Sixth Round #197: S Derron Smith

To me, Smith frestyles the way Ndukwe used to. Abandons his role and "guesses" on plays. Has good ballhawking skills, so there's that upside. But does not have the physical tools to handle TEs in coverage, or the speed to really play centerfield. SO, he's a ST guy... could have been had as an UDFA, IMHO. WR still unaddresed, so what gives?

Why do you think he would go undrafted? If not for the hernia surgery, which I don't know enough about yet, he is day 1 talent. I can see him playing quite a bit on defense, not just ST's, in the future.

ArmyBengal alert!

@JoeGoodberry: That could happen. I like Smith more than Shawn Williams. https://t.co/dFC43NB8X6

There you go. While I won't get all geeked up over the thought of Smith starting someday, I still don't care for the Shawn Williams pick.

We have yet to see him flash anything near the "Chris Crocker Jr." tag he got when drafted.

Evidenced by not being able to beat out a 5th rounder (I love Iloka) for the job.