three games left

AGrizzlyBaer

49ers: They have been an up and down team all year, and like the Seahawks, have problems on the road. We should be fired up to beat these guys. I hope the home town crowd goes nuts for the Bengals from the beginning of the game to the end.

@Rams: Gonna be tough to beat them in their house. They will be playing for home field advantage so don't think they are going to coast now that they have clinched a playoff berth.

Browns: Another up and mostly down team. They are playing for pride now. We should whip the Browns.

No matter how the season plays out:

If we win all three, if Baltimore goes 2-1, if other AFC teams tumble down the stretch, AND whether or not we make the playoffs...we will have a winning record this year and we have had an incredible year!!

Go Bengals!!! The last 12 years are history!

I think we could beat the Rams. They will have a ton of pressure on them to win for home field advantage. I really think the tough game will be against the Browns. Call me stupid, but they have nothing to play for except for spoiler and we beat them at their house, they may want revenge. Either way, there's three games left and we're not talking about the upcoming draft.. :D

game 1: 40Whiners-The Bengals should have this one. They'll come in pissed off and on fire. The 40Whiners usually tank it up on the road, badly. Also, I think Kitna will be highly motivated for this game because Erickson was his coach with the Seahawks, and the student always loves beating the teacher.

game 2: The Rams-This is a game that worries me as well. The Rams play tough in that dome. But I think the Bengals have enough speed on offense to be able to hang with the Rams offense. The Rams defense can be good but is a bit overated cause they do play in the NFC and the real teams play in the AFC...(I think the Bengals would be about 10-3 now if the played in the NFC, if anybody is asking) This is a winnable game, as long as the Bengals are prepared for the intensity of it...

game 3: Clowns-This is a hard one to call. Ole Butch may decide to go with youth and evaluate players for next year, so it could be an easy game...Or for that matter the Bengals may have been eliminated from the playoffs then and we could be seeing some new faces starting for the Bengals, but that probably won't be the case. But even if both teams bring their A games, Bengals win.

But right now the concern is the 40Whiners not anyone else

cheers

4 Key facts about 49'ers:

1. 0-6 on the road

2. Been Outscored 79-162 on the road.

3. Have 1 quality win on their schedule. (St. Louis) Other wins were over DET, PIT, AZ, CHI, TB. Combined record of these opponents is 24-41, ouch!

4. On the road have thrown 9 INTs.

While the 49'ers and Bengals are close in almost every statistic category, the home field is the huge difference maker this week.

Bengals 31 - 49'ers 24

If the Bengals can't beat this year's Niners and Browns at home they don't deserve a playoff spot. Beating the Rams at their home tho...that's tough. But if we get Levi back and the pass protection stiffens I think we can hang even in a shootout, tho I'd prefer a ball control, pound-it-on-the-ground game. Rams offense can't score from the sidelines!

WELL..... let's see what cd's attitude is like after this hopefully tempoary set back.... personally, pw'd had a great game as a receiver, as a returner he INHALED. tried too hard. so either keep him as a receiver, or send him pack'en. as for dillon, here's a band wagon PLAYER..... send him on his way. address these 2 items and '04 will could be awesome. but for now, let's follow the big ML and play up to the players ego's and hope for the best the last 3-4-5 games and possibly SUPER BOWL.

No matter how the season plays out:

If we win all three, if Baltimore goes 2-1, if other AFC teams tumble down the stretch, AND whether or not we make the playoffs...we will have a winning record this year and we have had an incredible year!!

Go Bengals!!! The last 12 years are history!

I think that is of the utmost importance. We've been talking all season about getting rid of demons and / or getting monkeys off our back, and that losing record is the biggest demon monkey of all. ITS GOTTA GO !

To the last 3 :

49ers coming to town - What their dimwit fan says is as unimprtant as the team. Just another Caifornia team, and we've already played and beaten better. Flutie and the Chargers would take these guys out.

Rams - Got no idea. I really like seeing the Bengals play the top teams though. I want to see how they do against top competition. If the defense holds up, we can beat these guys. It'll be tough, but it can be done.

Browns coming to town. - PUHLEEZE. This team is in complete disarray. The Bengals will either be pumped up or pissed off by the time these guys show up, and either way they just won't be in any mood for a visit from the hillbilly relatives. They get the perfunctory spanking and early dismissal.

49ers - Read the new edition of Inside the Stripes (article on this site) and you'll see how badly the 49ers play on the road. :)

Rams - could be that overlook the team matchup. The Rams after playing Seattle this weekend have Cincy and Detroit afterwards. We could escape with a win if they do the typical NFL, we've got a win. Marc Bulger doesn't have a strong arm either, so if we're aggressive on defense, we might be ok. But think about it for a second, the Rams are pushing for home field advantage and could be more concerned on what Philly does - there's a lot of pressure on the Rams also.

Oranges - hahahahahaahaha - God I hate them.

As has been said, we will need some help to get into the playoffs. And we might not make it even if we win out. It's a possibility. So, just sit back, relax and watch history these next three weeks. (The history of the first winning season of the Mike Brown era)

San Franciso: Who knows which team will show up Sunday? Cincinnati has been awesome at home and have a true home field advantage over anyone in the league which very much includes this team that can't win on the road. Cincy - 32, San Fran - 25

@ St. Louis: Cincinnati has been a giant killer this season, but this is on the road in a dome. This could be good for our passing attack, but it's also good for the Rams passing attack. Despite the winning ways of the Rams, they just don't look sharp at times, but we have to play a very good game to beat them. Even though we beat Pittsburgh and lost to a good Raven team, I just can't see us pulling out a win unless we have an awesome day. St. Louis - 38, Cincy - 34

Cleveland: These are the BROWNS! We went into their house and got our first win of the season. And we are going to finish off the season with another win. Maybe the Browns will try something totally new like have Holcomb and Couch on the field at the same time, so that way the fans can blame both QBs simultaneously? Whatever the case, no matter if we go to the playoffs or not, it will feel so good to end the season by crushing this pathetic team. Cincy - 45, Cleveland - 6

It's time for another defining "Bengals Moment" before this game. As it was before the Chiefs game, when Chad Johnson said what he believed, and guaranteed a victory. Something of this magnitude must happen. This game is the perfect scenario for the Bengals to shed the last of the curses upon them...To win on the road against a winning team!! Once that happens, and I believe that is a ripe oppourtunity...It will be the point in time recognized as when Coach Lewis's transformation fully manifested itself!

I'm not saying they'll be unbeatable from there on out...but No team will take them lightly anywhere!!

B)

I honestly think the Bengals will beat the Gold Rush Men Group (49ers for some of you), there are too many consistancies while they play on the road compared to the Bengals playing at home. Barring a let down, we could see Palmer get a few snaps if we play like the Ravens did against the great Ericson.

I think we'll be the Rams. Think about it for a moment. St. Louis plays Seattle this weekend and when they return home after beating the Blue Man Group they are going to be on a high. They will overlook the Bengals while Detroit finishes their schedule. SL beats Seattle and they win the West. The only thing left is home field advantage. I see St. Louis looking past this game all over the place.

Still to this moment, even after all the injuries, the Cleveland Oranges will be our toughest challenge. The Browns will come in here with a bunch of new guys that we don't know, a chip on their shoulder for us beating them at their house, and pressure on the Bengals to force a win. Not saying we'll lose, but it's going to be one that will be tough. Plus, I just hope that all of the Bengals aren't looking past them as they did Arizona. I sense that a little in the forum, we all thought Arizona would fall easily to the Bengals, but that didn't happen.

Is the Browns game sold out ? How many tickets would have been allocated to away fans ??

I recall the last game at Cinergy Field, (in the rain), against the Browns and they brought a big following with them - and they were very noisey.

Is there a danger that they could turn the PBS into a "home" game for them ?? I know a few of you have posted how loud the crowd was Vs Kansas City and with a larger crowd than at Cinrgy Field and something to play for us (hopefully), and nothing for them to play for, we should keep it as "our house". But no doubt they would love to piss in our punch and spoil the party.

When you've got one of the the best coaches in the game and one of the best teams, there's always a chance to win it all. One thing interesting is that there's not really a superstar on Kentucky's team this year, but they do very well as a team.

And to bring this back to the Bengals.... we've now got a great coach... just need some better players at certain positions and we can have many winning seasons. We don't necessarily need to the marquee players in the league -- just those good to great players who fit with Marvin's system and who understand what it means to win as a team and lose as a team. Individuals win MVPs, teams win Superbowls.

reat players who fit with Marvin's system and who understand what it means to win as a team

One of Marvin's reputations was his ability to mold young players. Each one of the great players on defense while in Baltimore were youngsters that he helped develop. He knows how to win and he knows how to build chemistry. One way not to do that, is have a high payroll Washington team that has no team unity.

Look at the last two SB champs; NE, a team built around Bill Billichek's (sp?) personality. TB, a majority of those guys were youngersters developed by ol' Monty; they became high profile while still playing on the same team their whole careers. But notibly the defense has a huge bound, a chemistry unlike any team in the NFL, and I respect that a lot.