STEELERS

Browns Away

Ravens Away

Dolphins Home

Bengals Home

Packers Away

Browns Home

Who's got the edge?

Reedy with a decent summary of the schedule going forward.

A weekend to sit back and watch the rest of the league beat each other up should remind everyone how good of shape the Bengals are in entering December.

They sit two games up on Pittsburgh and Baltimore with five left to play. One of those two will all but knock each other out of the division race Thursday night on NBC. The three seed is there for the Bengals to take without much resistance at the moment and a shot at the two seed not out of the question with only a one game deficit and holding the tiebreaker against New England.

What more could you ask for? A few more wins? Sure. The Bengals would love to have that first half in Miami back right about now, but you can’t draw up a much nicer path to their goals than the one presented today.

First off, here’s a look at the strength of schedule of all the AFC contenders:

Team Opp. Record Win%

Denver 25-30 0.455

New England 20-35 0.364

Indianapolis 25-30 0.455

Cincinnati 24-30-1 0.446

Kansas City 28-26 0.519

Tennessee 27-28 0.491

Pittsburgh 26-28-1 0.482

Baltimore 28-26-1 0.518

San Diego 33-22 0.6

NY Jets 27-28 0.491

Miami 27-28 0.491

What sticks out most?

— Catching New England for the No. 2 seed will be difficult after their miraculous comeback last night. They will be favored close to at TD or more in three of the last five. They travel to Houston which just lost to Jacksonville and has officially unraveled, host Brandon Weeden and the Browns then close the season at home against Buffalo.

— The Bengals number is actually a little deceiving when you consider 7-4 Indy looks nowhere near as challenging as previously thought. Since the win against Denver where Reggie Wayne went down the Colts have been shells of their former selves. They were throttled at home vs the Rams (38-8) and at Arizona (40-11), needed a wild 15-point fourth-quarter rally to barely beat Houston on a night when Gary Kubiak went down at halftime. And another second-half charge to overcome a deficit to win at Tennessee. Considering how well the Bengals have played at home, they will be favored by more than a couple in that game.

— The only game the Bengals might not be a favorite the rest of the way is at Pittsburgh. The Bengals are currently a 1.5-point favorite at San Diego. Beware the Steelers. If they can win in Baltimore, they also have three of their final four at home. They have won three in a row, all by double digits.

— This trip to San Diego looks much more daunting after the Chargers dropped a 41 nugget at the stout Kansas City defense. San Diego ranks third in the NFL in yards/play, only Philly and Green Bay are better. Huge test for this defense.

What amazed me when I glanced at the standings today is that only five -- count 'em, five -- teams in the AFC have winning records.

Gawd knows we Bengals fans are jumpy as cats, ready to leap off the bandwagon at the drop of a helmet, but the fact is that the team is bucking the hell out of the trends so far this year.

It's so weird. I had not even thought about the Bengals being two wins away from securing a winning record for the season, until today.

I just realized that I have actually come to expect this team to win -- not every game, but mainly, yes, to win.

When the hell did this happen???? I don't even recognize myself anymore!

FO's latest playoff odds report:

% Chance the Bengals...

Make the postseason: 94.2%

Make it to the AFC Championship game: 35.7%

Win the Championship game: 15.8%

Win the Super Bowl: 6.6%

% Chance of Super Bowl being...

Bill Walsh Memorial Bowl (CIN-SF): 0.7%

Carson Palmer Reunion Special (CIN-AZ): 0.2%

FO's latest playoff odds report:

% Chance the Bengals...

Make the postseason: 94.2%

Make it to the AFC Championship game: 35.7%

Win the Championship game: 15.8%

Win the Super Bowl: 6.6%

% Chance of Super Bowl being...

Bill Walsh Memorial Bowl (CIN-SF): 0.7%

Carson Palmer Reunion Special (CIN-AZ): 0.2%

In light of the location of this year's Super Bowl, this would be the best time in recent history to meet a West Coast team there. I could die a happy man if it was the 9'ers and a convincing beat down in a blizzard.

Update on the remaining AFCN schedules

BENGALS (7-4 and 1st in AFCN)

Chargers Away (3rd in AFCW at 5-6 and have a 2-2 home record)

Colts Home (1st in AFCS at 7-4 and have a 4-2 road record)

Steelers Away (3rd in AFCN at 5-7 and have a 3-2 home record)

Vikings Home (4th in NFCN at 2-8-1 and have a 0-5-1 road record)

Ravens Home (2nd in AFCN at 6-6 and have a 1-5 road record)

RAVENS (6-6 and 2nd in AFCN)

Vikings Home (4th in NFCN at 2-8-1 and have a 0-5-1 road record)

Lions Away (1st in NFCN at 7-5 and have a 4-2 home record)

Patriots Home (1st in AFCE at 8-3 and have a 2-3 road record)

Bengals Away (1st in AFCN at 7-4 and have a 5-0 home record)

BROWNS (4-7 and 4th in AFCN)

Jaguars Home (3rd in AFCS at 2-9 and have a 2-4 road record)

Patriots Away (1st in AFCE at 8-3 and have a 6-0 home record)

Bears Home (2nd in NFCN at 6-5 and have a 2-3 road record)

Jets Away (2nd in AFCE at 5-6 and have a 4-1 home record)

Steelers Away (3rd in AFCN at 5-7 and have a 3-2 home record)

STEELERS (5-7 and 3rd in AFCN)

Dolphins Home (3rd in AFCE at 5-6 and have a 2-3 road record)

Bengals Home (1st in AFCN at 7-4 and have a 2-4 road record)

Packers Away (3rd in NFCN at 5-6-1 and have a 3-2-1 home record)

Browns Home (4th in AFCN at 4-7 and have a 1-4 road record)

Bengals have 5 games, 3 home 2 road:- and play one 1st place team, one 2nd, two 3rds and one 4th.

Opponents: one has a winning record, one even record, and three losing records.

Ravens have 4 games, 2 home 2 road:- and play three 1st place teams and one 4th.

Opponents: one has a losing record and three have winning records

Steelers have 4 games 3 home and 1 road:- and play one 1st place team, two 3rds and one 4th.

Opponents: one has a winning record and three have losing records.

Browns have 5 games, 2 home, 3 road:- and play one 1st place team, two 2nds and two 3rds.

Opponents: two have winning records and three have losing records.

My predictions:

Bengals beat Colts, Steelers, Ravens, finish 10-6

Ravens beat Vikings, Pats, finish 8-8

Steelers beat Browns, finish 6-10

Browns beat Jags, finish 5-11

So you predicted the Bengals would lose to SD? Of all the games left, the Minny game looks to be the easiest on paper. I hope your predictions are unfounded because one game (Cin/Bal) could flip us to a wildcard

Like I said elsewhere, I view yesterday's win as a pickup, so that pushes my Bengals prediction out to 11-5. I don't like the Vikings game just because the Vikes have been playing better the last 3-4 weeks, for the Bengals it's probably the least meaningful game left and it comes sandwiched between the division games.

The only matchup I see us losing is the final game but at that point I think we have the 3 locked up.

Vikes suck goat balls. Cassell is the QB, with glass jaw Ponder all hurt and such.

Biggest game is Sunday. Win and you control your destiny.

In honor of our sidelined Billy, I submit a tribute: boobies.

Epic_Boobies.jpg?9d7bd4

Today's factoid, via Hobs:

Top 3 active QBs in road winning %

1. T. Brady .688

2. P. Manning .636

3. W. QB Ever, Cincinnati .609

Here's another interesting stat.

Denver Broncos Playoff QB Stats:

Peyton Manning - 0-1 (He lost that game with an across the body pass that was intercepted. Same kind Dalton threw for his first red zone pick that the media blasted him about)

Tim Tebow 1-1

Being the "glass half all empty" kinda guy I am, how does Dalton's road playoff winning percentage stack up against other active QBs?

The Browns are looking for fans to fill the dog pound on Sundays TJ. Interested?? ;)/>/>

I'm probably the one guy on BZ who could get away with it

I'd wear my jersey, and they'd be so confused --- "who the hell is Myles?" "37...isn't that a practice squad cornerback or something?" "Miles is a Raven now, and that poor wonk didn't even get his name spelled right!" -- that they'd forget to beat me to death

Being the "glass half all empty" kinda guy I am, how does Dalton's road playoff winning percentage stack up against other active QBs?

The Browns are looking for fans to fill the dog pound on Sundays TJ. Interested?? ;)/>/>/>

I'm probably the one guy on BZ who could get away with it

I'd wear my jersey, and they'd be so confused --- "who the hell is Myles?" "37...isn't that a practice squad cornerback or something?" "Miles is a Raven now, and that poor wonk didn't even get his name spelled right!" -- that they'd forget to beat me to death

I say that, but in all honesty, I'm so old, I was a Browns fan until I was 15 years old! :lmao: That was in 1968 when the Bengals came to town! :bengal:

two OT games away from being 10-2!

The one they really had to have, especially with the team turmoil down there, was the Dolphins game

They'd have the second seed RIGHT NOW but for that loss

I hear you. Fck that should have been a win. However I put that squarely on Marv's shoulders.

Dalton just needs to get better at the basics. No one is asking him to be Aaron Rogers or Manning. Just *don't* screw the pooch. All we are asking, right?