NFL Draft Chat

B24

yeah, we are making a drinking game out of it. We have to guess each team's pick in the first round, or if you guess incorrectly, you drink a beer. For the Bengals pick you have to do two beers.

See what stupid college kids think up?

How about taking a shot after each pick from each team. That should help sleep through the boring picks later... :lol::lol:

I was one of the people who had a Complete FIT durn last year's Draft .

:lol: Me and you both, bro! :lol: I was just getting all set to sit down and chat through the draft, and I never made it past the 1st damn PICK!! :( I just shut down the computer and went straight to the nearest bar, and began to blow my freakin' brains out with beaucoup quantities of bourbon! Mission Accomplished. :wacko:

me too!!! i literally jumped up hearing the word "Chris" with excitement and then sat right back down to hear "Perry" instead of "Gamble"

me too!!! i literally jumped up hearing the word "Chris" with excitement and then sat right back down to hear "Perry" instead of "Gamble"

I was the opposite, when i heard Chris, i also assumed gamble, and it upset me, because i knew how badly we needed RB, with Dillon gone, and an unworthy and subpar replacement being penciled in by bengal fans as the starter. I was really hoping for Kevin Jones. I loved the trade down, but thought we were targeting Kevin Jones. I knew, just as the management knew, we needed a RB, but i guess we had different views on which one to take. Still though, getting Perry was great, he will be much more valueble to our team then Gamble this year when he is our starting RB.

I was the opposite, when i heard Chris, i also assumed gamble, and it upset me, because i knew how badly we needed RB, with Dillon gone, and an unworthy and subpar replacement being penciled in by bengal fans as the starter. I was really hoping for Kevin Jones. I loved the trade down, but thought we were targeting Kevin Jones. I knew, just as the management knew, we needed a RB, but i guess we had different views on which one to take. Still though, getting Perry was great, he will be much more valueble to our team then Gamble this year when he is our starting RB.

you never quit do you..... :rolleyes:

I loved the trade down, but thought we were targeting Kevin Jones.

I guess being wrong must come easy for you by now. :lol:

That said, Kevin Jones is a better back than Perry. No argument. In fact, I'd guess there are alot of RB's better than the Bengals 3rd stringer.

File this one away. I watched an interview once where Kevin Jones mentioned just how ticked he was when the Bengals didn't draft him. Went so far as to state he's holding a major grudge that he intends to settle when he gets the chance.

Yeah, that wretched bum only broke the Bengals' single-season rushing record in his first year as a full-time starter, ran for 202 yards in a game, and led the NFL in broken tackles. Screw him for working hard for the team! Why use him when we had a perfectly good malcontent who would fall over after 2 yards and complain?

And before we vote for Chris Perry as the next messiah, even though you got your vote in extra early, let's see him accomplish something. Anything. Like maybe not spending the entire year on the bench because of injuries. Or running for more than 33 yards in a season.

Here's a question: if the Bengals have a good season and/or make the playoffs in 2005 and Rudi duplicates or exceeds his stats from 2004, will you still hold the grudge against him that you currently do? Or would you admit that he is actually a quality RB who works well with and for the team?

Pollack or Davis in '05.

I'll be there, I was going to re - do the 7 round Mock and have it post first thing Saturday morning, but then all the Trades that will probably happen will just blow it all to pieces..

I'm still confident Cincy' will trade down, but I'll be enjoying the draft regardless, and if they F*ck up the first round pick again,.. I'll let them have it again !!! :angry: :player:

Yeah, that wretched bum only broke the Bengals' single-season rushing record in his first year as a full-time starter, ran for 202 yards in a game, and led the NFL in broken tackles. Screw him for working hard for the team! Why use him when we had a perfectly good malcontent who would fall over after 2 yards and complain?

And before we vote for Chris Perry as the next messiah, even though you got your vote in extra early, let's see him accomplish something. Anything. Like maybe not spending the entire year on the bench because of injuries. Or running for more than 33 yards in a season.

Here's a question: if the Bengals have a good season and/or make the playoffs in 2005 and Rudi duplicates or exceeds his stats from 2004, will you still hold the grudge against him that you currently do? Or would you admit that he is actually a quality RB who works well with and for the team?

Pollack or Davis in '05.

if he runs the exact same as last year, ya i will call him a bum. i want to see major progression.

I swear you and Willis are two of my favorites.

I guess being wrong must come easy for you by now. :lol:

Yeah i was way off :rolleyes: , unlike most bengal fans, i had the position right. I just had a different opinion on which RB was the best available, and it turns out i was right there as well.

As for RJ, if he plays like he did this past year, i will definitly continue dissing him, he was mediocre this year, nothing better. Stop with the stats, all his stats mean is that he got a ton of carries. I could get 1000 yards rushing in the NFL, problem is, it would take me about 1000 carries to do it. Stats can be easily misleading, ask most football analysts, the most important stat for a RB is YPC, and RJ was UNDER 4 ypc (the general benchmark for a quality NFL RB) in 11 of the 16 games.

Well, They couldv'e had Stephen Jackson instead of Perry as well..........

which would of sucked, i cant wait till people realize what ive been saying, jackson sucks, he will be nothing more then a solid starter, ever