Unhappy Anniversary

jditty47

UN-HAPPY ANNIVERSARY: Dec. 2, 1990. The last time the Bengals beat a winning team on the road in a 16-12 victory at Three Rivers Stadium over the 6-5 Steelers. The Bengals try to break the streak Sunday at 7-4 Baltimore and maybe they have some karma on their side. The CBS-TV analyst for the game is Solomon Wilcots, the Bengals starting free safety in that win that pushed the Bengals to 7-5 and into their last playoff berth.

It apparently isn't a hot topic in the current locker room. Linebacker Brian Simmons, a seven-year veteran, claimed Thursday, "I've never heard of that streak."

Man that is pathetic...i cannot believe that streak. We better end it sunday.

Deion Sanders, Orlando Brown and Jamal Lewis look to be out, and Todd Heap is iffy on the Baltimore side. Boller still mostly sucks. And we can move the ball on these guys. Palmer had like 300 yards passing last time and Rudi was 2 yards shy of 100. I don't know if the Bengals will win, but they could have hardly asked for more favorable circumstances.

he probably just said that.

anyways, yeah if we lose sunday we have a LONG way to go before we ever state ourselves as the best in our division...if we can't beat the ravens while missing there best offensive weapon and a hurt todd heap, we'll never beat them when they're all healthy. I'll admit we got our injury's, but we don't have willie anderson out, rudi johnson out and like chad johnson injured playing.

It apparently isn't a hot topic in the current locker room. Linebacker Brian Simmons, a seven-year veteran, claimed Thursday, "I've never heard of that streak."

You've gotta be sh***ing me! What topics do the coaches bring up to inspire the player for such games!?! :wacko: A trip to the icecream parlor after the game if they win!?! :lol:

Or is it Brian ain't listening? Either way, that's inexcusable!

Talking about not being able to win is not something you use for motivation.....

You talk about POSITIVES like beating Washington on the road, and the offense finally coming together last week. You talk about wins and how to win.

You talk about how the defense needs to come back together and play like they had been playing and the fact that Boller will turn the ball over if the Bengals defense continues to lead the league in interceptions.

You talk about Carson Palmer finally starting to throw more touchdowns than interceptions, and Rudi making people miss.

You don't motivate on negatives, it doesn't work.

I believe we should have a good game this time. My key point is, if we can keep the Ravens D out of the endzone, we should be ok. Don't throw the ball towards Ed Reed, aka Magnet Hands! If we win the turnover battle, we should win the game. :player:

Here's an interesting stat about Ed reed that was in the Enquirer this morning.

Interceptions: The Ravens are 5-0 this season and 13-2 in three seasons when Reed has an interception. They are 2-4 this season when he doesn't get one.

You don't motivate on negatives, it doesn't work.

Telling them now is the time to end this streak would be a negative? :blink:

I would think if the players were all aware of it, nobody would want it to continue and the players would play even harder to accomplish that!

I know if I was a player and I knew of this streak, I'd be totally consumed with bringing it to an end! :player: Maybe it's just me, and my intolerance for personal embarrassment.

Maybe it's just me, and my intolerance for personal embarrassment.

Geeze! Now I'm thinking why am I even a Bengal fan at all? I'm a sado-masochistic football fan I suppose! :lol: One head headed S.O.B., that's me!