't disappearing anytime soon

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!

Week after week, this Ravens fan shows some class...Now if only you could teach the rest of the Ravens fans some class...

Oh, your team still sucks, but hey you get that in the big jobs ;)

First of I will say I am not a fair weather fan I am 31 years old and have been a fan all my life. I am a season ticket holder and I have a tattoo of theri new logo on my right arm. Hell I am divorced now and part of the reason whi is I was married on a bye week in 1998 and came back from the honeymoon a day earky to go to the Bengals and Steelers game with my best friend and left her at home. She didnt understand that nothing in this world comes before my BENGALS during the season. I have skipped family holiday gatherings to go to games, BENGAL footbal is more important than breating.

Welcome to the board man.

Now thats out of the way. I feel all fans have a right to give up hope and be angry this team has not won a road game against a winning team in 40 contests or 13 years if your counting and the mark of a good team is to win the big game on the road against a winning team. They can not win the big game on the road (loss at baltimore and at st, louis) and both of those games were games to control their own destiny. As always they self destruct at gut check time. They couldnt block, couldnt run, couldnt pass , couldnt stop the run, couldnt stop the pass, couldnt get pressure on the quaterback and on special teams (that great punt return by Burris) couldnt get out of their own way.

I completely agree, the Bengals are still young and learning in terms of winning. There are growing pains that we have to live through and that's fine, it just makes for a tougher team in the future.

Some people say wow this has been a great season we could be 9-7 and thats awesome. WAKE UP the only successful end to a season is a post-season. If your not in the playoffs you have FAILED and the bengals chances are, are gonna fail. They probably will beat the browns but the steelers beating the ravens come on get real not this year. All of those other steeler wins in baltimore the past 6 have been with good steeler teams and the steelers are not a good team this year. What good is 9-7 if you are not in the playoffs they will be sitting at home just in the same way as they were at 2-14.

I agree and have been preaching this, but if I were to look back after this season I can fully appreciate everything that the Bengals have done this season (Not just Marvin, everyone). We have gaps that will be filled within time, it's rare a team can go 2-14 and playoff the following year. But I won't be happy until we make the playoffs and after going 7-5, those were my expectations at that point and honestly still are. Now, I honestly don't agree that if you make the playoffs it's pointless unless you win the big one. The Titans haven't won yet they demand more respect within the league than the Bengals because of their recent success during those years giving them a slight advantage towards better free agents.

This team lost to the cardnials for crying out loud a team that we should of pounded but we couldnt score in the second half and we were run over by a back-up running back Marcel Shipp and beaten by Jeff Blake of all people a man who is every teams cast-off. The worst part of it is the baltimore loss and the St. louis loss we were totally out played, out hit, and out coached.

Not only are the players learning how to win in all circumstances, but I believe the coaches are also. For all that Marvin has done this season, it his is first year and he's learning to currect his mistakes before making them.

The emotions of these fans that you all accuse of giving up allready are of anger and dissapointment. Look at it this way for 13 years this team was horrible and we all got used to them losing. Now we start to win a few games and they get us as fans to believe in them that they are for real then WHAM they throw a bucket of cold water on our faces as they lose the 2 biggest games of the year and bring us back to reality. The reality is they went from the worst team in the NFL to a mediocre team that probably will just miss the playoffs.

I understand this point, but at the same time I think some die-hard fans find it disappointing in other fans that they jump so quickly. If you were doing a project for college, how pissed off would we all be if that person jumped ship. Just that much more work for you to do.