Steelers are being dissed.

pimpdaddy

I can't believe that the Steelers are a 3 point underdog.

I understand that the Patriots are the defending champs, but on the road vs a team that beat them pretty good in week 8?

I think this game is the Superbowl.

The Falcons are a one man show and should flame out vs the Eagles, and the Eagles just don't have enough without TO.

Anyone pulling for the Steelers? :player:

Probably the Steelers. I'd like to see LeBeau get some proper recognition after the desaster in '02. He obviously is a good DC but that didn't translate into being a good head coach. However he always struck me as a decent guy.

As I mentioned on another post, I don't want to hear two weeks worth of Corey's transformation or his escape from hell. Why not talk about the other guys that sucked it up and didn't puss-out like Dillon. Guys that stayed here and are part of the turnaround like Brian Simmons and Willie Anderson are the ones we should be talking about.

Too bad the Raiders didn't give us that second round pick instead of the Pats. Then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...SPT02/501180369

The Enquirer has an article about Dillon and LeBeau.

Stripes of different colors

Ex-Bengal cohorts now have key roles with Steelers, Pats

By Mark Curnutte

Enquirer staff writer

PRODUCTIVE PAIR

Four of Corey Dillon's top seven career rushing games occurred when Dick LeBeau was the Bengals' head coach:

Yards Date Opp. Coach

278 10-22-00 Denver LeBeau

246 12-4-97 Tennessee Bruce Coslet

216 12-3-00 Arizona LeBeau

192 12-12-99 Cleveland Coslet

184 10-28-01 Detroit LeBeau

168 10-10-99 Cleveland Coslet

164 10-6-02 Indianapolis LeBeau

Dick LeBeau and Corey Dillon, whose fortunes once were linked as Bengals, will face off for the first time Sunday in a key matchup within the AFC championship game.

LeBeau, the former Bengals coach who returned as Pittsburgh's defensive coordinator, is responsible for coming up with a game plan that can slow down Dillon and the rest of the underrated New England offense.

Dillon, who rushed for 144 yards Sunday in the Patriots' 20-3 playoff victory against Indianapolis, gives New England offensive balance it lacked in winning two of the last three Super Bowls.

His chain-moving ability contributed to a 15-minute possession edge against the Colts and has increasingly taken pressure off quarterback Tom Brady.

Now Dillon, Brady & Co. are LeBeau's problem. The Steelers defensive coordinator didn't have to worry about Dillon on Oct. 31 in New England's regular-season visit to Pittsburgh. Dillon's thigh bruise made him miss his only game. The Steelers won 34-20.

In 2003, Dillon was inactive for the Bengals because of a groin injury for the first rematch with LeBeau, who worked as Buffalo's assistant head coach for a season.

LeBeau coached Dillon for 45 games and appreciates the eighth-year running back.

"He's a slashing, powerful runner that you have to wrap up, or he's going to carry you another three or four yards," LeBeau said Saturday night in Pittsburgh after the Steelers' 20-17 overtime victory against the Jets.

LeBeau was involved in meetings Monday and did not return a phone message. Deducible from his comment, though, will be a Pittsburgh emphasis on tackling well when Dillon has the ball.

LeBeau and Dillon shared most of the few high points from LeBeau's tenure as Bengals coach.

LeBeau's first coaching victory came in 2000 when Dillon broke Walter Payton's 23-year-old single-game rushing mark with 278 yards.

The Bengals upset Denver 31-21 that afternoon. Four days later, LeBeau and Dillon both were overcome with emotion when LeBeau presented a commemorative plaque to Dillon.

"In my brief tenure as coach of the Bengals, let me assure you this is the most enjoyable task I've had to perform," LeBeau told Dillon. "The accomplishments of you and your teammates are a great source of pride to your teammates, to the Bengal organization, to the city of Cincinnati. And, Corey, we're very, very proud of you."

After LeBeau handed the plaque to Dillon, the two men embraced.

LeBeau would joke often in 2000 with offensive coordinator Ken Anderson through the headsets: "Kenny, I'd like to run the ball."

LeBeau had started 0-3.

He had been promoted to coach from defensive coordinator three games into the 2000 season. Bruce Coslet had quit.

The first move LeBeau made offensively was to increase Dillon's workload and decrease quarterback Akili Smith's.

"That was his thing," Bengals right tackle Willie Anderson said Monday of LeBeau's penchant for the running game. "He told us we were going to run it. Passes went down. We couldn't pass."

Smith had thrown 43 and 41 times in the first two games with Coslet calling plays. Dillon would set his single-season rushing record of 1,435 with the Bengals in 2000 and a career high with 340 carries in a full season under LeBeau in 2001.

Dillon broke both of his personal bests this season with New England, rushing 345 times for 1,635 yards in 15 games.

But Dillon enjoyed success during LeBeau's watch and was part of the 8-9 run that spanned 2000 and 2001 and gave hope to long-suffering fans. Dillon had 14 games with 100 or more rushing yards and accumulated four of his top seven career rushing games with LeBeau as coach.

LeBeau even recommended Dillon to Patriots coach Bill Belichick when they were considering the April trade with the Bengals that brought Dillon to New England.

With Dillon running the ball in New England, the Patriots finished seventh in rushing - up from 27th in 2003.

With LeBeau calling the defense, Pittsburgh finished first in run defense - up from 12th in 2003.

I understand that the Patriots are the defending champs, but on the road vs a team that beat them pretty good in week 8?

You've also got to remember the last time the Patriots came through Pittsburgh in the playoffs they went on to win their first Superbowl. The Pats are favourites and rightly so, they destroyed the Colts (who everyone thought would give them a game at least) and we struggled against the Jets in a game that we were lucky to win. Plus just think how far do rookie QB's go in the post season?

Anyway, I like being the underdog, it takes away a lot of the pressure.

Good to see divisional rival fans on our side, even if the motives are more anti Dillon than anything else. You're a good lot you Bengal fans. :D

I'm rooting for the Steelers more for the AFC North connection than the Dillon factor. I just want to see the AFC North represented in the Super Bowl, as long as it's not the Crows.

Besides, Steelers fans talk tons of smack the week of the game, but after the game is over you guys calm down and have good input in discussions that involve our team, rather than constantly coming back and rehashing the same five facts over and over again and telling us how much we suck (who am I talking about?).

BN1281

I think this game is the Superbowl.

The Falcons are a one man show and should flame out vs the Eagles, and the Eagles just don't have enough without TO.

Anyone pulling for the Steelers? :player:

The handicappers aren't looking to set a line that indicates who will win. They set a line that will (to the best of their ability) even out the betting on both sides. Thus, what they're looking to do is read the minds of the betting public. On this game, I would think it should be crystal clear after the Jets almost (ie, should have) beat the Steelers in Pitt. and NE blew out Indy in what was supposed to be a close game that the line would favor the Pats.

However, you don't have to look any further than last week's line on the NE game (1.5) to know that the line was waaaaaayyy off on that one. So, the best revenge is beating the crap out of the defending SB champs for the second time this year. I guess that answers who I want to win as well.

This is one game that's a lose lose for me. Iwil NEVER, EVER, EEEEVVVER root for the Steelrs to win a game, my heart just won't allow it. I also can't root for the Patsies just because Brady was a UM QB. Unless the make the bengals I will never root for a UM player. I had a good discussion with my pop last night about how we would probably like Big Ben if he played on another team.

I want them to do a piece that tells it like it is:

"Corey Dillon: I Don't Bitch When We Win!"

BN1281

I want them to do a piece that tells it like it is:

"Corey Dillon: I Don't Bitch When We Win!"

BN1281

:lol: That's freakin' perfect BN!! That's the reality of Corey Dillon. Of course the Pats and their fans presently love Corey Dillon. He's undeniably one of the top 5 RB's in the league, and always a threat to break off a big chunk of yardage anytime he has the ball. He also is a perfect fit for their offense, and I believe will be the main factor in the Patriots beating the Steelers in tomarrows AFC Championship game! (Which BTW will be a far better game than what the Super Bowl will end up being!)

The truth is that there is more than one side to this man. There is the one that now exists in New England, and who also existed here in Cincy for the better part of his career. I LOVED that guy!

Then there is the "Leon" side the Patriots might have heard about, but doubt it's existance only because they haven't seen it...yet. But just be patient. He's still there. He's just lying dormant until things don't happen as he see's fit. It may be if he gets injured, and while he's out recovering for a few weeks, and a new young back fills in and does so in an impressive fashion, as Rudi did. That tends to take the luster right off your "I'm the only good RB in town" persona.

Or it may be, although I see it as a little less likely than the first scenario for obvious reasons, that the Patriots find that the rest of the league has caught up with them in depth and talent! History shows that nobody stays on top forever. (Do I need to mention the San Francisco Forty Niners, Dallas Cowboys, or the Green Bay Packers to prove this point?) Losing breeds frustration, and when Corey gets frustrated, that's when the transformation takes place.

Suddenly you find yourself realizing the guy you idolized for so long just changed into "Leon" right before your very eyes!! :blink: We know...we've seen it! Eventually they will too.