Parker Removes Head from Arse?

HoosierCat

from bengals.com:

The Bengals went into Friday night's intrasquad scrimmage without their first rounder, but the agent for running back Chris Perry is hopeful he can finish off his fourth and last first-rounder of this draft soon.

"We got three of them in on time and we're talking about teams that aren't exactly the most generous," said Eugene Parker, who had No. 3 Larry Fitzgerald in Arizona and the pick ahead of Perry in No. 25 Ahmad Carroll in Green Bay. "We were hoping to make it four for four."

Parker wouldn't comment on any specifics, but he did talk about his relationship with Marvin Lewis. He knows the Bengals head coach well from representing many of his players on the 2000 Ravens Super Bowl defense, such as Ray Lewis, Rod Woodson, and Chris McAlister, and he says he continues to have a good rapport with him. On Tuesday, Lewis said the Bengals' offer was in line with the deals around Perry.

"I'm sure everybody thinks their numbers are good," Parker said. "Hopefully something can happen soon."

So do we all, Eugene. Now shut up and close the deal. :player:

I don't believe Chris Perry has to step anything up to get the #2 position. IMO this guy is the real deal. If Marvin thinks he was worth a #1 pick on after watching him for the Senior Bowl, that's all I need to know!

This is just a little game his agent is playing. Marvin will put an end to it when he see fit.

I don't believe Chris Perry has to step anything up to get the #2 position. IMO this guy is the real deal. If Marvin thinks he was worth a #1 pick on after watching him for the Senior Bowl, that's all I need to know!

This is just a little game his agent is playing. Marvin will put an end to it when he see fit.

But at the same time, Coach Lewis seems to be a big believer in making a player earn their spot. He told Ratliff that he was at the bottom of an interesting race for the nickel back position. My guess is that he marks Perry at #3 to make him earn his way up to #2. I agree Billy, he must be the real deal or Coach Lewis wouldn't have taken him.

Watson and Hicks will be competing for the 3rd spot, they are back-ups. Perry is an heir apparent and will be moved into the 2nd spot even sooner than Palmer was last year. He definitely has the potential to be the number 1 guy in the near future and I don't see Watson or Hicks beating him out for the 2nd spot. Perry should be the #2 before the end of Preseason.

If he's not there then obviously someone will be keeping his spot warm for him, but I don't see either side going that long before getting a deal done. Parker has more time to focus on Perry now, so does the front office since they have all the other draft picks signed. I see him in before the end of camp.

Uhm, Billy....

Chris Perry sat out of the Senior Bowl <_<

I think he sat because he was still recovering from an ankle injury he sustained against the Trojans in the Rose Bowl.

- I'm pretty sure he wasn't one of the " my agent told me not too " guys.

* But he's running out of time here. Running back spots are going to be 5 or less.

1. Rudi Johnson

2. Jeremi Johnson

3. Chris Perry

4. Kenny Watson

- A fifth guy would most likely be either Skip Hicks or James Lynch. Hicks is big enough to substitute as a full back from time to time..

Marvin has no control over contract negotiations at all, it's up the Brown/Blackburn family to hammer out.

That's absolutely right. Some of these guys think that Lewis is in full control now that they've seen Lewis step up to the podium and let Mike Brown fall into the shadows (which I will have to admit, that was a great marketing ploy by Mikey Boy).

I'm going to venture to say that the reason why Perry isn't signed is because the Brown & Blackburn Connection gave Perry a "take it or leave it" offer. Their negotiation skills are top-notch, aren't they???

:lol::lol::lol: