Packers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

Maybe it's Marvin pulling him out of the game on 3rd down? Who knows. I will say this, so far the Bengals have had some really long drives that turned into scores. I don't remember seeing that happen in a very long time. Before Gruden, I was able to predict just about every play ran from my couch. Now he's mixing it up a bit!

I didn't like them cutting Connor but I get really pumped up when I see Peko in as our FB!

I really love when GB is in the game too! Maybe we should put some packages in when he and the law firm are in the game at the same time!!

Another thing that I'd like to see sooner than later is one of the WR's stepping up and taking some pressure off of Green.

And this relates to what I was saying in another thread. Why does Gruden keep taking him off the field on 3rd down? It's not every time, of course, but if there's one time I want Eifert on the field to cause matchup problems for the defense...it's on 3rd down. Seems like you'd want him out there every single time.

I'm sure Gruden has his reasons, but my simple uneducated football mind is failing to comprehend it.

It isn't possible for another WRs to step up, when Gruden and Dalton throw it it Green on almost every play designed to go to a WO. Lucky the TEs have stepped it up some so far.

If you go and look he is spreading the ball around pretty good this year.

And here's the final injury report:

OUT: B. Ghee (disco fever)

DOUBTFUL: D. Kirkpatrick (first round bustitis), M. Pollack (bad last name to have in Cincy-itis)

QUESTIONABLE: Pacman (hole in pocket full of quarters), A. Collins (you can't hurry love or knee injuries), J. Miles (not-Reggie-itis)

PROBABLE: G. Bernard (thank you gawd), C. Dunlap (strained back from carrying all that new money), W. Gilberry (depression from comparing tiny paycheck to Dunlap's, MJ's), M. Jones (late night at Counting Crows concert), Alex Smith (terminal boredom)

Out of curiosity, has there been a scientific endeavor to discover what brittle material Dre Kirkpatrick is made of? Because it sure as s**t isn't flesh and bones. I'm surprised he survived his childhood, let alone "plays football."

And here's the final injury report:

OUT: B. Ghee (disco fever)

DOUBTFUL: D. Kirkpatrick (first round bustitis), M. Pollack (bad last name to have in Cincy-itis)

QUESTIONABLE: Pacman (hole in pocket full of quarters), A. Collins (you can't hurry love or knee injuries), J. Miles (not-Reggie-itis)

PROBABLE: G. Bernard (thank you gawd), C. Dunlap (strained back from carrying all that new money), W. Gilberry (depression from comparing tiny paycheck to Dunlap's, MJ's), M. Jones (late night at Counting Crows concert), Alex Smith (terminal boredom)

This is hilarious. Really made my day :lmao:/>

Im calling now,Hunt will play he will get 5 Sacks it will happen :D

Out of curiosity, has there been a scientific endeavor to discover what brittle material Dre Kirkpatrick is made of? Because it sure as s**t isn't flesh and bones. I'm surprised he survived his childhood, let alone "plays football."

wasn't he known for being durable in school.

Im calling now,Hunt will play he will get 5 Sacks it will happen :D/>

wasn't he known for being durable in school.

No idea, but he sure left that in college. Seems something on him snaps in half any time someone sneezes in his general direction.

Maybe it's Marvin pulling him out of the game on 3rd down? Who knows. I will say this, so far the Bengals have had some really long drives that turned into scores. I don't remember seeing that happen in a very long time. Before Gruden, I was able to predict just about every play ran from my couch. Now he's mixing it up a bit!

I didn't like them cutting Connor but I get really pumped up when I see Peko in as our FB!

I really love when GB is in the game too! Maybe we should put some packages in when he and the law firm are in the game at the same time!!

Another thing that I'd like to see sooner than later is one of the WR's stepping up and taking some pressure off of Green.

And this relates to what I was saying in another thread. Why does Gruden keep taking him off the field on 3rd down? It's not every time, of course, but if there's one time I want Eifert on the field to cause matchup problems for the defense...it's on 3rd down. Seems like you'd want him out there every single time.

I'm sure Gruden has his reasons, but my simple uneducated football mind is failing to comprehend it.

It isn't possible for another WRs to step up, when Gruden and Dalton throw it it Green on almost every play designed to go to a WO. Lucky the TEs have stepped it up some so far.

If you go and look he is spreading the ball around pretty good this year.

I went back and looked again:

Green has 15 rec, all other WR's have 13 with Sanu at 9

Eifert has 8 and Gresham has 11, very good distribution there

Gio and BJGE both have 2 each.

/The problem for me is the over abundance of targets thrown Green's way into double coverage, when a RB, TE or other WR is open or at least single covered. It is not 2011/2012 anymore, there are other options available this season. If Dalton would start to hit the open guys, in turn coverage on Green will get less attention and open big plays from him, win-win.

I think that's just a reflection of Andy's comfort level with his receivers. I don't think it's a coincidence that his two leading pass catchers are Green and Gresham. They have been with him longest.

I agree, I just saw alot of easier throws that Dalton passed on (to force it to Green) during the Stealers game. He needs to grow with the talent on this team, open up to throwing to the other options. Just dont game plan a whole half that leaves Green a spectator, like they did in the playoff loss last year.