Steelers Talk

skyline

The Steelers are better than last year (hard not to be) but still have some big issues -- like the o-line and the secondary (Terrell Owens was Terrell Open most of last night, but McNabb couldn't hit spit long). If they go to the playoffs, it will only be because the Ravens and Bengals fell down.

The Steelers are better than last year (hard not to be) but still have some big issues -- like the o-line and the secondary (Terrell Owens was Terrell Open most of last night, but McNabb couldn't hit spit long). If they go to the playoffs, it will only be because the Ravens and Bengals fell down.

Yea. Plus let's not forget when LaBlow was in Pitt as the D-coord, they were very tough; hopefully he does well though -- I've always liked him as a coach and person (just not the head coach of the BEngals), but not at the expense of the our stripes. :D

I watched some of the Steelers v.s. Eagles game last night. Staley looked to be running hard. Roethlisberger was thowing a very nice ball. He was throwing hard and accurated. Roethlisberger and Plaxico will make for a good combination. Roethlisberger will be starting before too long.

Roth could be one of the best QBs in the league when he gets a few years under his belt.

ive heard on every nfl live this year that the steelers bengals ravens will be in the playoffs so i guess they cant make up there minds or we have a better division then people say we do. so i dont understand how all of them think the 3 of us will be in the playoffs lol who knows

From a Thread at NFL Smackdown.com called Domination!!!

I went to the Steelers game.  The blow-out was worse than what the score indicated.  The Texans looked like a high school team against the mighty Steelers.

The Texans are a f**king High School Team.

Did anyone catch the dominating Steelers!!!

2 weeks in a row the Steelers looked sharp!.....

As long as the injuries hold out then the Steelers should take the divion with ease........

Let's see if they can continue with the Eagles???

Aren't the Steelers 1 and 1 so far ?

One Pre-season win and you have them taking the Division with Ease ?

Yea let's wait and see how they do against the Eagles before we go on a Crown them SB Champs.

But don't worry about The Steelers because the Bownie Fans have already written them off.

These Quotes are from the WaterCooler:

Is the black and urine going to be the door mat????:

I'm not much of a football expert but from what I've seen so far this year it would seem that everyone in the divison has improved themselves significantly, except the squealers. Am I wrong???.....

OK, now I'll beat the dead horse once more and say that the addition of Garcia, Winslow, Garmon, Holdman, Smith, Brown, and McCown and the return of Green, Suggs, Faine, Verba, and Brown accompanied by a, once AGAIN, rededicated Warren .. I believe that we are massivly improved!!

Does all this bring us up to the standards of the others in the division?

Don't know, but I do know that Pukesburg seems to have taken a step back from last year.

Simmons is out for the year further depleting a line that was the main reason for their lousey record last year.

Roouetherlousebiggert May be good down the road, BUT, that is then and we are talkin bout NOW!!!

Staley will help I suppose but other than that is there much improvement? I don't think so.

It may be wishful thinking but I would sure enjoy wiping my feet on them this year!!!!!!!!

Big Ben = Big Flop

Why: He has been playing against MAC defenses in college.

And don't get me wrong, I love the MAC, played for BGSU, but it still is a different style than an Ohio State or Michigan.

Turn-over Tommy is going to get worked...ha ha ha

Who knows if Ben will be good or not. Who cares?

The steelers will be at the bottom of the div this year I think.

Doormat... urinal cake... it's all the same.

Looks like a tight North this year:

The Bungles looked awfully good tonight vs. NE.......The Cinci starters beat NE 28-3..........solid performance by Palmer too.......

3-way race for the top.......

Pitt will round us out at the bottom for sure........

Baltimore may win this division, but the Browns will finish no worse than second.

Book it!

I have no idea just WTF makes them Think that the Browns are the team to beat ?

The Browns were Division Champs or something last year ?

Oh wait I have to get this one in.....

Well if ya wanna get technical, our players won a super bowl masked as Ravens players.

Actually I am more impressed with the Steelers win this week over the Eagles in Philadelphia than I was of their blow-out of the Texans at home last week.

All and all they are looking pretty good but then again so are The Bengals.

If any of you still remember me I'm a Steeler fan. Look, this year is going to be tough, I personally can't see us going to the playoffs. This year we are going to try and establish the run once again - I like that idea but with Kendell Simmons out for the year we have a weaker O line. Also our depth isn't too good at that position. Our D still needs a lot of improving too.

If I was to say a team to beat in our division, and it kills me to say this but, it would have to be the Ravens.

The Browns are still a joke, gay boy Jeff Garcia and "soldier" Winslow will help but not enough to make them the team "to beat".

You guys look good but not great this year. Palmer however looks awesome but your D had a trouble the other week in a preseason game, I think the Falcons.

If any of you still remember me I'm a Steeler fan.

I think I may remember. Aren't you the British lad that has inexplicably gravited to the black and yellow clad Steeler masses? B)

As far as your comment about Pittsburgs playoffs hopes, a vast majority of your bretheren view it quite differently, and are booking 2005 :lol: Super Bowl tickets as we speak!!

In any case, glad to have you back for a visit. Don't be such a stranger, especially when we play our 2 games against each other this season. You seem to have a more lucid and realistic outlook than most of your fans, but then again...you never know! :wacko:

That last browns comment is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

Technically they were browns players wearing ravens uniforms?

Wasn't there another team called the browns in this league in 2000? Did they not cheer for that team? Sheesh.

As to the Steelers, I can't say. But they are either going to be great or terrible. I don't see them being in the middle.

If any of you still remember me I'm a Steeler fan.

I think I may remember. Aren't you the British lad that has inexplicably gravited to the black and yellow clad Steeler masses? B)

I certainly am that guy but I have, in my eyes, very good reason for supporting the Steelers.

I never left but my visits back here have been infrequent the last few months and have taken more of a backseat to discussions. This one caught my eye and I had to offer my opinion. And that's what football is about, it's all about opinions until game day begins. Last year, who would seriously have picked Carolina to go to the Superbowl or Seattles home record to have been so awesome or even the Steelers to suck so much :D ?

Maybe it's my English spirit, the bad weather depresses us and so we don't like to get our hopes up. I'm optimistic, I think we'll have a better season than last but I like to be realistic too. Our division is seriously more competitive now. We could be looking at two teams going to the playoffs.