Prisco gives us an A

Qc_Bengals

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're complaining because of the most simple thing... we are being graded on how well we did on day one...DUHHHHHHH

No Chris, you just complain because the Bengals didn't agree with your scouting report. You also harpooned the Bengals for all of thier picks last year because they didn't agree with your picks. I remember you bitching and moaning about every player the Bengals picked last year....Never mind that most of them came on strong by the end of the year. Besides, did you even read the whole comment posted? Prisco was talking about the player drafted in the 6th rd.

Too many people around here think they know more about football and football players than the people that actually do know the game and the players. The same thing happened last year, probably will happen next year. I mean really, some of the people on this board were begging the Bengals to draft players in the second round that ended up not even getting drafted. Sounds like 32 teams knew something you didn't.

Wow you went from getting embarrased in the political debates to getting blasted here as well..

Stick to what you know, Lord of the Rings extras !!

First and Foremost go back to last years draft, and you'll see the same guys you think I blasted were all taken in the proper areas. Or were even at one time or another drafted as Bengals on one of my numerous mock drafts. - There's that thing called research again !

Chris Perry wasn't the best pick for us, I can weigh his value to what Steven Jackson and Kevin Jones did, but prior to that even happening, I told you guys back then, why pass on the Best ( highest graded running back in the draft ) to take the 3rd rated player at the position. Kevin Jones had over a thousand yards last year, and he was a better compliment to Rudi than Perry was.

Madieu and Ratliff, both were bengals on my mock drafts at different times. Just like I told you guys here that Chris Henry was seriously being targeted to come here, back in February, I told you guys the same about Madieu Williams last year. It's in black and white, go look it up, see there's that thing called research again.

Landon Johnson and Caleb Miller.. hmmmm nope I didn't have them as high picks for us, because I knew better linebackers were available. Landon Johnson did fine, and that's great, Caleb Miller lived up to expectations - too small and light in the ass to stay healthy. Two players I had rated higher than them both started last year, and both went in the 3rd and 4th rounds, Keyaron Fox, and Demorrio Williams.

- I also said we should take Darnell Dockett, he was a NFL rookie of the year.

- I also said Tommy Kelly, or Antwan Odom , or Chris Gamble, they all did just fine, but we struggled against the run, now didn't we..? We also lacked a pass rush, which Marvin said was a " priority" for this draft.

- See while you're so quick to find something wrong about something I said, you never take the time to see if I was right. I can't help people like you, you're too self-righteous. I don't have to be right about everything, All I say is, prove me wrong.

And I'll say it again, like I said last year, I hope I'm proven wrong, but GAME FILM DOESN'T LIE !, If there's someone better than you at the same position, well then OH well, that's life. Just like there are better draft scouts and draft analysts' better than I am, but I'm still weighing these players production versus where they were drafted.

I refuse to be a Bengal fan that says' " In Marvin we trust " . People are people, they can make mistakes, but till i'm proven wrong, I'm not going to say I'm wrong, just to suit your ego because I dare to question what my favorite team does on draft day.

Here's a clue, next time the draft rolls around, actually join us in the chat rooms as these picks are announced and we'll see who's right. Next time you want to debate about something you think you know about, stick to movies made on the rock you live on.

Jim Anderson did, in fact, have Chris Perry as the number 1 rated running back. You obviously know a lot about pro prospects, but I am absolutely certain about one thing. You don't know more than Jim Anderson when it comes to running backs. Perry was a better fit for the Bengals, they traded down and got their man. It's easy to second guess a pick when the guy is on the shelf the entire year. He may not be right again this year. Blame the inept medical staff for bungling yet another diagnosis.

You can watch the combine and break down game film until the cows come home, but you don't talk to these players. You don't know what they are about.

Jim Anderson did, in fact, have Chris Perry as the number 1 rated running back. You obviously know a lot about pro prospects, but I am absolutely certain about one thing. You don't know more than Jim Anderson when it comes to running backs. Perry was a better fit for the Bengals, they traded down and got their man. It's easy to second guess a pick when the guy is on the shelf the entire year. He may not be right again this year. Blame the inept medical staff for bungling yet another diagnosis.

You can watch the combine and break down game film until the cows come home, but you don't talk to these players. You don't know what they are about.

I caught a clip of Perry running through the line in practice on the Marvin Lewis IN HIS OWN WORDS segment the other night and man did, he look quick. Hit the whole and did some scatting and weaving and just danced through people, ALL WHILE EXPLODING FORWARD. Reminded me of the Edge of Tomlinson - and of what you don't really see from Rudy. If he gets healthy and can catch... look out.

Not that this has anything to do with Prisco's draft rating for Bengals this year......

But until Perry proves he's better than Kenny Watson, there won't be much to look at whether he's runs medically afoul of the field again or not. Perry might have been the #1 rated RB by Jim Anderson but Watson was claimed on waivers by ML.

I give Jim Anderson all the credit in the world, for all sense and cognitive thought, he's been producing top tier running backs long before the " Denver - System " came to fame.

* That still doesn't change the fact that I disagreed with the pick long before Perry got hurt.

He was the third rated running back in the '04 draft, and though as quoted by myself many a times before " I did think that Perry was a good back " , but it's seems i'm going to have to keep saying this to the " Johnny come latelys"

If the Bengals just lost Corey Dillon, and say that they would like to find a compliment """ to Rudi Johnson, then take a runningback in the first round.. .

FINE _____ , but when you draft another power back ....?? with the same running style as Rudi, after trading down to get him, when the top rated running back is still on the board, and you only take a 4th rounder for him..? no future pick..? no conditional pick, etc. etc.

- That's why so many of us here ----><------ thought the Perry pick was used to force Rudi to sign his tender. The Mike Brown suspicions came to full light all over again.

Did I have a problem with Cincinnati taking a runningback in the first round last year... Absolutely not, did I have a problem with Chris Perry as a runningback in the NFL... ( other than the fact he was a runningback from Michigan - not the most heralded pedigree if you know what I mean a.k.a. Penn State runningbacks ), absolutely not, If you go back to last year's mock draft, you'll see that I had Chris Perry going to the Rams at the # 26 pick...

Now I know I'm good, but I don't have too toot my own horn, to prove it...

NOW, knowing all of this first hand now, you' can begin to OVERSTAND why I said,

ah hem..

The true value of the Chris Perry pick won't be weighed against how well he turns out, but rather how well the pick that we used to select Stacey Andrews turns out to be. I have no doubt that Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson would be fine NFL runningbacks, but if the Bengals were able to land a future starter in the unpolished Andrews, then that would make the selection of Chris Perry better than the other runningbacks in question.

* But, NO one, not even Jim Anderson will be able to convince me that, Perry had the better overall skills than Jackson and Jones. Jones is really fast, and Jackson had comparable recieving skills to Perry coming out of college also combining impressive change of direction for a big runningback.

So if you don't like my opinion, I really don't care, because I didn't ask you. :player:

What i find funny is that it looks like bengal fans would rather us draft bad players that they have heard of, rather then good players that they havent heard of.

Had we drafted Anttaj Hawthorne in the 2nd round, simple minded bengal fans would of bee jumping for joy, when in reality, it would have been one of the biggest reaches in draft history.

Jim Anderson did, in fact, have Chris Perry as the number 1 rated running back.  You obviously know a lot about pro prospects, but I am absolutely certain about one thing.  You don't know more than Jim Anderson when it comes to running backs.  Perry was a better fit for the Bengals, they traded down and got their man.  It's easy to second guess a pick when the guy is on the shelf the entire year.  He may not be right again this year.  Blame the inept medical staff for bungling yet another diagnosis.

You can watch the combine and break down game film until the cows come home, but you don't talk to these players.  You don't know what they are about.

I give Jim Anderson all the credit in the world, for all sense and cognitive thought, he's been producing top tier running backs long before the " Denver - System " came to fame.

* That still doesn't change the fact that I disagreed with the pick long before Perry got hurt.

He was the third rated running back in the '04 draft, and though as quoted by myself many a times before " I did think that Perry was a good back " , but it's seems i'm going to have to keep saying this to the " Johnny come latelys"

If the Bengals just lost Corey Dillon, and say that they would like to find a compliment """ to Rudi Johnson, then take a runningback in the first round.. .

FINE _____ , but when you draft another power back ....?? with the same running style as Rudi, after trading down to get him, when the top rated running back is still on the board, and you only take a 4th rounder for him..? no future pick..? no conditional pick, etc. etc.

- That's why so many of us here ----><------ thought the Perry pick was used to force Rudi to sign his tender. The Mike Brown suspicions came to full light all over again.

Did I have a problem with Cincinnati taking a runningback in the first round last year... Absolutely not, did I have a problem with Chris Perry as a runningback in the NFL... ( other than the fact he was a runningback from Michigan - not the most heralded pedigree if you know what I mean a.k.a. Penn State runningbacks ), absolutely not, If you go back to last year's mock draft, you'll see that I had Chris Perry going to the Rams at the # 26 pick...

Now I know I'm good, but I don't have too toot my own horn, to prove it...

NOW, knowing all of this first hand now, you' can begin to OVERSTAND why I said,

ah hem..

The true value of the Chris Perry pick won't be weighed against how well he turns out, but rather how well the pick that we used to select Stacey Andrews turns out to be. I have no doubt that Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson would be fine NFL runningbacks, but if the Bengals were able to land a future starter in the unpolished Andrews, then that would make the selection of Chris Perry better than the other runningbacks in question.

* But, NO one, not even Jim Anderson will be able to convince me that, Perry had the better overall skills than Jackson and Jones. Jones is really fast, and Jackson had comparable recieving skills to Perry coming out of college also combining impressive change of direction for a big runningback.

So if you don't like my opinion, I really don't care, because I didn't ask you. :player:

The fact that you watch the combine (more than once and I can not begin to fathom just how sad that is) does not make you the great omniscient one. I doubt that ML gives a rats ars how some dude with way too high of an opinion of himself and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time on his hands ranks available running backs. No, I think he is going to listen to one of the most heralded position coaches in the NFL. Anderson rated Perry #1 and this 'johnny come lately' could give the same rats ars what your opinion is. What exactly are you looking for on this board? Do you want to be elected Mayor of the bulletin board or something? Do you want a cookie? Would you like me to tell you how great you are? Not going to happen.

What i find funny is that it looks like bengal fans would rather us draft bad players that they have heard of, rather then good players that they havent heard of.

That's not half as funny as you still whining about Dillon a year later...

The only person bringing up dillon here is you... well and this guy \/

Looks like someone has been reading fansites again. :lol:

Perry was no worse then the 2nd rated RB in this draft. NFL teams appeared to have him 2nd, i had him 2nd (after Kevin Jones, i had the highly overrated steven jackson 5th). Not to mention, Jim Anderson had Perry 1st, and Anderson is very good when it comes to RBs.

All of your arguements will look so foolish when Perry takes over the starting job from Rudi Johnson midseason.

The only person bringing up dillon here is you.

Have you seen your own avatar? Have you read your own signatures?

C'mon, tear down the Corey Dillon posters from your bedroom wall, little man. Or do you keep them because you couldn't find a picture of Chris Perry in action as a Bengal?

What does my avatar or signature have to do with anything? I was talking about the posts in this thread.

And yea you are right, its kinda tough to find action photos of Perry as a bengal. Not impossible though, he did get on the feild his rookie year, unlike Rudi Johnson.

What does my avatar or signature have to do with anything? I was talking about the posts in this thread.

And I wasn't.

Face it Pushy, you've decided to take the steps needed to shove Corey Dillon into peoples faces at every turn. To imply now that you haven't mentioned him in this thread is completely false since most of your actions ensure that we all get a constant reminder of cancer Corey.

As for Perry, you spent an entire offseason giving your opinions and predictions about how things were going to play out and the only thing you managed to get right is the spelling of Perry's name. Props. Small wonder you haven't chosen to pimp him with catchy signatures and avatars.

Stick with Dillon. (You're a One-trick pony.)

What does my avatar or signature have to do with anything?

Why don't you change them, then? Why does an alleged Bengals fan have anti-Bengals Dillon quotes as a sig and a pic of him in a NE uniform as an avatar more than a year after he left?

What does my avatar or signature have to do with anything?

Not a damn thing really. Well except for the fact that my avatar is WAY HOTTER than yours! I mean c'mon! Who'd you rather sleep wi...:blink: uh, don't answer that! Forget I even started to ask it. :rolleyes: **shiver-shiver!!**

He's trying to talk draft, and I think we should let him.

He is? :huh: Oh, my bad. I thought he was just tossing out a random insult about the intelligence of Bengals fans in a post that appeared to address nothing being discussed in this thread. <_<

But oh, pardon me. Please. Carry on.

He's trying to talk draft, and I think we should let him.

He is? :huh: Oh, my bad. I thought he was just tossing out a random insult about the intelligence of Bengals fans in a post that appeared to address nothing being discussed in this thread. <_<

But oh, pardon me. Please. Carry on.

He was giving his opinion on reaches in the draft. Seemed pretty on topic to me...

An insult, perhaps, but I don't think it would have gotten the same reaction coming from another member.

And again...Dillon had nothing to do with it.

Anywho...insult or no, I happened to agree with his main idea. I found it pretty amusing as well...a chorus of people complaining about the Bengals not taking Shazor, etc...players that ended up not being drafted at all.

Anywho...insult or no, I happened to agree with his main idea. I found it pretty amusing as well...a chorus of people complaining about the Bengals not taking Shazor, etc...players that ended up not being drafted at all.

Did it ever occur to you (or DPM) that maybe that chorus of people are right?

I hate to have to point this out again, but just because a player is a high draft pick doesn't mean they will be successful. Or that they won't be if they're taken late on day 2 (ask Tom Brady). I would think Bengals fans would be painfully aware of this truth.

Take the position being discussed, RB. Eric Ball turned out pretty well, huh? How about Ki-Jana? Rudi Johnson and Curtis Keaton were both 4th round picks. If we're going to hold Jim Anderson up as an RB-drafting-guru for Rudi, what about Keaton?

If NFL coaches and GMs are so much smarter than Mel Kiper or chrish or Great Blue North or whoever, how come David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner, Santana Moss, Freddie Mitchell, Reggie Wayne and Quincy friggin' Carter all were drafted before Chad Johnson?

Shazor didn't get drafted? How many times did teams pass on Brady? Every team passed on Dillon and Chad at least once. TJ just got a big contract, how many times did everyone pass on him?

Every year, there are guys who are drafted who are out of football by September, and there are guys who went undrafted who end up playing starting roles. What does that say about the evaluation capabilities of NFL teams vs. your average draftnik? Every year there will be a bunch of highly-touted prospects who will go on day 1, get big contracts, and proceed to suck. How come they get drafted? According to theories being propounded here, NFL teams have vastly superior knowledge. Shouldn't they be able to weed out these fakers who are fooling the internet mock drafters?

Bottom line: I have no doubt someone like chrish could do as good a job as Mike & Marvin. And I have history to back me up.

Take the position being discussed, RB. Eric Ball turned out pretty well, huh? How about Ki-Jana? Rudi Johnson and Curtis Keaton were both 4th round picks. If we're going to hold Jim Anderson up as an RB-drafting-guru for Rudi, what about Keaton?

You can't talk about Ki-Jana because the guy MIGHT have been great if he hadn't blown his knee out. He never recovered from it.

Curtis Keaton, from what I saw, had potential, but was let go because we had other guys. I still think he could have been as good as Rudi or Corey.

kinda tough to find action photos of Perry as a bengal. Not impossible though, he did get on the feild his rookie year, unlike Rudi Johnson.

Ah yes, although in most cases I'd label someone as a blithering idiot if they were were to imply that 2 carries and 3 receptions constituted much "action".

Especially if one were to look at his stellar 0.5 yards per carry average on those two carries, yep, you'd have to be a stunningly unintelligent individual to find it within you to describe that as "action".

On the other hand - cashing those 1st round money signing bonus and game paychecks that were not earned - now there's some action for you.

I have to side with DPM on this one. He didn't mention Dillon in this thread. He's trying to talk draft, and I think we should let him.

Yes, you're right. We should encourage everyone who just spent months trashing their own credibility to engage in wild speculation about the draft....if for no other reason than to promote a different type of droning.

"He's trying to talk draft...." :lol:

Keaton COULD not have been as good as Corey or Rudi... He went to the Texans/ NO and maybe another and could not even break into the starting lineup.

Ki-Jana had all the tools and SHOULD have been outstanding. Too bad, certainly not the fault of the bengals's drafting him.

Billy...if ever given the chance, do not sleep with Pam Anderson...that Hep C is some straight funk...3 condoms maybe. Saw her at LAX once in 2000. Does not look so good in real life either. Probably 5000+ women in LA/OC who smoke her in hottness, most of which are disease free!

DPM...I won't even grace your "Perry starting for Rudi" comment with an actual reply other than...whatever...

Anywho...insult or no, I happened to agree with his main idea.  I found it pretty amusing as well...a chorus of people complaining about the Bengals not taking Shazor, etc...players that ended up not being drafted at all.

Did it ever occur to you (or DPM) that maybe that chorus of people are right?

I hate to have to point this out again, but just because a player is a high draft pick doesn't mean they will be successful. Or that they won't be if they're taken late on day 2 (ask Tom Brady). I would think Bengals fans would be painfully aware of this truth.

If NFL coaches and GMs are so much smarter than Mel Kiper or chrish or Great Blue North or whoever, how come David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner, Santana Moss, Freddie Mitchell, Reggie Wayne and Quincy friggin' Carter all were drafted before Chad Johnson?

Shazor didn't get drafted? How many times did teams pass on Brady? Every team passed on Dillon and Chad at least once. TJ just got a big contract, how many times did everyone pass on him?

Every year, there are guys who are drafted who are out of football by September, and there are guys who went undrafted who end up playing starting roles. What does that say about the evaluation capabilities of NFL teams vs. your average draftnik? Every year there will be a bunch of highly-touted prospects who will go on day 1, get big contracts, and proceed to suck. How come they get drafted? According to theories being propounded here, NFL teams have vastly superior knowledge. Shouldn't they be able to weed out these fakers who are fooling the internet mock drafters?

Bottom line: I have no doubt someone like chrish could do as good a job as Mike & Marvin. And I have history to back me up.

Yes, they could be right. I've never denied that plenty of overlooked players end up becoming great finds. Shazor may go to the pro bowl...who knows? The point I was getting at, however, is that the odds are against it.

As for Chris being able to do as well as Marvin...I think you've really gone off the deep end here. I have plenty of respect for Chris and his knowledge of the draft, etc. He's by far the most draft-knowledgable person I know, and I think he does just as well as all the other draft sites out there.

But if he does as well as Marvin, then Lewis should be fired. Football is Marvin's job. It's what the man is paid to do. He has more time, energy, and resources to invest in the draft than Chris. He has scouts to help him, countless hours of tape to watch. He is allowed to interview the players personally. He can talk to their coaches, their peers, their families. If he has all of that going for him, and he still can't do any better than all these fans out here, then he should no longer be our coach. I'll be the first onecalling for his head.

Yes, the fans may be right sometimes where the coaches and GMs are wrong. But I'd call it the exception, not the rule.

You can't talk about Ki-Jana because the guy MIGHT have been great if he hadn't blown his knee out. He never recovered from it.

A lot of guys might have been great except for injury. But the bottom line on Bengals RBs and Jim Anderson is this:

Anderson has been here since 1984. From 1985 to 2004, 8 different RBs have led the team in rushing. Half of them were drafted on Anderson's watch: Harold Green, Ickey Woods, Dillon and Rudi. Of those, they only bonafide star is Dillon, tho Rudi may get there. The other 4 were either drafted before he came on (Kinnebrew) or free agents (James brooks, Derrick Fenner, Garrison Hearst).

So...is it justifiable to believe in Perry because Anderson has done such a great job drafting? I don't think so. That said, I think Perry will be fine. But that's just my opinion.