General 2024 Training Camp Thread

It will be interesting to see what Dax does.    I think he has the ability to be a good blitz off the edge.   Do they blitz boundary corners that much?   Just seems its mostly slot CB guys that blitz.      I thought he had solid first few games last year but the secondary was just never what it was before clearly Lou put last year on the safeties considering they've changed out the starters and it seems Battle will be an after thought early.     I know Dax had a bunch of dropped INTs.   I think the potential is there to be a really good player.   Hope it works out.

Trent Brown has put up some elite level PFF pass protection seasons with NE.  However TB got the ball out quick.    Hopefully he can replicate that in this system.   Then it would be nice to bring Mims in the jumbo packages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Burton…

Saw a rough report about his maturity concerns being a very real problem. To such a degree that they don’t trust him so much, he may not be active on game days.

Again… hey Housh come get your boy !!

Eh, he’s 23. I remember 23. If I met 23 year old me I’d beat the hell out of him. He was a dumbass. He’s got a good team around him, hopefully he takes advantage of it.

Yeah, I get 23.  We have a 25 year old "kid" working with us on a temp basis and it takes all I have to listen to the nonsense that flies out of his mouth.  I wasn't a complete idiot at 23, but if you would have given me the coin Burton just got, I would have been uncontrollable.

Thing is, I wasn't an NFL player with the expectations that come along with that.
If there are trust issues between him and Burrow, who has commented about Burton needing to get in the playbook, that at least gives pause.  Do I think this has long term problem written on it?  No, but it sure would be nice to see him follow through on his own words in stating what happened in college is not who he is.  I think he has great potential.  I'm just hoping it's realized.

I hope they don't healthy scratch him, but if the reports are accurate, that would certainly send a message.
I guess we will see soon.  I'm still rooting for the kid and think he has a great opportunity to be very successful here.
Hope he doesn't develop a terminal case of "Two Cent Head"...

So far, I am getting Slim15 vibes

All the talent in the world and no common sense

I am rooting for him that he finds his mature adult self sooner rather than later.  Dont want any more jumping off the back of moving trucks or suchlike.  We could use another star-level receiver

Just imagine a 4 WR look with Gesicki as the WR3 and Burton as the WR4.  The other team's CB4 will try to cover him