Play Off picture

Scottishbengal

Posted in Bengals forum rather than NFL forum as I fully expect the Bengals to be in the playoffs, unless of course hell freezes over.

Lets see how this thing rolls week by week up until the end of the season.

AFC Wildcard

Ravens (6th) @ Colts (3rd)

Chiefs (5th) @ Bengals (4th)

lowest seed from Wildcard @ Broncos (1st)

highest seed from Wildcard @ Patriots (2nd)

NFC Wildcard

49ers (6th) @ Lions (3rd)

Panthers (5th) @ Cowboys (4th)

lowest seed from Wildcard @ Seahawks (1st)

highest seed from Wildcard @ Saints (2nd)

It is possible that a win on Sunday could vault us into 3rd seed position and line up a possible double header with the Ravens week 17 and Wildacrd (ala the Jets a couple of seasons ago). Also possible is that a win on Sunday coupled with a Browns victory in Foxboro could vault us into 2nd seed position due to the fact we beat NE earlier in the season

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really, REALLY want that 2 seed

Dear Santa .........

Latest %'s from FO:

% change of the Bengals...

Making the postseason: 98.9%

Making the AFC Championship game: 39.3%

Making the Super Bowl: 17.6%

Winning the Super Bowl: 7.3%

% Chance Super Bowl is...

Who-Dey vs. Who-Dat (CIN-NO): 2.9%

Bill Walsh Memorial Bowl (CIN-SF): 0.8%

Carson Palmer Reunion Special (CIN-AZ): 0.1%

Latest %'s from FO:

% change of the Bengals...

Making the postseason: 98.9%

Making the AFC Championship game: 39.3%

Making the Super Bowl: 17.6%

Winning the Super Bowl: 7.3%

% Chance Super Bowl is...

Who-Dey vs. Who-Dat (CIN-NO): 2.9%

Bill Walsh Memorial Bowl (CIN-SF): 0.8%

Carson Palmer Reunion Special (CIN-AZ): 0.1%

Baring further injuries (knock the wood) I really like the chances they have. Probably the best D in the AFC playoffs. Perhaps the most diverse set of offensive weapons, including Denver, and good special teams. Not a dome or warm weather team, so that's a plus.

I;m not sure who can beat Seattle right now but a Seahags-Bengals SB would be pretty epic. Who Dey - Who Dat probably a close second. I would not like to see SF again. Too much pain there.

I'd LOVE to take revenge on San Francisco .... monkey off back, dead, buried, boooyah !!!

I'd rather see The Cardinals and Palmer come to NJ in the cold and have him throw 3 pick 6's. I'm all about the easiest job possible and I see that team as the least likely to win out in the NFC playoff scheme. I'd also love to see the look on Palmer's face as the Bengals celebrate a SB win.

I'd rather see The Cardinals and Palmer come to NJ . I'd also love to see the look on Palmer's face as the Bengals celebrate a SB win.

I'd rather Palmer never got anywhere near the Superbowl ..... being a SB loser is bad s**t but at least you can spin it as "we we're good enough to get there" .. where I hope Palmer never ever does............. is that being too bitter and twisted? As if I give a crap if it is!!

No, I still ay the 49ers are unfinished business (TWICE) and would love the SB to be Cincy vs SF with SF the heavy favourites ..... stick it to 'em right up the exhaust of their Nob Hill trams !!!

I'm starting to get too excited about everything. It's so odd, to expect to make playoffs. I remember back in 2001 I was ecstatic to be 4-3 that far into the season. Usually they were out of it. Now that I expect the playoffs, getting there is nothing if you don't win. Those past 2 years losing at Houston made me sick. The Jets, Pittsburgh. I dread that feeling. Yesterday the Browns just completely blew the game. There is a good chance Cincy could be the #2 seed. It's also good to know that the Bengals have beaten the 2 teams that beat the Broncos. There is no reason the Bengals can't win the Super Bowl. Which I've waited 32 years for. I just can't imagine it. It's getting so close.

Gronkowski is done for the season with ACL and MCL injuries, so I think the chances of Cincy getting the second seed just went up. Have to take care of business in Pittsburgh.

I think Gronk ought to think about hanging it up while he still has limbs attached. There's only so many times you can ask doctors to put you back together again. Don't sacrifice your body for the rest of your life for this game. You've had your big payday.

Yesterday the Browns just completely blew the game.

I think the officials handed the game to New England ... that was a VERY soft pass intereference call at the end. Would the Pats have gotten that call if the game was in Cleveland - I doubt it.

AFC Wildcard

Ravens (6th) @ Bengals (3rd)

Chiefs (5th) @ Colts (4th)

lowest seed from Wildcard @ Denver Broncos (1st)

highest seed from Wildcard @ New England Houdini's (2nd)

NFC Wildcard

49ers (6th) @ Eagles (3rd)

Panthers (5th) @ Lions (4th)

lowest seed from Wildcard @ Seahawks (1st)

highest seed from Wildcard @ Saints (2nd)

Being the 3 seed also means that if we win game 1, we play the Patriots rather than the Broncos in game 2

MUCH rather play the Patriots than the Broncos.

Would rather be the No.2 seed and miss the wildcard round altogether. Patriots hold a one game lead over us and they have to go to Miami, Blatimore and host the Bills so it's not impossible their houdini escape act could run dry somewhere down the stretch.

Bronco's as 1st seed have to host San Diego, then visit Houston and Oakland ... with a 2 game advantage over us (not sure of the tiebreakers) I think 1st seed is all but gone from the Bengals in reality.

Here's you clinching scenarios from Reedy:

#Bengals clinch playoff spot with a win or tie and Dolphins loss or tie. Clinch division with a win or tie and Ravens loss or tie.

I don't see how we clinch the division with a tie and a Ravens tie.