Still tired of all the negative talk??

BengalBax

Nice defense Marvin, keep up the good work!

Excuse me. I believe the person responsible for the defenses performance is it's coordintor, who unfortunately for us is Leslie Frazier. Without a doubt his players were ill prepared for the game in both the terms of physical and mental readiness. Even if the whole unit was without injury and playing, it wouldn't have made much difference due to an inferior defensive gameplan and poor use of sets and schemes, all under the immediate control of the defensive coordinator!

Like I said in another thread, every other aspect of the Bengals has improved at least modestly. At the QB position the improvement is even more than modest, and promises to rise to among the leagues elite!! But the defense appears to actually be less effective (and I didn't think this could be possible <_< ) against both the run AND the pass!

We have many good defensive players that have shown great ability in their football careers, be it college or pro's. How they all are molded into a cohesive defense is soley the responsibility of Leslie Frazier, and frankly he is failing. His time clock it ticking... <_<

Excuse me. I believe the person responsible for the defenses performance is it's coordintor, who unfortunately for us is Leslie Frazier.

Yep, somewhat. But remember, it was MARVIN who wanted Nate Webster so badly. It was MARVIN who was happy with our d-line. Marvin is the guy responsible for HIRING Leslie Frazier if I am correct? I just don't get it guys. Priase for Marvin also means you need to make him responsible for making bad calls. And I will also add this...

If Rudi Johnson keeps playing like this, we will look like FOOLS on the Dillon trade.

Case closed.

Can anyone think of even one bright spot on the defense?

Umm...no.

What about Landon Johnson? Seemed to play quite well. A lot of tackles, and a forced fumble...

stats arent everything buddy, he played terrible vs the rush.

Excuse me. I believe the person responsible for the defenses performance is it's coordintor, who unfortunately for us is Leslie Frazier. Without a doubt his players were ill prepared for the game in both the terms of physical and mental readiness. Even if the whole unit was without injury and playing, it wouldn't have made much difference due to an inferior defensive gameplan and poor use of sets and schemes, all under the immediate control of the defensive coordinator!

Like I said in another thread, every other aspect of the Bengals has improved at least modestly. At the QB position the improvement is even more than modest, and promises to rise to among the leagues elite!! But the defense appears to actually be less effective (and I didn't think this could be possible <_< ) against both the run AND the pass!

We have many good defensive players that have shown great ability in their football careers, be it college or pro's. How they all are molded into a cohesive defense is soley the responsibility of Leslie Frazier, and frankly he is failing. His time clock it ticking... <_<

I'm glad I read this ...... Bax is right about 1 thing. Coach Lewis is responsible for the entire team .... and that is exactly why he is going to s**tcan Frazier. You got to remember that Frazier wasn't his first choice for dc anyway. He did come with a very good reference tho and maybe that is what swayed Lewis.

You should also remember that one of our additions in the off season was a former defensive coordinator .............. Coincidence ??? maybe .... maybe not.

You should also remember that one of our additions in the off season was a former defensive coordinator .............. Coincidence ??? maybe .... maybe not.

He came in as a part-time, temporary advisor if I remember correctly. And he would make a great d-coordinator here.

You win some, you lose some, but defenses aren't supposed to be THAT obviously bad.

He came in as a part-time, temporary advisor if I remember correctly. And he would make a great d-coordinator here.

You win some, you lose some, but defenses aren't supposed to be THAT obviously bad.

Actually, he's full-time. Chuck Bresnahan Defensive assistant "nickel/3rd down" coach....I have a feeling he'll soon be a coordinator.

I have a feeling he'll soon be a coordinator.

Well we can only hope, because with the offense looking so promising as it did today, it's just a shame to have a defense that is as bad as the offense is good!

Personally I have little confidence in Frazier being able to turn the direction and change the mindset of the defensive unit as it currently exists. During his tenure here it's been a steady decline from being in the top half of the NFL defenses, to being one the leagues very bottom rated defenses.

What's even more depressing is I see no signs whatsoever that would indicate a change upward from that, even if all the players were back from injuries and playing.

In Marvin I STILL Trust, but unless he deals with this issue and SOON, that trust will surely fade away.

Excuse me. I believe the person responsible for the defenses performance is it's coordintor, who unfortunately for us is Leslie Frazier.

Yep, somewhat. But remember, it was MARVIN who wanted Nate Webster so badly. It was MARVIN who was happy with our d-line. Marvin is the guy responsible for HIRING Leslie Frazier if I am correct? I just don't get it guys. Priase for Marvin also means you need to make him responsible for making bad calls. And I will also add this...

If Rudi Johnson keeps playing like this, we will look like FOOLS on the Dillon trade.

Case closed.

You say case colsed too much dude. It's pretty funny. :lol:

man i aint putting full blame on frazier at all.  Marvin helps him with the playcalling and play design/making.  And he aint on the field.

:blink: Like being on the field during the game versus up in the team box makes any difference on how well the defensive squad is prepared? If you're hoping to fix problems as the game is being played, like the the ones the Bengals endured Sunday, that just tells me you're not properly preparing and motivating the players during the previous weeks practices!

Those very practices when Leslie Frazier IS on the practice field working on sets and situations, and is in the film room going over next opponents game films with his defense. Basically no other member of the coaching staff, BAR NONE, has more influence on the preformance of the defensive players than he!

I mean you saw the replays of the Jets game! The reaction of the Bengals linebackers and secondary to the Jets formations, especially with men in motion before the snap, was just like showing your slobbering dog a card trick! They follow the fake motion one way...while the card goes undetected the other! :lol:

Now I'm not totally blaming Frazier...not in the least. Marvin certainly does bear a part of it too, I'd say about 25% at the present. Now if this piss poor defensive play continues too much longer, Coach Lewis's blame in this matter will grow steadily until he DOES remove Frazier from his defensive coordinator position, and replace him with somebody who can light a fire under the defenses asses! It's beginning to appear the Leslie is out of matches! <_<

Marvin can't stop being the head coach to make sure Frazier has every little defensive detail ready for next Sundays game. Sure, he'll help out as all head coaches do with designing defenses, disguising blitzes and the like, but the practice, timing, and execution of these things fall squarely on the coordinators shoulders.

I'm hoping Frazier can handle this load and reverse the direction of the defense. He has a disadvantage by not having a player like David Fulcher was on the field and helping call the correct defense when the offense changes it up on you. I'm sure the current defensive captain may be responsible for this type of on field leadership, but he's just not nearly as good as Fulcher was. Few were.

I'm sure they'll be at work bright and early tomorrow morning, and they'll have some sort of meeting with Marvin and the rest of the coaching staff to discuss what went wrong with the defense and why. Then hopefully they can outline what they must do to prevent what happened in the last game against Cleveland in November, more recently the preseason game against the Atlanta, and today against the Jets from happening again.

If they fail, Cincy may never see another NFL playoff game again, and that sucks!! :player:

Jets 31 Bengals 17 in the fourth quarter.

Case closed.

That doesn't even sound right coming from you.....that's like Barbarian starting this topic.

Weren't you the same one talking about how the Bengals would get stomped?

I will admit, you were right about Williams playing CB, but he's a rookie....why wouldn't Pennington pick on him?

Wait a minute :unsure: You're being sarcastic.....I guess I didn't bother to read your entire post....lol

whoops

Jets 31 Bengals 17 in the fourth quarter.

Case closed.

That doesn't even sound right coming from you.....that's like Barbarian starting this topic.

Weren't you the same one talking about how the Bengals would get stomped?

I will admit, you were right about Williams playing CB, but he's a rookie....why wouldn't Pennington pick on him?

Wait a minute :unsure: You're being sarcastic.....I guess I didn't bother to read your entire post....lol

whoops

I'm glad you caught the sarcasm. Half way through reading your post, I was afraid that I'd have to be the one to point it out to you :lol: