Abdullah Hurt

HoosierCat

bengals.com:

Abdullah injured

8-5-04, 5:05 p.m.

The Bengals suffered their first major injury of training camp Thursday when special teams ace Khalid Abdullah hurt his right leg and left the field on a stretcher in an ambulance. Abdullah, a second-year backup linebacker, tied for third in special teams solo tackles as a rookie with 10 and total tackles with 14. The Bengals were working in shoulder pads and helmets when the injury occured during a scrimmage.

Damn. Hope he's OK.

Channel 12 reported that the injury was a dislocated ankle.

I have no idea how long it takes to recover from a dislocated ankle -- but it sounds better than a broken ankle. :player:

A dislocated ankle put you Out for the Season ??

That doesn't sound right to me.

Me either...I'm just passing along the news.

Not a good start to the season for the draft class of 2003. Weathersby first, now Abdullah, and Jeremi Johnson is reportedly on the bubble because of weight issues.

Damn.

I'm about to tell you more than I know.

But, a dislocation of the ankle sounds very serious based on the following medical treatment:

How is it treated?

An ankle dislocation requires urgent treatment to avoid permanent damage to nerves and blood vessels, which can be pinched between bones.

Treatment depends on the severity of the injury. Severe injuries may require surgery to repair the joint.

After correcting the dislocation, the doctor will put a fiberglass cast or air cast on your ankle so that it will heal in its proper place. If you have surgery, the doctor will place you in a cast for about 6 weeks. :(

I'm about to tell you more than I know.

But, a dislocation of the ankle sounds very serious based on the following medical treatment:

How is it treated?

An ankle dislocation requires urgent treatment to avoid permanent damage to nerves and blood vessels, which can be pinched between bones.

Treatment depends on the severity of the injury. Severe injuries may require surgery to repair the joint.

After correcting the dislocation, the doctor will put a fiberglass cast or air cast on your ankle so that it will heal in its proper place. If you have surgery, the doctor will place you in a cast for about 6 weeks. :(

Dang! We need to change your name to "BengalDoc!" ;)

The curse of the Bengals Training Camp strikes again!

I hope there is no lasting damage such as ligaments.

From Hobson's Choice:

"Lewis made an interesting comment Friday when discussing what looks to be right outside linebacker Khalid Abdullah’s season-ending dislocated right ankle.

He indicated that Johnson was Simmons’ backup even before Abdullah went down."