Tired Of Tory JAmes?

cj85

Are you guys just tired of Tory James, i mean i know the guy made the pro bowl but he really is not all that good, i would rather see Ratliff and a Healthy O'neal all year instead of an old cornerback who got lucky with the INT

Wouldn't you rather see Ratliff or even Bauman who is my uncle :player:

i agree that tory got a little lucky last year. he is a solid B- corner who has been pretty good in his nfl career. i think kiewan has more upside and playmaking ability, but until he shows he can be a starter (which he will at some point), we should stick with tory....but no, i ain't a big james fan...

James did an amazing job last year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is full of sh#t. Will he do that kind of work next year, I think not. But somebody got to beat him out. Bauman ain't it but Keiwan is poised.

Safety is gonna come from a place few understand. K2 will be in the mix, but I hope Roberts shows what he can be.

James did an amazing job last year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is full of sh#t. Will he do that kind of work next year, I think not. But somebody got to beat him out. Bauman ain't it but Keiwan is poised.

Safety is gonna come from a place few understand. K2 will be in the mix, but I hope Roberts shows what he can be.

amazing? no...more than efficient? yes

Ratliff impressed the hell out of me and he's not even my uncle.

Tory James was as good as advertised last season. You can nitpick a play or two or claim that his interception numbers were inflated by some of the lousy QB's the Bengals faced, but he made several others that were outstanding. So no complaints from this chair.

Unrelated note: Schweiny, you sound pissed tonight. (I like it.)

Great googily moogily, but maybe the days of Rod Jones (CB version), Artrell Hawkins and Jimmy Spencer are too fresh in my mind but NO NO NO NO NO NO I am not tired of Tory James. At what point did a nose for the ball and actual interceptions become cause for disdain from our backfield? He has a year or two under his contract, and I like the guys pushing him, but I don't see him leaving anytime soon...

UM let me see here... ratliff...a guy who had a chance to have about 7 ints.. but dropped all of em :blink:

of tory james a guy who had a chance ot have 8 ints and had 8 ints......let me think for a sec. :wacko:

decision made. Tory James. :player:

Not to mention the guys making 1.5 milll next season I believe after making the probowl!

Jesus u know how many other corners would have treated that kinda money....s**t they'd be hiring Rosenhuas and bitching at him to get him a new contract.

u guys r insane....seriously.

[don't be a d**k...i never bashed him other than when i said that

Thats a bit harsh....seemed like a pretty harmless comment to me. You're new enough to the site that you're pretty lucky you didn't have to put up with Barbarian coming down on you. He could be rough.

Maybe you just need to sit and stare at my avatar for a while....put yourself into a better mood. B)

Oh and my answer to the title of this thread is a resounding NO!!!!!!! James has been the 1st player in a decade(?) to make the Pro Bowl from the Bengals' secondary. There is a reason the NFL recognized him for hs acheivements this year. The best players start, I like James but when he can't prove himself against Ratliff and Co. then its time to step down. Until then, he's the guy I want out there.

don't be a d**k...i never bashed him other than when i said that

D**K!?! :angry: Why I've never been so insulted in my entire... :blink: uh, hold a minute....huh, :lol: yeah I guess I have been so insulted in my life, and then some!!

Sorry there BengalBoy40. I'm not aiming to rile you up! Just having a bit of fun.

It's true, I can't recall you bashing him before, and surely anyone here can understand you wanting Bauman who's your Uncle to be a starting player for the Bengals, (you'd be scoring killer seats, autographs, jerseys, etc, etc...all the time!) but to start a thread that says it as demonstrably as this is a pretty solid bash in it's own. Not saying that you don't have the right to bash a player now and then. Everyone here's been guilty of that at one time or the other I'm sure!

Please continue...

You dont have INTs on accident. He might of been lucky a few times, but he had a Pro Bowl year. Ratliff is a PERFECT nickel guy, because hhe's smallish, fast and really good against the pass. I just happen to think that Tory is better against the run.

On Rashad Bauman, I think that he shuld play more. He's small, but he's really good against the run. I think that he cold be a good nickel or dime guy.

Or, here's another idea. ML said that he might move one of his Corners to Safety. :huh:

So....

Maybe, just maybe

CB Deltha

CB Keiwan

FS Tory

SS Madieu

?

I guess we wont know for awhile.

You dont have INTs on accident. He might of been lucky a few times, but he had a Pro Bowl year. Ratliff is a PERFECT nickel guy, because hhe's smallish, fast and really good against the pass. I just happen to think that Tory is better against the run.

On Rashad Bauman, I think that he shuld play more. He's small, but he's really good against the run. I think that he cold be a good nickel or dime guy.

Or, here's another idea. ML said that he might move one of his Corners to Safety. :huh:

So....

Maybe, just maybe

CB Deltha

CB Keiwan

FS Tory

SS Madieu

?

I guess we wont know for awhile.

Who is this guy? Every one of his posts so far have sounded like he should be writing for ESPN. Keep up the good work, NJ.

To answer the question to this thread, I say a resounding no. We haven't had a pair of corners this good since the ol' Billups and Thomas days. I know it's not the best in the league, but it's good enough for now.

Here's a thought, lets let the young guys challenge Tory James and Deltha O'Neal. If Ratliff plays better than one of these guys, let him start. If he doesn't, let him be the nickle back. God forbid the challenge improved O'Neal and James' play.

You don't call for sitting a pro-bowl player just because there's another guy on the bench who's pretty good.

You might have been pissed off too if you saw what I saw on the NFL network before loggin on:

A spot about the football innovations introduced by the Old Man hisself.

They even had the footage of Greg Cook getting his shoulder jacked and Virgil Carter executing the infancy of Bill Walsh's West Coast offense.

Why should this evoke ire?

Two words: Bill Walsh. He is the Bengals version of the Curse of the Bambino. And I'd like to see that damned curse end soon.

WIN NOW

But it weren't all bad. They even showed the play where the draw play was "invented". Otto Graham spaced the playcall and forgot to hand off to Marion Barber then came back and tucked it in. Old Otto was saying it was accident and wasn't really invented but what was no accident was what the Old Man saw on the sidelines when it happened. Overall, it was a decent tribute....but I'd wish they would have left out Bill Walsh.

As for the Bengals CB situation, I like it this year like I liked it last year. If the Bengals run D ever improves, the coverage would be tested more but it is fine right now as it, which includes Bauman as an excellent nickel back in the slot who showed last pre-season that he is the quickest of all the DBs to blitz. I hope his injury and the personal tragedy are behind him now so he can bring all he's got to the field.

I don't think we'll see a lot of guys moved around like we had to last year because of all of the injuries. Madeiu has locked up the FS spot. Herring will start, and probably finish at SS. James and Oneal will start but one of them may be ousted by Ratliff, but even that might not happen until next year.

We have just 2 new starters on Defense, Robinson thru FA at DT and Pollack at LB via draft. If you read between the lines, one of ML core values is getting as much of the same team out there year after year. You can tell that by how few veteran FA's he has brought in the last few years. Usually when he does bring in a FA it's to help with depth and not a starters role. This is hard to see over the past 2 years because he has had to make such an overhaul of lousy me-centered players.

We won't see any new starters on offense.

ML is committed to building a team thru the draft. Look at our signings this year...expect more of the same.

You might have been pissed off too if you saw what I saw on the NFL network before loggin on:

Wow, that's what got you ticked off?

I wasn't able to see the last 15 or 20 minutes of that show but I thought it was pretty positive from a Bangal fans perspective. Mucho praise and heaps o' glory were laid at the feet of Paul Brown (foM?) even going so far as calling him the greatest innovator in the history of the game. Others may be noted for single acts of genius, but Paul Brown is remembered for bringing a huge number of changes to the NFL.

I agree it wasn't a pleasant reminder watching the play where Greg Cook's career is shattered, and as always my first thoughts were along the lines of "what if"? But it's hard to tell the story of how the West Coast Offense was born without laying the proper groundwork. In the end they named Cincinnati as the birthplace of the most successful offensive scheme ever developed, a fact many of us probably already knew, but may not be common knowledge elsewhere.

All things considered, it WAS interesting hearing about how many innovations were born out of a teams dire circumstances or from lessons learned from broken plays or mistakes. Everything from a signature play like the draw play to an entire offensive scheme.

Well, that's another thing that irks me, Hair, the praise for the Old Man and not only the innovation he brought to the game but the VERY TEAM he started in Cincinnati.

Why? Because watching the Bengals turn to crap and a national laughinstock after Paul Brown left the scene with a thriving and unique tradition in place was awful and look at the price that has been paid to turn it around.

I do not favor nepotism might be the nicest way to sum up the fallout, but I do give Mikey as much credit for keeping the Bengals in Cincy as his father for starting the team there, even if there's a mixed bag of corporate welfare and shady legal maneuvering in both operations and the control of ownership. If not for them both, Cincinnati most likely would have never got a NFL team nor kept it.

It's been a long time coming, but........

WIN NOW

don't be a d**k...i never bashed him other than when i said that

D**K!?! :angry: Why I've never been so insulted in my entire... :blink: uh, hold a minute....huh, :lol: yeah I guess I have been so insulted in my life, and then some!!

Sorry there BengalBoy40. I'm not aiming to rile you up! Just having a bit of fun.

It's true, I can't recall you bashing him before, and surely anyone here can understand you wanting Bauman who's your Uncle to be a starting player for the Bengals, (you'd be scoring killer seats, autographs, jerseys, etc, etc...all the time!) but to start a thread that says it as demonstrably as this is a pretty solid bash in it's own. Not saying that you don't have the right to bash a player now and then. Everyone here's been guilty of that at one time or the other I'm sure!

Please continue...

:blink: cj85 started this thread and bauman is his uncle...

i'll say one more thing about tory before the reduncancy goes full swing-

he did a real good job last season...didn't realize he only made 1.5mil, which rocks...thought he made more for some reason. he did a good job containing teams' #1 wr...i'm a little biased b/c i love ratliff's playmaking ability, but like i said, as long as james is doing what he's doing, he's the man...

:blink: cj85 started this thread and bauman is his uncle...

Oops. Got you confused with cj85. Sorry 'bout that too. Too many browsers open and not payin' attention! :wacko:

It's been a long time coming, but........

WIN NOW

Abso-f**kin-lutely! :player: