Bengals @ Browns Game Thread

ArmyBengal

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they know the offensive plays being called like last time, we're dead before we get started

Hawins did his homework, but guys get traded all the time. They've got to change the language. I would think that's something ALL teams deal with.

As far as what happens Sunday, regardless of the outcome i will not be surprised.

This is one if those NFL seasons that 'Any Given Sunday' could not be more prevalent!

So why are sacks down?

Of course a lot of the reason is losing guys on defense, I really think Zimmer leaving is having a bigger impact then I thought.

Last year the LB had 9 sacks, this year they have 0! Paul was Zimmers guy to come up with blitzes, and in the first 3 games of the season he was doing that. He stopped blitzing and has counted on the front 4 to generate sacks, and they have not. I remember Merial Hodge saying that Cincy had the best blitzing defense, he said that in the beginning of the year, but why did Paul stop? He needs to find a way to blitz again, generate pressure in these last 3 games, if they want to get to the playoffs. The CBs are having to cover for way to long!!

Bring back the blitz Paul, you were the guy before to do it, so show it now!

So why are sacks down?

Of course a lot of the reason is losing guys on defense, I really think Zimmer leaving is having a bigger impact then I thought.

Last year the LB had 9 sacks, this year they have 0! Paul was Zimmers guy to come up with blitzes, and in the first 3 games of the season he was doing that. He stopped blitzing and has counted on the front 4 to generate sacks, and they have not. I remember Merial Hodge saying that Cincy had the best blitzing defense, he said that in the beginning of the year, but why did Paul stop? He needs to find a way to blitz again, generate pressure in these last 3 games, if they want to get to the playoffs. The CBs are having to cover for way to long!!

It took Zimmer 3 years to 'get there'. Guenther hasn't had Burfict all year and also lost Johnson. Give him time and personnel and I think he'll be fine.

So why are sacks down?

It took Zimmer 3 years to 'get there'. Guenther hasn't had Burfict all year and also lost Johnson. Give him time and personnel and I think he'll be fine.

Oh I think he can as well, I would like to see him blitz more, to create pressure. I'm guessing because of injury, maybe that's why he stopped, just hoping to see it the next 3 weeks

Tomorrows game is a totally important game for both teams - it's make or break time in Ohio.

For Cincy in making a strong bid to retain the AFCN crown and hit the post-season, for Cleveland to take a step toward a wildcard and even keep alive a shot at the divisional title. - all to play for.

A Bengals win and we hold advantage whatever the results of the other games, and it all but takes Cleveland out of contention for the post-season.

A loss coupled with Balt and Pitts wins puts us 3rd in the AFCN half a game off of 4th place.

Baltimore host the Jags who haven't won on the road all year and does anybody really think that trend will be reversed this weekend?

Pitts travel to Atlanta who top their division with a 5-8 record. Although the Falcons are 3-3 at home they are also 0-3 against AFC so Pitts will be favourites down there.

I know the "any given Sunday" mantra, and seeing as Cleveland are the favourites to win I am certainly hoping "any given Sunday" proves good for the Bengals. Take care of business tomorrow and just see what shakes down elsewhere .....but first and foremost take care of business !!

Tomorrows game is a totally important game for both teams - it's make or break time in Ohio.

For Cincy in making a strong bid to retain the AFCN crown and hit the post-season, for Cleveland to take a step toward a wildcard and even keep alive a shot at the divisional title. - all to play for.

A Bengals win and we hold advantage whatever the results of the other games, and it all but takes Cleveland out of contention for the post-season.

A loss coupled with Balt and Pitts wins puts us 3rd in the AFCN half a game off of 4th place.

Baltimore host the Jags who haven't won on the road all year and does anybody really think that trend will be reversed this weekend?

Pitts travel to Atlanta who top their division with a 5-8 record. Although the Falcons are 3-3 at home they are also 0-3 against AFC so Pitts will be favourites down there.

I know the "any given Sunday" mantra, and seeing as Cleveland are the favourites to win I am certainly hoping "any given Sunday" proves good for the Bengals. Take care of business tomorrow and just see what shakes down elsewhere .....but first and foremost take care of business !!

As I said before, I've been following football for many years and this is the most bizarre season I can remember. After 14 weeks of play, NOTHING can happen in ANY scheduled game that would surprise me.

Get ready to see the new, best qb in the North. Electrifying, first down machine, Johnny the KANG.

Prepare to get pwned.

Whilst the Bengals record against newbies leaves a lot to be desired I think throwing Johnny Football into the fray on a must-win game smells a wee bit of desperation.

The Browns whole season hangs on the balance of whether or not a rookie QB making his first NFL start against a divisional rival in a winner takes all encounter in front of a home crowd that has expectations not seen in a generation. The coaches have rolled the dice, it's now a case of which way they fall. A Cleveland win and all is well in Browntown and Johnny will be all over the press like syphilis on a medieval kings dickpart, a loss and will have the Cleveland coaches living under the banner of "goat" for another season.

All I hear is Johnny this and Johnny that I'm so sick of it. I can only hope the bengals destroy the Browns today just so I don't have to hear about him anymore. However just a win would be nice, just hoping this team shows us that they want this game bad!

I'm with ya vol! I was hoping (assuming) Burfict would be playing in Manziel's first game against the Bengals so he could be the first one to knock him on his butt and officially greet him to the NFL.

Concerned about what Manziel can bring to a game.

While he might not be able to read a defense like a 5 year vet, he has that ability to extend plays with his legs.

If the Bengals bring the blitz, they have to get to him.

I still expect a Bengals win today. Why ?? Because, that's why.

Here's to hoping i'm right.

So Gresham and Newman are both out today.

So we have no good catching TE playing today, I'm guessing we will see heavy set o-line today.

Kirkpatrick and Dennard should see some playing time today with Newman out.

On another game looks like Juilo Jones won't play against the Steelers, really hoping for a Steelers loss as well.

This is going to be tough game, just find a way to win Bengals