Wraith's Bengals Draft Board

I always start my draft prep isolating 24 first round guys that I would be ok with the Bengals selecting at their position. This year I have started with 48 players since this is such a deep draft at so many positions. I have eliminated the QB, TE, RB positions and the Center position for round one, since none of these Center carries a first round grade IMHO. These are not guys I expect to be available for the Bengals but rather this isolates the pool of players the Bengals will likely start with, as guys get chosen you strike a name off the list.

1st Round:

1) Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

2) Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn

3) Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

4) Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

5) JaDeveon Clowney, DE/OLB, South Carolina

6) Khalil Mack, OLB, Buffalo

7) Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State

8) Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

9) C.J. Moseley, ILB/OLB, Alabama

10) Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

11) Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (second coming of Geno Atkins)

12) Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA

13) Hasean Clinton-Dix, FS, Alabama

14) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU

15) Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville

16) Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

17) Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State

18) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT/DE, Minnesota

19) Dee Ford, DE/OLB, Auburn

20) Xavier Sua'Filo, OG, UCLA

21) Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame

22) Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

23) Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State (reminds me of Brian Simmons for both good and bad reasons)

24) Stephon Tuitt, DE/DT, Notre Dame

Now of course any of these players that are left after the first round will flow down to the 2nd round and of course we will adjust our team needs as the first round selections are complete.

1 of the 2nd Round Pool) Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (one of my favorite players in this draft and would fit perfectly in the Bengals offense)

2) David Yankey, OG, Stanford

3) Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin

4) Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford

5) Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri

6) Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU

7) Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State

8) Dakota Dozier, OG, Furman

9) Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor

10) Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada (this guys is a sleeper 1st round pick IMHO)

11) Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State

12) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas

13) Ed Reynolds, FS, Stanford

14) Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi

15) Michael Schofield, OG/OT, Michigan

16) Marcus Martin, C, USC

17) Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin

18) Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas

19) Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State

20) Pierre Desir, CB/FS, Lindenwood (guy would be a first rounder if he wasn't coming from a small school)

21) Stanley Jean-Baptist, CB/FS, Nebraska

22) Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina (keep seeing him show up in Clowney Highlights)

23) Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida

24) Keith McGill, CB, Utah

Other Guys I really like. QB: A.J. McCarron - Alabama, David Fales - San Diego State, Jeff Mathews - Cornell. RB: none. TE: none. WR: Jarvis Landry - LSU, Jared Abbrederis - Wisconsin. OT: Billy Turner - North Dakota State, Seantrel Henderson - Miami (4th Round or lower). OG: none. C: Brian Stork - Florida State (3rd Round). DE: DeMarcus Lawrence - Boise State, Brent Urban - Virginia, Michael Sam - Missouri. DT: Ryan Carrethers - Arkansas State. LB: Jordan Zumwalt - UCLA, Jordan Tripp - Montana, Yawin Smallwood - UConn, Max Bullough - Michigan State. S: Craig Loston - LSU. CB: Aaron Colvin - Oklahoma, Brandon Dixon - Northwest Missouri State. P: Pat O'Donnell - Miami. K: Chris Boswell - Rice.

So this is a start, your suggestions are welcome and if you have a guy not mentioned please let me know so I can research him!

I'm honestly very happy with our current crop of young, developing wideouts, and would rather take a chance on another TE in r1 than another WR if one is sufficiently talented to warrant a high pick

That, and Marvin sez no WRs in r1 :-)

I dont like the slow CB from Florida, and I think the CB from Ohio State is a more and athlete and less a football player

It's funny because what Hue decided to do with Charles and what the Bengals do with Alex Smith as a free agent, I could see them drafting another TE.

Gresham is a free agent after this season and I don't think he deserves the big contract. Cutting him this year would free up some cap room.

He would be my surprise cut if they resign Alex Smith.

With that being the case, an argument will certainly be able to be made for a TE in the first few rounds.

Sanu and Marvin Jones don't become free agents until after the 2015 season.

Depending on what they do with Hawkins, I don't see much use for drafting a WR to be honest.

I won't be surprised if they do, because it always seems that way, but still.

He would have to be HANDS DOWN the best player available at that time.