Jason Taylor

shworge

Profootballtalk.com is saying that the Dolphins may be willing to move Jason Taylor since they just signed Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holliday. They would like to move to a 3-4 and Taylor's agent already said he won't play linebacker since he has made multiple pro bowls with his hand on the ground. There are rumors of a Taylor for Edge or a Taylor for SA trade, I don't see the Edge trade because Indy doesn't need anymore pass rushing defensive ends. I would like to see the Bengals move Rudi and a 3rd round pick for Taylor. Marvin has already stated we need somebody who can get consistent pressure on the team. The 6.3 million you would save on Rudi can be used to sign Taylor long term.

The Bengals are actively persuing a long-term deal with Rudi -- so I'm not sure how much of a trade factor Rudi is before the cooling down period.

And I doubt the Bengals will give up a first rounder...

But it's an interesting prospect. I like how our name is being thrown around as a possible destination for trade.

I didn't say first rounder, I said third rounder.  I wouldn't give up Rudi and a first rounder for him.  But, it seems to make sense for both sides.

I didn't say you did -- I was just adding more thoughts. Do you think that the Dolphins would give up their 3-time pro bowl player, who's recorded 41 sacks in the past three seasons, for Rudi and a 3rd rounder? If the roles were reversed (we were the Miami fans) would you support that?

I'd be surprised if they didn't take a first and second rounder (or a position need like Rudi) for Taylor. I understand they signed Carter and Holliday, but neither are close to the talent of Taylor (3-4 or 4-3) and the fins could get a ton in return for him if a trade does indeed happen.

Miami could use some help at WR, too. Heck, I'll send 'em Rudi, Warrick and the third round pick for Taylor. Shoot, if they order before midnight tonight I'll throw in Kevin Kaeshviharn ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Taylor + Justin Smith = Taylor + O-gun. We'd have 30-40 sacks from DEs alone.

Ooooohhhhh...I just started thinking about a Taylor-Smith DE tandem.

Pro Bowl for J-Smith!!

If that tandem could have something even remotely close to the Taylor-Ogunleye tandem in Miami...oh...oh God... :player: :player: :player:

Miami could use some help at WR, too. Heck, I'll send 'em Rudi, Warrick and the third round pick for Taylor. Shoot, if they order before midnight tonight I'll throw in Kevin Kaeshviharn ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Taylor + Justin Smith = Taylor + O-gun. We'd have 30-40 sacks from DEs alone.

I sense sarcasm. :lol:

PS, didn't you use that for another one? Are you trying to say something? Do you have a template of responses? :D:D

How about Rudi-Kitna for Talyor and one of Miami's 3rd or 4th rounders?

Then we just lost our depth. We'd have to pick up AJ Feeley -- do YOU WANT AJ Feeley? :lol::lol:

if this deal were to happen and it will not. because we have no tackles or l/b's that any team would fear taylor would be double teamed all the time and teams would still continue to run at us up the gut and we still would suck against the run. so to me the deal does not make any sense. we need at least 2 run stuffing d tackles to improve us against the run. i would like to see on f/a brought in and one drafted

PS, didn't you use that for another one? Are you trying to say something? Do you have a template of responses? :D:D

Hey, K2's on special in March. get 'im while he lasts! He plays corner, he plays safety, he slices, he dices, he makes julienne fries! Watch him cut through this soda can and still stay sharp! He's amazing! Call 1-800-K2-MYTEAM NOW! :lol:

Not sure I'd give up two young players in their prime and a draft pick for a 30 year old DE in the twilight of his career (yes I know he's still valuable) and risk our entire running game and remove any depth we have at WR for him.

This isn't roto-world baseball.

Now I would trade Justin Smith for him maybe.

Now I would trade Justin Smith for him maybe.

maybe???

I would take Jason Taylor for Justin Smith in a heartbeat! He always ends up on the Bengals in some way or another when I play madden. I'm getting giddy just thinking about him being in stripes. i'm sure it'll never happen, but here's to dreaming.

I love Justin Smith, esp. when he gets DUI, and comes to the games playing with a druken rage :D He is a fan favorite

How can you love a guy when he has a DUI? Drinking and driving isnt safe, it puts innocent people at risk. And didnt he have like 1-2 beers that night to get him drunk, the same amount my 15 y/old sister could get drunk off? I say we get younger players, not old ones. We already have vets, so why not get some fresh skin in.

playing with a druken rage

sounds like an angst borne straight out of Star Trek

it puts innocent people at risk

A bit like those photo's of your sweet arse.

Ooooohhhhh......oh...oh God...

Everytime you say this I think of Office Space when the guy is talking about showing the girl in Accounting his O face.

If that is what you think of when I say that, then i have done my job well. I love that freakin' movie.