MOST HATED BENGAL?

ackley1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a stupid post, too many people will say dillon because they are morons

dillon is one of the greatest players in this teams history, for 7 years he left everything on the feild for this team, played his heart out, and got nothing in return from the organization, he finally got sick of it and wanted out, let the man be

Who's your guys most hated current or former Bengal. I'm pretty sure I know who most of yours is. Mine is Chris Collinsworth.

Why do you hate Cris Collinsworth..?? He was one of the best Bengal receivers ever..! He was a 3 time Pro Bowler, rookie of the year in '81, held every Bengal receiver record till Carl Pickens came along, and he's made himself one of the better Game Analysts for Fox and HBO..?

* Something you want to tell us there..?? :lol:

Lewis Billups.

Not just for the dropped INT in Super Bowl 23.

It was proly his idea to stiff the "manager" in the Oct. 1990 fiasco in Seattle. At least he stayed rotten to the core til the bitter end.

I can't believe somebody beat me to Billups! :rolleyes: And I really don't hate him, that's such a strong word, but he's definitely at the bottom of my like list!

dillon is one of the greatest players in this teams history, for 7 years he left everything on the feild for this team, played his heart out, and got nothing in return from the organization, he finally got sick of it and wanted out, let the man be

C'mon Pushy...so far you're the only one bringing him up here! :blink:

What is it w/ you and Dillon? If you read my post you would see that I have Collinswoth as my most hated Bengal. Why don't you get off CD jockstrap buddy.

I'm going to have to think real hard on this one.... Can't think of too many Bengal players I hated... I can remember when I knew someone was going to be a bad pick though from previous drafts !

* To be honest with you, Pootie Tang was at the top of my list, then next thing you know he turns in his best season..?

go fig..? :P

Who's your guys most hated current or former Bengal. I'm pretty sure I know who most of yours is. Mine is Chris Collinsworth.

Why do you hate Cris Collinsworth..?? He was one of the best Bengal receivers ever..! He was a 3 time Pro Bowler, rookie of the year in '81, held every Bengal receiver record till Carl Pickens came along, and he's made himself one of the better Game Analysts for Fox and HBO..?

* Something you want to tell us there..?? :lol:

Oh, those monumental Bengals receiving records! I really don't have a reat reason for hating Collinsworth. Do you ever dislike someone yet you're not quite sure why. That's how it is w/ me and Chris. Besides, I'm only 23 so I don't remember much of the Collinsworth days. Although I appreciate what he did for the Bengals he just seems like an arrogant a-hole.

Undecided between Klingler and Akili.

Decided now. And I'm not going to say that I "hate" any of the players, coaches, etc. But the one who left me the most, um "depressed," was probably David Klinger. Akili was a crash and burn, but it seemed that Klinger was around for an eternity and could never make a pass longer than 10 yards.

And for the record, I don't really care about the situation with TKO or Dillon. I don't really understand what all the outrage is about. Sure, I wish the way they had left the team was different, but all that's in the past. Let bygones be bygones. Both of those guys gave a little reason for hope that you might win a game or two, unlike some certain quarterbacks of the 90s.

Odd sidenote: I had a dream where I read in the paper that David Klingler died. But it was front-page news in the Sports section, so that's how I knew it was a dream.

I would have to say that mine is a tie between TKO and Leon. At least Dillon left for a place where he knew he would win...TKO left for the greener pastures of Buffalo, unconvinced of Marvin's ability to coach, and the Bills haven't done anything since he's been there.

I don't really hate Akili or David...they sucked, but so did alot of Bengals QBs in the '90s and the years between 2000-2003. If you hate them, hate Scott Mitchell, too. Or Paul Justin. Or Gus Frerotte.

Billups was a little bit before my time as a football fan. What did he do to make it on the list? And why must people hate on Collinsworth?

BN1281

Billups was a little bit before my time as a football fan. What did he do to make it on the list?

Oh nothing much. He just dropped an easy interception the hit him right in the hands in the end zone that Joe Montana gift wrapped to him that would have sealed the win for the Bengals in Super Bowl VVXI, that's all. The very next play, a pass Montana threw won the game for the 'Niners instead!

Had he simply caught the f**kin' ball, on an easy f**kin' pass, the Bengals would have won their first Super Bowl in 1988!!

Billups was a little bit before my time as a football fan.  What did he do to make it on the list?

Oh nothing much. He just dropped an easy interception the hit him right in the hands in the end zone that Joe Montana gift wrapped to him that would have sealed the win for the Bengals in Super Bowl VVXI, that's all. The very next play, a pass Montana threw won the game for the 'Niners instead!

Had he simply caught the f**kin' ball, on an easy f**kin' pass, the Bengals would have won their first Super Bowl in 1988!!

That's all? Get over it! :lol:

*sarcasm off*

BN1281

Billups was a little bit before my time as a football fan.  What did he do to make it on the list?

I hate to dispute you BB, but Billups' drop came one play before Rice's touchdown in the third quarter. Which tied the game at 13-13. On the next series we went down and kicked a field goal to make it 16-13. Had Billups made the play we would have had a 10 point lead instead of a three point lead. Then Montana had his version of "the Drive" to win the game, 20-16.

I resented Billups for a long time for that one. Great players come up big in big games and he did not. With all of the emotion of the Stanley Wilson drug thing and Tim Krumrie breaking his leg, it took a long time for me to get over that game.

About three years ago I finally watched the game on tape. We should have won that game. Ickey Woods had a good game and we should have kept pounding the ball to eat the clock. The other disappointment was how quickly that team was dismantled. By Shula's first year (1992) the majority of those guys were either gone or on their way out.

As far as Chris Collinsworth Being an arrogant a-hole, I dont agree. I used to coach his sons Baseball team a few years back and about 2 years ago i used to umpire some of his sons games. He was a very nice person and TALKED to everyone. He was not stuck up nor was he rude. I dont know how he was on the feild because I am only 22 but I think he is a great guy. He used to spend his own money and do things special for the team all the time.

I hate to dispute you BB,

You're not disputing me, I simply stand corrected. Things get a little fuzzy when you blow your freakin' brains out on booze after a game like that!

Either way, if Billups makes the INT there, the Bengals win, and we're not sitting here over 15 years later talking about a bunch of crappy "what if's!" :(

He might find that it's a tight fit back there, since it appears that dontpushme has been doing that for him for at least a week now.

BN1281

He might find that it's a tight fit back there, since it appears that dontpushme has been doing that for him for at least a week now.

BN1281

I propose that any "dillon-talk" be moved to the NFL section since he doesn't play for this team anymore. Otherwise DontPushMe might start an Artrell Hawkins thread or something like that.

I want to talk about our new D-Coordinator and signing Rudi and TJ instead of rehasing the same old BS. CD got what he wanted so there isn't more to add. Call the glue factory, the horse is dead.

David Shula. Set the tone for a decade of awfulness with pure incompetence. Shudder just thinking about it.

Oh, and don't push me? Dillon can go F himself.

I agree with that one. He is the poster child for Ineptitude Anonymous.

In case some of you young'uns don't remember or know, Bill Cowher was hired by Pittsburgh at the same time Dave Shula was hired by Mike Brown. He's been there every since. As much as I hate to admit it, I hope the Bengals can become a team like the Steelers. A team that is in the hunt every year. They may not win it all every year but it sure beats the alternative.

We could make a huge list like that Tampa, remember Charles Fisher. I'll give my vote for the Real toast, maybe not the original toast, but Rod Jones was toast with butter and jelly, not that cheap jelly either, I'm talking strawberry preserves. Man, now I'm ticked off and hungry. Rod jones is my most hated bengal ever