Denver Browns?

Just a little chuckle from the Denver Post, via profootballtalk.com: after trading for Gerard Warren, the Post says that the Donkeys have inked fellow Cleveburg bust Courtney Brown to a 1-year deal!

What it is with Shanny? Is he trying to go 3-13? :lol:

Wait it gets better.....another big back in the division....dammm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3499620

Broncos, Browns close to a deal

Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com

The Cleveland Browns and Denver Broncos are close to a trade that would strongly bolster the Browns backfield before the draft while giving Denver their second first-round DE in two days.

Sources have told FOXSports.com that the Browns and Broncos are in deep talks regarding a trade that would send last year's Broncos breakout back Reuben Droughns to Cleveland for defensive end Ebenezer Ekuban.

Ekuban, the former first-round pick, had surgery recently on his knee and shoulder and is not expected to be healthy until May. He is expected to visit the Broncos this week, but due to the health concerns, the two sides have discussed working out appropriate draft choice compensation for the 2006 draft if Ekuban cannot return to full strength in time for the season. However, if Ekuban's physical pans out well, the two sides may agree to a straight up player-for-player deal without any stipulation.

Droughns amassed a surprising 1,240 yards rushing last year, impressive numbers considering he didn't take over the primary ball carrier role until the second week of October. He also hauled in an impressive 32 passes for 241 yards and scored eight TDs — six on the ground. Droughns had six 100-yard rushing games — including games of 193, 176 and 166 yards — as Denver's coaching staff and offensive line churned out yet another 1,000-yard rusher.

Ekuban, a former first-round pick of the Dallas Cowboys, had his best sack total of his career in 2004 when he tabbed eight QB takedowns. His previous high was 6.5 during his sophomore season. His former defensive line coach in Cleveland, Andre Patterson, is now an assistant on the Broncos' staff.

Droughns joins a Browns backfield that was split between William Green and Lee Suggs last year. However, Droughns was more productive than those two combined last season. The move also allows Cleveland to focus on a position other than running back in the first round of this year's draft.

Yeah, Droughns will probably go to the Browns and develop a smack problem that will severely hinder his playing time.

Much like those who came before.

Speaking of the turds, is it just me or is Crennel cleaning house or WHAT!!! They won't even have hardly any of the same players this coming year.

ya know? good for crennel. I like that approach. kinda looks familiar too....didn't something similar happen around these parts two years ago?

browns fans have to like the honest apparaisal of the crap that was passing for talent there.

Droughns had a good game on Monday Night vs Bengals...Maybe it's just Denver's line though...Playing for the Clowns could change everything

Nah. The Denver line had nothing to do with more than a few plays where he simply ran over some Bengals defensive players.

Droughns is eager to prove his surprising, 1,240-yard season had as much to do with his abilities as the Broncos' offense. Before switching from fullback to running back in the middle of the 2004 season, Droughns rushed for 97 yards in four seasons with the Broncos and Detroit Lions.

"It feels like I haven't done anything until I leave the Denver system and do it with the Browns," said Droughns, who will wear No. 34. Suggs wears No. 44. The last two running backs to wear those two numbers and rush for 1,000 yards? Ernest Byner and Kevin Mack (1985).

Droughns might not want to return to fullback, but he still has the same mentality.

"If there's a defender between me and the goal line, I'm not going to try and shake him up," said Droughns, who was in Detroit when Browns offensive coordinator Maurice Carthon was the Lions' running backs coach. "I'm going to try and run him over and let him know I mean business."

What else would you expect from someone who has referred to cornerbacks as speed bumps?

I don't like the idea of having to play this guy twice a year. Same goes for the Ravens Jamal Lewis, and the Steelers Jerome Bettis!

Reuben Droughns is a freakin' beast, and I am glad that he is being shown the respect that he deserves. He would have slowly gone the way of Mike Anderson if he had stayed in Denver...good RB, quality guy, rips it up one year and spends the next few getting lost in the shuffle in a RB-happy system.

I have legitimate worry about what Droughns will do to our run D. I also co-sign the above statement.

Droughns is a scary downhill runner. He gets through the line quick and picks up speed in a hurry.

But he's nowhere the threat to Bengals as Jammal is because the safeties can tackle Droughns at the second level. Madieu did a great job tackling Droughns 1-on-1 in open field and keeping 7 or 8 yd runs from being a breakaway Jammal run. Madieu got knocked on his a$$ but he made the tackles on Droughns. Herring is a great tackler but he would have more difficulty hauling Droughns down than Madieu.

Still, the Droughns move makes the Clowns a better team.

As for the Denver Clowns, I hope the wheels fall off the donkey cart for good this year. Heeeeeeee Haaaaaaaw.

broncos took an outcast from the browns for a backup fullback that they wouldnt be using this year. i say the broncos dont care about droughns...otherwise, arent worried about his production and know he aint gonna be s**t behind a different line. Also droughns needs like 20 carries a game...with suggs there, no way hes getting that...i aint worried about the browns anymore than i was last year.

broncos took an outcast from the browns for a backup fullback that they wouldnt be using this year. i say the broncos dont care about droughns...otherwise, arent worried about his production and know he aint gonna be s**t behind a different line. Also droughns needs like 20 carries a game...with suggs there, no way hes getting that...i aint worried about the browns anymore than i was last year.

I hope some Turd flies heed that....Apparently they're thinking they got a pair of 1,000 yd rushers because Droughns and Suggs will have the same jersey #s as Byner and Mack.