Clarett Bigger, Faster, and now a MERGED topic!

glnwf

Well was anybody wondering aboutMaurice Clarett as a Bengal back???

During the Combine Clarett tried to change the opnions of the NFL Scouts, with a new attitude, and did a fairly good job of that. But when it came to the physical aspects of the game?

Clarett fell apart at yesterday's RB workouts at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. Clarett clunkered down the 40-yard track, timing out in over 4.80 in his first heat, and then barely cracking the 4.70 mark in a second run. Then rather than trying to make amends in the agility drills, Clarett packed his bags and went home.

I still stick with the statment that Sproles would be the best bet for the money at the draft spot where the bengals would probably be looking, in the lower rounds. Due to his stature of 5'5" I feel that he will be looked over during the earlier rounds inspite of his all around abilities. And honestly someone that is 5'5"-5'8" that weighs 190-200 isn't a small person at all. :player: his speed, agaility, ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, needless to say he has that got to have tangableBlitz Blocking.

So, He he forget any thoughts of Clarett, and to add insult to injury left the Combine before the end of the day :player:

post-2-1109482151.gif

Clarett fell apart at yesterday's RB workouts at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. Clarett clunkered down the 40-yard track, timing out in over 4.80 in his first heat, and then barely cracking the 4.70 mark in a second run. Then rather than trying to make amends in the agility drills, Clarett packed his bags and went home.

Wow those times are terrible, Clarett is almost as slow as Rudi Johnson!

Clarett is forever going to be associated with his past troubles. From trying to enter the draft early and then not even working out at the combine and looking out of shape. To ratting on his former college about some academic scandel. And now to claiming 'he's grown up now'. I think he's the same young idiot and c'mon, when was the last time he's played a down of football?

I actually feel kind of sorry for the kid(even though he is a bad guy) I thought he kind of got it raw at OSU(and I know I;m gonna hear it for this) The stuff he was originally chastised for happens all the time everywhere els and once the stuff came out and he didn't know what to do but he idd expect the team and the university to back him and they dod the exact opposite. I mean, I wonder what kind of car Adrain Peterson was driving last year!

Or the Bengals..... :o

From Pat Kirwan on NFL.com

"INDIANAPOLIS (Feb. 28, 2005) -- And say what you want about the slow times Maurice Clarett ran, but at least he stepped on the track and tried. Not one GM or head coach I interviewed believed Clarett had destroyed his chance to play in the NFL. In fact, Bengals skipper Marvin Lewis said quite the opposite. "Maurice is in a process of getting things right," he said, "and I already know he's a good football player. He should run better next time."

Clarett = S**TBAG

I loved what he did (When he wasn't hurt) in Buckeye land, but there is no way (regardless of what ML says) that he is a ML type a guy. I can tell you I think Dillon was a great RB here (I do), but it doesn't mean I want his dumba$$ playing on our team. IMO, I hope his sorry excuse of a RB butt goes undrafted and oh yeah, he's a f**king quitter. Next...

WHODEY !!!

I have two things I firmly believe about Marvin and Clarett

1) Marvin is a very good diplomat. He knows that if the world collectively turns it's back on Clarett and he says nice things liek that, Clarett is far more likely to sign with the Bengals as a undrafted FA should he decide he wants to give the kid a shot in training camp. No risk there, really...if he's a problem, you waive him with no signing bonus or big contract at risk. He screws up during the year - you waive him and again no cap hit, or you trade him if he has managed to be productive. The risk is minimal, the upside is good. Easy call for a smart guy like Marvin.

2) Clarett is trouble. He may recover his top notch RB form at some point for some NFL team, but I am far more sure he will have extensive off the field trouble and will create disruption/distractions for his team. If I'm running the show, I want nothing to do with him, regardless of his talent if any.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8322926

Clarett to work out at his former high school

NFL.com wire reports

WARREN, Ohio (March 24, 2005) -- Ohio State won't allow Maurice Clarett back to appear before NFL scouts, but his former high school will.

Clarett will work out at Warren G. Harding High School on March 31, said his agent Steve Feldman.

Feldman knows it will be a critical day for Clarett, who bombed at the NFL combine in late February with times of 4.72 and 4.82 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

"He could have slipped completely out of the draft," Feldman said. "He needs a good workout."

Clarett has changed his trainer and is doing less weightlifting and more cardiovascular work, Feldman said.

Scouts from several teams plan to attend the workout, but Feldman wouldn't say which ones. He also said he wouldn't rule out another workout before the April 23-24 draft.

Ohio State excluded Clarett from participating in Pro Day workouts with his former teammates earlier this month. Clarett alienated himself with allegations that administrators and coaches broke NCAA rules by arranging perks for players.

Harding coach Thom McDaniels however was willing to help his former player.

"With all my heart I hope he has a great day," McDaniels said. "In the absence of two years of college competition, it boils down to what he does next Thursday in terms of what NFL scouts know about him and how they think of him going into the draft."

Clarett set Ohio State freshman rushing and scoring records in 2002, leading the Buckeyes to their first national championship in 34 years. He was suspended before the next season for lying to NCAA and university investigators and never played another college game.

He then sued the NFL for early admission to the league's draft but, after an early victory in federal court, lost on appeal and several subsequent appeals.

clarret will get picked up some where he is a very talented football player. and if he is there in the 5-7 round i think you take him. osu would have never made it to the 02 championship with out him. and would have repeated if he would not have done some of the dumb crap he pulled. if he can get his head right. which is his problem he can be a good back in the nfl.because to me he talent is not the question his thinking is

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3507140

Agents say Clarett's 40 time was 4.67 seconds

Associated Press

CORTLAND, Ohio -Maurice Clarett ran faster on his home turf than he did at the NFL combine.

A month after Clarett bombed in Indianapolis, he was clocked at around 4.67 seconds in two 40-yard dashes, according to his agents, while working out for scouts from eight NFL teams Thursday."I was just trying to give the coaches what they wanted," Clarett said. "They wanted a faster 40, so I worked on the 40 more than anything."

At the combine, the former Ohio State star was clocked at between 4.72 and 4.82 in the 40, a time more appropriate for a linebacker or defensive end than a running back.

Clarett completed more than an hour's worth of drills Thursday on an artificial turf indoor soccer field.

"I think it might get him back into the draft," agent Steve Feldman said.

Clarett unsuccessfully challenged the NFL's minimum-age requirement in court last year and hasn't played since leading Ohio State to a national title in 2002 as a freshman.

He was suspended the next season for lying to NCAA and university investigators.

Scouts and coaches representing Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Miami, New England, Pittsburgh and St. Louis attended the workout near Clarett's hometown of Warren.

"He looks good," Browns offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon said.

Despite being two pounds heavier at 236 pounds, Clarett looked more defined than at the NFL combine. He wore a gray sleeveless shirt and a pair of black shorts for his running drills then went shirtless for some receiving drills.

Clarett bared his teeth during his first 40-yard dash and quickly exhaled air at the end of his second run before slamming to a stop against a wall of the soccer field.

Bengals running backs coach Jim Anderson ran Clarett through a series of drills and at one point barked at him to do a shuttle drill correctly.

"He worked hard," Anderson said.

Just because we ran his drills doesnt mean that we will take him.

I'm ttelling you, he will be flippin burgers at McDonalds

No, it doesn't mean we will take him, however, I just don't want the Bengals to be associated with his punka$$ at all. Kinda makes me get an uneasy feeling in my stomach hearing about it... :unsure: Don't know if he will be flipping burgers or not, I just think he's another cancer waiting to be unleased on some team...

WHODEY !!!