Don't Draft Travis Johnson!

I have read that he already has a sexual assault on his record. I can only imagine what will happen when he get's rich. The mock draft's have said that he is going to the Bengals, but he is not worth the character risk and with Marvin's experience with Dillon and other malcontents this isn't going to happen.

I`m sure almost every1 on this board would

be more than excited if the Bengals were to sign

a Free Agent DT that weighs 335 pounds, averaged 40.5

tackles a season and 6.25 sacks ...

Well that`s what Big Daddy DID as a Bengal !

Hell he had Dave Shula as a head coach even ...and still put

up those numbers ...

Yeah his numbers have declined since he left ...but he wasn`t a

"bust" when he wore the stripes ! :player:

I`m sure almost every1 on this board would be more than excited if the Bengals were to sign a Free Agent DT that weighs 335 pounds, averaged 40.5 tackles a season and 6.25 sacks ...

Well that`s what Big Daddy DID as a Bengal ! Hell he had Dave Shula as a head coach even ...and still put up those numbers ...

Yeah his numbers have declined since he left ...but he wasn`t a "bust" when he wore the stripes ! :player:

I agree. And more: I don't think he's ever been a bust. His case is one I use as a prime example of the virtual impossibility of any player to live up to today's expectations of a top 5 or 10 pick.

Ditto with Justin Smith. There's no shortage of Smith detractors among Bengal fandom, yet I guarantee had he been taken with the 4th pick in the 2nd round -- or even a low pick in the first -- they'd all be talking about how he had become a solid contributor. :rolleyes:

IMHO it's because the draft has become such an overhyped event, and because such big $$$ get shelled out for the top selections. Everybody expects a top pick to be the next Montana/Peyton/Rice/White/Munoz etc etc. But being a top pick was never about being a shoe-in for the Hall, it was just about being the best prospect at a position. Personally, I've always thought that if you got a solid starter out of your first-round selection you were ahead of the game.