Ellis Johnson

ArmyBengal

Bengals | E. Johnson Visited - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:02:10 -0700

Updating previous reports, Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports free agent DT Ellis Johnson (Broncos) has visited with the Cincinnati Ben

Still looking I see... I don't know anything about this guy, but I must say it's irritating to be looking at someone else when we couldn't pony up cash for Sharper. Is this guy so much better than Sharper would have been ??

On a side note: The Bengals love playing with their Johnsons huh ?? :D

WHODEY !!!

Bengals | E. Johnson Visited - from www.KFFL.com

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:02:10 -0700

Updating previous reports, Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports free agent DT Ellis Johnson (Broncos) has visited with the Cincinnati Ben

Still looking I see... I don't know anything about this guy, but I must say it's irritating to be looking at someone else when we couldn't pony up cash for Sharper. Is this guy so much better than Sharper would have been ??

On a side note: The Bengals love playing with their Johnsons huh ?? :D

WHODEY !!!

I don't think this visit has anything to do with being better or worse than Sharper.

Lewis has said from the beginning that he will look at any available player that he feels can enhance this team. He's lived up to that, in my opinion.

For some reason this rings a vague "old news" bell...I think the visit happened a while back. Certainly doesn't appear to have been within the last day or two, since he's "on tour" elsewhere. Here's the source of the kffl report:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,3...2811674,00.html

$5 and maybe a free hat.

A FREE hat? Are you mad? You'll bankrupt the organisation at this rate!

Guys, this is old news from mid-March...

http://www.bengals.com/press/news.asp?iCur...=0&news_id=2795

That doesn’t mean the Bengals wouldn’t like some of the players that are out there. Miami’s Brian Robinson would make them better at defensive tackle, but it looks like their price hasn’t been met. Although Denver defensive lineman Ellis Johnson visited Thursday, he doesn’t seem to be a fit because he’s more of a third-down player and the Bengals are looking to upgrade on first and second down.