All Hail Marvin

bengalboy40

not sure if there is a similar thread yet since i haven't read em all, but through these first three rounds, i am absolutely ecstatic! all three are first-round talents. i am too excited to see how these guys (especially henry) turn out. haven't gotten to watch the draft much at all...missin all the comments and stuff, but man, i am PSYCHED. :player: WHO-DEY!!!!!

not sure if there is a similar thread yet since i haven't read em all, but through these first three rounds, i am absolutely ecstatic! all three are first-round talents. i am too excited to see how these guys (especially henry) turn out. haven't gotten to watch the draft much at all...missin all the comments and stuff, but man, i am PSYCHED. :player: WHO-DEY!!!!!

I watched all of the draft. I have a bad head ache, yeah it hurts. It feels good not having 1st pick. Good draft!

1) Pollack - suprised they didn't trade down a couple of spots since at least 3 players they liked were still available at their pick, and one would have fallen to them, but hey, I love this guy. Still, the amount of time they spent before making this pick virtually ensures they entertained at least one offer. Maybe it'll come out later :-) but I doubt it, as it would lead to second guessing.

2) Thurman - another great pick at another position of need.

3) Henry - hated this pick till I spent the time reading about him. Kinda reminds me of Chad, just a bit - fabulous talent, size, hands, speed, athleticism with some attitude problems. Then I noticed he is a punt returner too. Say goodbye to Peter Warrick, folks - I will always remember him fondly for the 2004 KC game, but business is business.

They have to have to have to address Center with the next pick. Really.

Pretty good day 1. Pollack was under-rated on a lot of draft boards and he should fit perfectly into Hardy's slot. I'm amazed Thurman was still there halfway through the second; I agree with those who think he could end up being one of this draft's "steals." Henry in the 3rd? Well, we knew a WR was coming on day 1 this year -- and before they picked at 17 I was convinced Mark Clayton was going to be a Bengal.

Biggest disappointment yesterday was watching Spencer and Bass come off the board before we could grab one. Gotta find a C someplace today!

not sure if there is a similar thread yet since i haven't read em all, but through these first three rounds, i am absolutely ecstatic! all three are first-round talents. i am too excited to see how these guys (especially henry) turn out. haven't gotten to watch the draft much at all...missin all the comments and stuff, but man, i am PSYCHED.  :player: WHO-DEY!!!!!

I watched all of the draft. I have a bad head ache, yeah it hurts. It feels good not having 1st pick. Good draft!

I had a headache also, but from probably a different reason than you have. :wacko:

But overall, I'm very excited about our draft, even more so today.

Today is the day we get some late round gems.

1) Pollack - suprised they didn't trade down a couple of spots since at least 3 players they liked were still available at their pick, and one would have fallen to them, but hey, I love this guy. Still, the amount of time they spent before making this pick virtually ensures they entertained at least one offer. Maybe it'll come out later :-) but I doubt it, as it would lead to second guessing.

3) Henry - hated this pick till I spent the time reading about him. Kinda reminds me of Chad, just a bit - fabulous talent, size, hands, speed, athleticism with some attitude problems. Then I noticed he is a punt returner too. Say goodbye to Peter Warrick, folks - I will always remember him fondly for the 2004 KC game, but business is business.

They have to have to have to address Center with the next pick. Really.

I dunno why people keep saying PDub will be released.

We have about four or five other recievers that would and should get the axe before him. (Like Cliff Russell)

He has another year left people, I don't understand the logic.

I'm telling you, PDub will come ready to play this season.

And if Coach Lewis let TJ stay on the roster his first year hurt, why can't PDub be afforded the same treatment?

Really really couldn't be happier.

Each of the three guys they took has the potential to be a Pro-Bowler in the NFL. That's nothing to sneeze at when you are evaluating the first day of a draft.

If Henry really is set on growing up, then this team's offense just got scary. His height and speed would make him a real monster in the red zone and give CJ and TJ more room to work. I am particularly pleased with the due diligence the Bengals have put in on him.

Pollack and Thurman may very well be monsters at LB, and I cannot express how happy I am to see more blood pumped into the front 7 on D.

1) Pollack - suprised they didn't trade down a couple of spots since at least 3 players they liked were still available at their pick, and one would have fallen to them, but hey, I love this guy.  Still, the amount of time they spent before making this pick virtually ensures they entertained at least one offer.  Maybe it'll come out later :-) but I doubt it, as it would lead to second guessing.

3) Henry - hated this pick till I spent the time reading about him.  Kinda reminds me of Chad, just a bit - fabulous talent, size, hands, speed, athleticism with some attitude problems.  Then I noticed he is a punt returner too.  Say goodbye to Peter Warrick, folks - I will always remember him fondly for the 2004 KC game, but business is business.

They have to have to have to address Center with the next pick.  Really.

I dunno why people keep saying PDub will be released.

We have about four or five other recievers that would and should get the axe before him. (Like Cliff Russell)

He has another year left people, I don't understand the logic.

I'm telling you, PDub will come ready to play this season.

And if Coach Lewis let TJ stay on the roster his first year hurt, why can't PDub be afforded the same treatment?

f**k ya terry, thats what im talking about. tj had a year off and had a chance to show himself...why not pdub? we can afford the hit and pdub is better anyway...give him a shot.

Posting this as of the round 5 pick

Picks 1 through 3 - great.

Pick 4 - decently good. I think he'll start by year's end, which is exactly what we need. I wonder still why Wilkerson wasn't picked, as I feel he'd be better but I guess his health status must be worse than I had thought.

Pick 5 - awful. horrid. what happened? It is as if Mike Brown decided to make a pick himself once again

Hoping for better in 6 and 7, where S and either TE or DL must be addressed

Posting this as of the round 5 pick

Picks 1 through 3 - great.

Pick 4 - decently good. I think he'll start by year's end, which is exactly what we need. I wonder still why Wilkerson wasn't picked, as I feel he'd be better but I guess his health status must be worse than I had thought.

Pick 5 - awful. horrid. what happened? It is as if Mike Brown decided to make a pick himself once again

Hoping for better in 6 and 7, where S and either TE or DL must be addressed

Couldn't agree more , AGAIN !!

Hawthorne is off the board, but C.J. Mosley is still there, very productive player, and probably the reason why teammate Attiyah Ellison went off the board earlier than he was supposed to.

Mosley has a good motor, good quickness, and many considered him to be a first rounder ala' Mathias Askew in the '06 draft.

plenty of good safeties left, hard to think that we don't grab one. :player: