Chargers @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

The social media crew has definitely stepped it up over the last two years or so. I pretty much hate Instagram, but I've kept mine up just to keep tabs on what the Bengals are posting there. A lot of it is clearly oriented towards younger fans, and I think that's a great thing. New enthusiasm from a new generation untethered by the agony of the entire Marvin tenure, the '90s, and two Super Bowl losses is exactly what this franchise needs.

• Like 1

Right tackle Bryan Bulaga and right guard Trai Turnerare both listed as questionable for Week One. Bulaga was added to the injury report on Thursday as a limited participant due to a hamstring injury while Turner was added after not practicing on Friday because of a knee issue.

Bulaga signed with the Chargers as a free agent this offseason and Turner was acquired in a trade with the Panthers.

Wide receiver Mike Williams was also listed as questionable due to the shoulder injury he suffered during a practice last month. Tight end Virgil Green(quad) is the only other player listed as questionable for Los Angeles.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/11/bryan-bulaga-trai-turner-mike-williams-questionable-for-chargers/

On our side, Geno has been ruled out for Sunday.

1 hour ago, UK Bengal said:

according to the game preview on NFL.com we added nothing spectacular on Defence (poor research) oh and apparently the Chargers added improvement at LB with 100 tackle man Nick Vigil who will be tasked with stopping Joe Mixon  LMRLAO  

Yeah (almost) no one is giving them a chance.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/picks

From da site:

The Bengals today elevated DE Amani Bledsoe and S Trayvon Henderson from the practice squad to the active roster for tomorrow's game against the Los Angeles Chargers. The team's active roster now stands at 55 players.

As practice squad players being elevated to the active roster for the game, both Bledsoe and Henderson automatically will revert to the practice squad on Monday.