Shaun Alexander

WHO DEY AGAIN?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how other posters stand on this topic, as I haven't been checking this site for a few weeks, but I say we can pull a sign-and-trade with Rudi and sign Alexander. How nice would that be? I think he would be better in stripes than Rudi!

You can disagree but Shaun would be a great pickup :player:

I'm not posting this to dis Rudi. I would love to have Rudi back. I think he is a top 10 back in the NFL and that's saying something. I think Shaun is an elite back that would love to come home and finish his career. He carried the Seahawks to the playoffs on his back. He would love to come home and it's a good way for Bengals fans to let him know. Check out his site. I've bought a few items on the store site. The money goes to a good cause and the autograph stuff is a great deal. Who led the NFL in rushing this year?

I'm not posting this to dis Rudi. I would love to have Rudi back. I think he is a top 10 back in the NFL and that's saying something. I think Shaun is an elite back that would love to come home and finish his career. He carried the Seahawks to the playoffs on his back. He would love to come home and it's a good way for Bengals fans to let him know. Check out his site. I've bought a few items on the store site. The money goes to a good cause and the autograph stuff is a great deal. Who led the NFL in rushing this year?

Curtis Martin by one yard.

But seriously, I think Marvin is a big "chemistry" guy and it seems like Rudi is a big part of the offensive package and the overall makeup of this team. With the unknown factor of Chris Perry, I can't see the Bengals letting him go and bringing in a guy that is more expensive.

BTW WDA I posted on Shaun's website about how I wanted him to come home and be a Bengal. I wonder if he actually reads that stuff 

Yes, he reads it. He has responded to the fans on a few pages. I think a outpouring of Bengals fans would show him that we are serious. There is no doubt he will get alot of offers but I think Shaun will really consider the Bengals because it's home and he is still a fan. He was really impressed with the number of fans that came out for his homecoming last year. I'm sure Mike Brown noticed as well.

After the season winds down and he looks and there is a number of posts from Bengals fans....Well, I think he'll really feel good about that. After that, who knows?

Wow! That doesn't sound like Shaun at all. I know he and Holmgren have not always seen eye to eye. Maybe there is more to it and this is the push he needs to leave or at least a good excuse.

The straight scoop on the story from the Seattle Times in a column by Les Carpenter:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/spor...8637_les03.html

"For three straight plays, Alexander carried the ball from the Falcons' 16 to the shadow of the end zone. Then, instead of handing off to Alexander for the crowning run that would have tied him with the Jets' Curtis Martin with 1,697 yards, Holmgren called for a quarterback sneak. He sent Matt Hasselbeck lunging over the line, passing arm outstretched, until Hasselbeck disappeared in a pile of Falcons jerseys.

"We were going to win anyway, we were on the freaking goal line, and I got stabbed in the back," Alexander said in the locker room afterward before being quieted by a Seahawks media-relations employee.

Too late, the words were out.

Later, as he walked out of the stadium, Alexander paused by the exit and said: "We didn't want to win that rushing title."

Asked if when he said "we" he meant Holmgren, he said, "Yes."

Asked again if he was sure he wanted to say this on a day the Seahawks won their way into a division championship, he again said, "Yes."

Then he added, "Please make sure I'm saying this in the nicest way possible."

Hard to spin this in any positive way for Alexander. It looks bad. It smells bad. It sounds bad.

Completely agree Kirk. If you have a problem in the first place don't go spouting off to the media. Rudi would never do something like this and we don't need another Corey.

However, I didn't think that Shaun was that type of guy and this could be one time where he just got a little mad and opened his mouth when he shouldn't have(like after you win and clinch you division) Of course, if it happens once it can happen again!

BB - I think my problem, along with what you said, is they won the game, clinched the division and secured at least one home game. If he had a problem, again, as you noted, why are finding out about this nationally? Perhaps Alexander IS a prima donna.

I would have paid loads more for Alexander than Rudi, but now, I'm quickly changing my mind.

Once again I couldn't agree with you more. Football is a team game and his team just won the division and all he can think about is being one yard short of a rushing title. He would have been happy with the bengals in the 90's. We could have run him to death and still lose every game like we did with CD :lol:

But stuff like this just shows you how important a guy like Rudi is on the team!!

Rudi needed 1 more yard to have six 100 yard games

in a season ...that would have broke ANOTHER record

for a Bengals RB.

I didn`t hear him bitch about that AT ALL.

Johnson erases Dillon's name in 2 categories

Running back just misses 3rd mark

By Mark Curnutte

Enquirer staff writer

PHILADELPHIA - The tone of Rudi Johnson's voice and the look on his face were those of a man who knew he had earned every yard he had gained and every dollar that was about to come his way in free agency.

With his 28-carry, 99-yard performance Sunday against the Eagles, the Bengals' fourth-year running back set two franchise records. His 1,454 rushing yards and 361 rushing attempts erased Corey Dillon's name twice from the team's record book.

He came up 1 yard shy of a third team record with what would have been his sixth 100-yard rushing game in a season.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art.../501030362/1066

I`d be happy with Rudi OR Alexander though. ;)

I`d be happy with Rudi OR Alexander though. ;)

How can you possibly still consider getting him? :o

You guys preached to me how awful these "Leon" types are. Just look at what Dillon has done to the Patriots. :unsure:

If I were you, I would never want this "cancer" on the Bengals! He would surely ruin team chemistry, and the Bengals would return to being the Bungles! :(

If you guys would read the entire article and all of the facts you would probably understand more.

Alexander is not how you guys are making him out to be. It's funny how one week you can love the guy and want him in Cincinnati then after one little incident you say things like you dont want this "cancer" on the team.

You have to think if you were an NFL RB the rushing title would probably be on the top of your list right next to the Super Bowl. Alexander who literally carried this team to the playoffs came up one yard short for the NFL RUSHING TITLE. This is not the Bengals single season most 100-yard games record that you all seem to be comparing it with.

What makes this all the more enteresting is that his coach doesn't seem to like him very mch. Now wouldn't you feel like you'd been stabbed in the back? After the game with the adrenaline still running through his vains yeah I'm sure he was quite angry and had a huge chip on his shoulder, it's better to get it out now than carry it into the playoffs? Right? He obviously is not happy in Seattle and has never gotten the recognition he deserves, obviously that 1 yard would have brought it to him.

Just think a little before you say things like he is a "cancer". In a five season carrer this is the only thing remotely negative I have ever heard about this guy. He has always been a class act and has been invovled in charities. Say what you will but I would love this guy in Cincinnati.

OK, sometimes in the heat of battle you can get angry and say stuff. But he is in the last year of his contract anyway, if him and Mike don't get along then don't resign with the seahawks at the end of the season, but to blow up to the media after your team clinches the division and earns a trip to the playoffs you don't do that. That is bad for the locker room and don't think for a sec that his team (esecially oline)didn't take a little offense to that. These are the little things that marvin stays away from.