Bengals Opt Into 85% Sellout Plan

HoosierCat

As gate receipts have dropped, if they have dropped at all, tv money has offset that loss several times over.

Wondering how much the Browns are clearing after the season? We'll never know, that is the one fact I am certain of. If I had to guess, I'd say it's north of 20 million.

Wondering how much the Browns are clearing after the season? If I had to guess, I'd say it's north of 20 million.

It must be hard figuring out what to do with all that.

Most people find it hard to make ends meet, but their ends are meeting like a motherf*cker.

Contributing a million to Children's Hospital ?? No problem and when we finish that, lets go toss a few million into the fireplace and watch it burn.

There's just something so wonderful in watching the colors produced from large bills set to flame !!!

Don't get me wrong, I love what they are doing these days and am simply poking, but d*mn that's a ton of dough.

As gate receipts have dropped, if they have dropped at all, tv money has offset that loss several times over.

Yup.

Wondering how much the Browns are clearing after the season? We'll never know, that is the one fact I am certain of. If I had to guess, I'd say it's north of 20 million.

Well, a very rough estimate would go something like this: total NFL revenues are said to be about $10 billion, of which more than 80% is shared. But let's be conservative and use $8 billion of the shared amount.

Of that a bit less than half goes to the players. But for simplicity's sake we'll put it at a even split, $4 billion each. $4 billion divided by 32 teams is $125 million each.

Say they lose 40% of that to taxes, which is likely high, so knock off $50 million. And they have to pay for operations costs and staff and all that. Knock off another $50 million, which is probably ridiculously high. That still leaves the Brown family $25 million to spread around to itself. And that doesn't even start with the unshared revenues.

So yeah, I'd say north of $20 million easy, could be double or triple that.